Manly Facebook pages - Official & Fan Pages

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Eagles Nest 78

Reserve Grader

Manly Facebook pages - Official & Fan Pages

The Manly official Facebook has around 187,000 followers and that number seems to have not increased in the last 12 months

The official page is under the name “Manly Warringah Sea Eagles”

Then there has been an unofficial page under “Manly Sea Eagles” a very similar name.

This page is boosting how its followers are now over 26,000, which has grown substantially this year. The issue the name seems to have taken fans thinking it was the official page. It is taking followers from the Manly official Facebook page. There needs a name change to this unofficial Facebook “Manly Sea Eagles” to like “Manly Sea Eagles - Fan Page. The Club needs to step in an request this name change as we would have 200k followers if this unofficial page was not so misleading. Comments welcome.

Last edited:
You must’ve seen my post on there where I suggested the same thing. Don’t go suggesting it because you’ll be shut down and practically bullied like I was last night by the administrator...

Bit of background for anyone who missed it as the post was deleted - I suggested this group be changed to ‘Manly Sea Eagles Supporters Group’ but was shut down big time by the administrator, and was ridiculed for my age and said I need to show respect. It was such a simple request I can’t believe how out of control it got. A friend of mine even got some personal attacks by the moderator...

Anyways I don’t care he’s said no to a name change, just annoyed that he was being so rude to everyone who agreed with me last night & that is something he usually blocks people for!

It's not hip or woke apparently :rolleyes:

Never used it myself and surprised that Manly would be concerned with the number of users that they have on facebook :wasntme:

From a marketing perspective it’s still relevant. I use to work for a marketing company and to get new clients we would show the amount of people we have following on social media, including Facebook. I presume Manly would do the same when getting sponsors

Facebook is definitely not my preferred social media either hahahaha but I still use it for footy purposes, as I do twitter

From a marketing perspective it’s still relevant. I use to work for a marketing company and to get new clients we would show the amount of people we have following on social media, including Facebook. I presume Manly would do the same when getting sponsors

Facebook is definitely not my preferred social media either hahahaha but I still use it for footy purposes, as I do twitter
No use griping about the name a decade after it happened.:rolleyes:

Instagram is the flavour of the month ATM but Manly have never had a full time professional content manager @:cool:

Last edited:
Cuzzo does that! He conducts the production of all the material on our social media & works full time for us. Been doing a great job this year

Does he know about the 'unofficial' facebook page?

And if he did, would he or Manly care enough to demand it to be changed?

Sorry about your bullying. The internet is full 'o dicks. Can't help but notice the irony of an old d-bag telling you to respect your elders while all the time acting like a totally disrespectful d-bag.

Sorry about your bullying. The internet is full 'o dicks. Can't help but notice the irony of an old d-bag telling you to respect your elders while all the time acting like a totally disrespectful d-bag.

I believe he knows about it, but doesn’t know that people aren’t getting banned for things such as discussing team changes. Yep you saw that right - saying that Brendan Elliott should be in over Brad Parker (not that I believe this being a part of the Brad fan club ;)) can get you banned.

There have been some comments of people saying they are getting banned from Manly, getting confused thinking it’s the official site. So that was more my issue from last night because I wouldn’t want people thinking that the club is trying to silence them, when it’s not them running it.

Anyways it’s obviously not gonna be changed on it’s own from the response I got, just hope there’s no confusion and everyone realise they aren’t affiliated with the club itself

Well given they watch this site like a hawk and are quick to complain and threaten if something isn't to their liking then I presume they do the same with all unofficial Manly social media sites.

The guy that runs it thinks of himself as a “ godlike “ character.

I was a member BUT pulled him up many times for his so called “ inside knowledge “ , which in my opinion was just regurgitated from Twitter / other Facebook.

I too disagreed with the name, but “ he who must be obeyed” wouldn’t have any part of a name change ( and we know why).

I think that the MWSE should make contact and demand a name change or following no action take it up with FB to do it for them.

I won’t name the person due to defamation laws.

@The Wheel
@Mitch

When you have your next members council meeting I think you should bring this issue up.

This character makes outrageous comments about collaboration/inside knowledge and most of his members think it’s the clubs official page ( run by him).

Anytime anyone calls him he instantly boots them off and deletes the post.

At best it should be pulled down.

At worst a name change to add “ unofficial fan page “ or similar.

I do realise that MWSE can’t control what people say on Facebook pages that aren’t run by them , that’s not the issue, the issue is most of the members there ( double the number of their own) are there thinking it’s sanctioned by the club.

Cuzzo needs to act.

You must’ve seen my post on there where I suggested the same thing. Don’t go suggesting it because you’ll be shut down and practically bullied like I was last night by the administrator...

Bit of background for anyone who missed it as the post was deleted - I suggested this group be changed to ‘Manly Sea Eagles Supporters Group’ but was shut down big time by the administrator, and was ridiculed for my age and said I need to show respect. It was such a simple request I can’t believe how out of control it got. A friend of mine even got some personal attacks by the moderator...

Anyways I don’t care he’s said no to a name change, just annoyed that he was being so rude to everyone who agreed with me last night & that is something he usually blocks people for!

I'm sorry I didn't see your post ... but I got banned 12 months ago after I disagreed with one of his posts ..... just be comforted by the fact that your exile from the site places you in the company of some good people ...

@The Wheel
@Mitch

When you have your next members council meeting I think you should bring this issue up.

This character makes outrageous comments about collaboration/inside knowledge and most of his members think it’s the clubs official page ( run by him).

I do realise that MWSE can’t control what people say on Facebook pages that aren’t run by them , that’s not the issue, the issue is most of the members there ( double the number of their own) are there thinking it’s sanctioned by the club.

Cuzzo needs to act.

I don't post so haven't been barred.

I just left it anyway. I don't need to feed the ego of someone with small man syndrome.

@The Wheel
@Mitch

Cuzzo needs to act.
Will pass on for sure

From a brand perspective it is pretty difficult to manage pages like this (especially if the page owner is combative)

Also in terms of Facebook it is still relevant as part of an overall social strategy. Cuzzo is a busy man if he is looking after all those platforms and content.

As an example at my work I have 6 people doing the same for something which is not as crucial as it is for Manly (where content is key to drive memberships etc)

That ‘Bob Simon’ clown that runs the group thinks he is high and almighty. Some of the dribble that comes from his posts are laughable.
Makes out like he is the ceo of the club or something and every new member is his doing. He seems a bit out of touch.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8