Manly could learn from.....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
the Springboks. Two weeks ago they were a complete rabble and were routed by the Wallabies in Sydney. The only thing that stopped a complete flogging was the nice run the ref gave the Springboks to keep them in the game.

Put them at Ellis Park though, and what a different team. They belted the Aussies from the opening whistle, rushed up in defence, and committed 4 men to nearly every tackle. Absolutely ferocious and the Wobblies had no answers and were comprehensively beaten.

I don't think the most skillful team won last night. The most committed team did.

Manly can learn from that. It seems our boys are holding back, nursing injuries and not showing desparation. Seems to me that they need to go out on the field next week that they will do whatever it takes to win, and that they will win every contest that they can - in the tackle, diving on losse balls, charging down kicks, covering their mate etc. If they come off the field with no gas left in the tank then we're a chance.

Hasler could do a lot worse than make the lads watch that Test MAtch to see the possibilities when EVERYTHING is put on the line. I'd love to see our pack be as feral as the Boks were last night.

did someone make a tackle.bit early in the international season for that silly stuff- what are they thinking.a couple of tries interrupted the feast of penalty goals i hear.that would have had those filthy boers real fired up;they rarely see them up there in the high veld.

The funniest sight is watching all the boers trying to watch the game by bobbing around the fat head with no neck in front of them, trying to catch a glimpse of the action.

Mata is right. BK admitted to being jaded right from the first tackle last week. To quote the Sage of Dubbo - "We need intensity, commitment and mediocrity will not be tolerated"!

We need to go back to basics, it's a cliche but it really sums it up. Watch the game against the Storm, we killed them that day with plain old enthusiasm. There's no substitute for that kind of intensity..

You can knock Union if you like but the defensive intensity of the Boks was fantastic. Wallabies were being hammered well behind the advantage line and ended up running around like headless chooks, gifting two intercepts in the first 20 mins. To Australia's credit our defence as also reasonably good especially in our own quarter, where we might have conceded four or five more tries with poor one on one defence.

Very up-tempo game!

Not intending this to be a debate on the merits of Union.

Fact was the Boks swarmed all over the Wallabies and had them on the back foot for the entire game. For the record both sides combined scored fewer tries than The Seagles have leaked in recent weeks - 6.

And there were some monster hits. Schaulk Burger was launching himself in mid air at opponents.

Debate, did Matebele mention debate,.................... and Daniel, Union is not that bad, Union players could drink League players, Soccer Players, Netball players and any other player you care to mention under the table and still turn up the next day for another game.

[quote author=Matabele]

Debate, did Matebele mention debate,.................... and Daniel, Union is not that bad, Union players could drink League players, Soccer Players, Netball players and any other player you care to mention under the table and still turn up the next day for another game.

[/quote]

the sport is still a catostrophic mess!

I'd have thought someone of Daniel's intelligence would have worked out the rules and therefore gained an understanding of the rhythm and beauty of Union.

Regardless, a viewing of that game and the commitment shown by the boys in green would surely not be lost on our current crop of marshmellows.

I understand the rules, I understand the game. I just dont find it a highly interesting spor to watch. I will watch it over say soccer. But its just too messy and too many penalties for mine

surely it hasnt been granted "sport "status yet.it will only be a true sport when 50% of the spectators face towards the pitch while the game is in progress.

i go once every 4 years(france this year) to

1.remind myself of the heinous nature of the game and to glory in the fact that it gets worse every time

2 to marvel at how many dickheads could be removed from this earth in one foul swoop by some unfortunate act of god.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4