Manly can now afford to keep Darcy Lussick and Matt Ballin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kiwi Eagle said:
Johnson only got picked because Foran was injured

No doubt in my mind he would have already played origin if eligible

I have sensed for some time, that you have a Toovey type beef with K Foran, am I wrong in assuming that ?

Nope. Love Foran. Love his value add. Love his demeanor. Love his passion and enthusiasm. Love his toughness. Love his chemistry.

Just think 650k is a lot of coin for a 4.4 mill salary cap team mate - regardless of who that player was. I'd be complaining if it were Thurston with us on that.

Foran is a gem.

Toovey....

Sheikheagle said:
No kiwi I think he has a thing for Liam Foran!

Actually - hehehehe - I do. I love him as a player. I think with another 20 odd games under his belt, he'd be awesome - Hinchcliffe type of value add.

I won't deny I don't have a mancrush on Fozza mach 2.

Fair enough mate, just needed to ask, especially after the scathing post on him after he resigned haha

In today's game, it seems a lot of what you pay a young bloke, you have to pay in potential as well, and if we look at Foran year to year, his game has gone up each year, and if you want him long term you need to take a gamble on where that potential will eventually finish.
IMO that could very well be a top 10 NRL player within a few years, as he has some skills that others don't posess, and his style of play is always testing the defense. I would love to see he and Watmough develop more plays together now T Rex is going

Kiwi Eagle said:
Fair enough mate, just needed to ask, especially after the scathing post on him after he resigned haha

In today's game, it seems a lot of what you pay a young bloke, you have to pay in potential as well, and if we look at Foran year to year, his game has gone up each year, and if you want him long term you need to take a gamble on where that potential will eventually finish.
IMO that could very well be a top 10 NRL player within a few years, as he has some skills that others don't posess, and his style of play is always testing the defense. I would love to see he and Watmough develop more plays together now T Rex is going

Being fully open and honest, I have zero problems with ANY players on our roster. We are truly lucky. I love Penn. I love our sponsors. I love what Dave Perry has been doing. I love our recruitment team. I love our culture.

I think he's forgotten what half combination swept this club to a premiership 9 months ago.

Kiwi Eagle said:
C'mon mate, just 1 more sentence, I love our co...

Not happening. For mine, a true testament of a person is character. That's all.

Not at all Mick. I was there at the GF, crack bang in the middle of the maori section ! They were top sports. Foran / DCE are awesome as a unit.

Ryan said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
I disagree with that to an extent Ryan

I agree that the type of figure mentioned there is for the elite only, but I would class Foran as a tier 2 type player worth 450+. 300k would be massive unders when blokes like Beau Scott are rumored to be signing for 400 and Lussick rumored to have high 200 offers

I love the Foran / DCE chemistry, don't get me wrong, and maybe technical coach can help me out here, but it seems to me the game has kind of worked Foran out.

I can't think of one magical thing he has done this season (and I know he's been out most of the time).

Other 650k players like Inglis, Thurston, Slater & co. can single handedly tear a team apart. If he's getting paid that (and I only realised his cap hit tonight after investigation) my expectations for him are, and will be immense.

Didn't he lose his test spot to Shaun Johnson? For 650k, I want a (at a minimum) a test player - I consider origin much harder to break than the Aussie team, and I know they are Kiwi's.

He's not THAT much better than bottom tiered Liam. Better, yeah. Not 600k better.

If you havent noticed Ryan hes been out injured and when he has played hes been busted. On one leg last week he willed us to victory, the kid not only has immense talent he has a massive ticker.

Youve got no idea about footy if you think Foz is just an average player.

Ryan said:
Foran is worth about 50% of that contract amount. I'd be surprised if it WERE that amount (and I know reports said it was). If he is getting $650k per season, then we are getting burgled. Absolutely NO WAY he's getting Thurston type money.

Also, I'd reckon it's 300k odd, with third party deals somewhere.

Foran will be the game's best 5/8 within 3 yrs. Thurston is the only one in front of him atm.

I am with Ryan, Foran is not worth $650k imo. Although I have no idea if he is being paid that or close to it. In saying this I am glad he is on our books as he is a class player and if he was a new south welshman he would be in the blues side for sure.

So quick to judge give him time also.
K foz can hit hard in defence.
Put players through wholes with late ball play right at the line.
Strong ball runner, getting his attacking kick game going.
He can inspire a team win with his heart and putting his body on the line type play. he has the skill and toughness, I have no doubt he is and will be a top tier player. Contract money wise who knows its hard to put a $ value on players. K foz might not tear teams apart with sublime skill like jt but he makes up for it in other areas. Watch him on our run into the semis , il put money on him Getting us over the line in those games! When you need some one to stand up or make something happen he does.. The price tag you put on that I am not sure . Just my opinion

kingyfan said:
Lussick is gone get over it.

If he was gone it would be announced already, Clubs don't sign a player and not announce it. He would still be in contract negotiations.

Matty Ballin is one of my favourite players in the team.
Good if we can keep matty, he is crucial to our chances and is really the quiet achiever in the squad.

His work goes unnoticed alot of the time. Great defender, good organiser and can steal a try at crucial times during a match (first to score in 2008 GF). Typical high class hooker role. Only Smith is preventing matty from playing for Qld.

Lussick...Sorry but cant say 'm a big fan but hope he changes my mind with the remaining games ahead :)

Even if lussick had signed with parra that contract can't be approved by the nrl until June 30. This happened a few years back when Luke Lewis signed with souths then decided to stay at penrith

Lussick had said today that eh w8ill decide his future shortly so it doesn't sound like he has signed anywhere else yet

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6