Manly Fans Revolt over Ticket Prices

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I take my old man (76 now) to the home-games where I can. Use my meagre salary appropriately to pay the great guy back for raising me and paying my way for first 15-20 years of life.

Last year we couldn't go obviously - passion aside the home games were not accessible to the hoi polloi, and 76-years old and covid? Mention the word passion at your own peril, as its bull**** if you think a fan has to attend in Covid whilst being in highest-risk category.

2019, I took him to a couple of games - we got strip-searched at the entrance for food/drink. We had a bottle of water and some home-made popcorn. Taken.

Apparently we are only allowed to purchase water and junk-food snacks like kettle chips at the venue, not bring it in. Buy them inside (inflated $$$$$ for simple packets of crisps, and close to $10 per light beer/ or cider) - after half-time only half-strength drinks too. Full price but for them.

We got seats in the grandstand for about $160 combined (ie approx $80 each).

Spent another $80 on 2 full-strength drinks each before half-time and the same after. Another $20 on junk food to eat with the bers. Walked back to my place after the game in DY and my old man was good to drive home by then (could have taken cab/iber at anohter 15-30 bucks).

If they have doubled the price on that since, then i'm reluctant to say it, but my 76-year-old dad will never see another Manly game live.

Pretty Sad for the guy, he's a pensioner, and these prices are simply not tenable.
Others have picked up on the unfairness of the pricing and I agree but I must add that the whole food thing really irks me. I have such fond memories of going to the footy with Mum and Dad with a thermos of coffee and packed sandwiches. All of the grounds. In hindsight, it was such a loving ritual.
While I understand commercial contracts everywhere now prevent this, it just saddens me that that is now forcibly absent from our society.

Serious? You should email the club about that, it is disgraceful.
Emailing the club regarding the searching for and consfication of food etc is pointless, their standard response is that the security is contracted out and the club has no control over the actions of security.
Some security personnel get it, some don't, it shouldn't be the luck of the draw.
Challenge them on it, they wouldn't know.
Unless it is specifically spelt out in the T & C's of entry then they can't stop you taking stuff in (eg, alcohol/drugs, glass, cans, commercial takeaway food etc are in the T & C's ).

Last edited:
Adding to that - if you’re cutting off the grassroots support of the club by jacking up prices, where is the next generation going to come from? I used to walk 1.5 hours each way to Brooky when I was a kid, in order to save the $1 bus fare and thus pay the $5 to get in... my passion came from being taken to every home game as a younger kid myself in the early to mid 80s. Typically short sighted policy from a League club, you’d have to say. Bring prices down, get bigger crowds in, let the momentum for club support grow, get more merch and food sales... you wind up making a lot more coin in the mid to long term!

Others have picked up on the unfairness of the pricing and I agree but I must add that the whole food thing really irks me. I have such fond memories of going to the footy with Mum and Dad with a thermos of coffee and packed sandwiches. All of the grounds. In hindsight, it was such a loving ritual.
While I understand commercial contracts everywhere now prevent this, it just saddens me that that is now forcibly absent from our society.

Back in the 90's I regularly took my son and 3/4 of his mates to the games ... but we always filled up on Maccas across the road, either before or after the games ... didn't mind the admission cost ... but was buggered if I was going to line up for ages to pay double the price for the average to poor food on offer in the ground ..

Emailing the club regarding the searching for and consfication of food etc is pointless, their standard response is that the security is contracted out and the club has no control over the actions of security.
Some security personnel get it, some don't, it shouldn't be the luck of the draw.
Challenge them on it, they wouldn't know.
Unless it is specifically spelt out in the T & C's of entry then they can't stop you taking stuff in (eg, alcohol/drugs, glass, cans, commercial takeaway food etc are in the T & C's ).

Not shooting the messenger here stu. Thanks good info but any organisation that allows its contractors to overstep the mark and takes no reponsability for thete actions but then sends out membership packages and asks for donations from the very people that fob off is deledued , if they think they will forever show up with there wallets out

Maybe this attitude is why the numbers are constantly low

Spent another $80 on 2 full-strength drinks each before half-time and the same after. Another $20 on junk food to eat with the bers. Walked back to my place after the game in DY and my old man was good to drive home by then (could have taken cab/iber at anohter 15-30 bucks).
that's pretty amazing, you could have a box each for $80 at home......

maybe it's time to get a beer belly @:D:party:

Beer Belly 2.jpg

Not shooting the messenger here stu. Thanks good info but any organisation that allows its contractors to overstep the mark and takes no reponsability for thete actions but then sends out membership packages and asks for donations from the very people that fob off is deledued , if they think they will forever show up with there wallets out

Maybe this attitude is why the numbers are constantly low

Yep.
I have rung the club after a rather unsavoury "discussion" with security whilst trying to enter a match.
The club whilst understanding of my plight pretty much paid me lip service by agreeing with me and assuring me that they'd advise their security contractor of the conditions of entry but alas it continues.
It is piss poor that this continues, we get surveys every year asking about match day experiences etc but nothing changes.

They thanked us for pledging our memberships last year - which we did in good faith - but have bent us over for doing so and expect us to get on our knees too.

As I've said before, I've ever only been a 3 game member but buy two of them, a kids membership and an interstate membership for my brother, but to put the price up with no games is madness.
Instead of getting my $$ and then what I spend at the ground they've lost it for this year.

that's pretty amazing, you could have a box each for $80 at home......

maybe it's time to get a beer belly @:D:party:

View attachment 17001
I'd be all for it if I didn't have to pawn everything I own for some 2nd-half light beer.

And if $80 gets you a box then I was seriously under-advised as to my choices at the ticketing booth - I don't claim to be an expert on the ticket options and costs which they offer though.

I'd be all for it if I didn't have to pawn everything I own for some 2nd-half light beer.

And if $80 gets you a box then I was seriously under-advised as to my choices at the ticketing booth - I don't claim to be an expert on the ticket options and costs which they offer though.
I think he means a box (slab) of beers each to drink at home watching the game on TV.

Sadly those that put a price on the things they love lose the real meaning of life

Some things in life you cannot buy
Just ask a broken hearted North Sydney Bear supporter

What is the true Meaning of Priceless?

Our club is priceless and if we ever lose it . No money will ever get it back

Any one that puts a price on their club
Is not worthy to be part of it

***CHICKENS RUN AWAY FROM ADVERSITY
BUT LOYAL AND PASSIONATE SEA EAGLES
ALWAYS RISE ABOVE IT ***

God Bless our loyal , passionate and grateful Manly supporters/ club members
Who are the lifeline of their club because when times are tough they do not run away and rip our Legendary clubs proud history and life support off .

867dbdd49ba7af4302fb6f7ae7aae38c.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4