Manly Assistant coach - Steve Hales

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I knowo nothing (as general Schultze would say) about him, but has been rated by many highly regarded footy judges in recent years.
Did coach the Blacktown Seaeagles in 2020 who did not perform at any super heights, but seems disjointed with basically a different team each week and were missing a few key players who had to obviously step up at NRL level due to injury and this Covid stuff has made sporting operations difficult around the globe.
Does anyone know a bit more about him, as interested with the selection to help Des reignite Manly in 2021....

I knowo nothing (as general Schultze would say) about him, but has been rated by many highly regarded footy judges in recent years.
Did coach the Blacktown Seaeagles in 2020 who did not perform at any super heights, but seems disjointed with basically a different team each week and were missing a few key players who had to obviously step up at NRL level due to injury and this Covid stuff has made sporting operations difficult around the globe.
Does anyone know a bit more about him, as interested with the selection to help Des reignite Manly in 2021....

When did Sarge get a promotion?

if he can make a constructive input in to improving or developing a better defensive structure for Manly , he would just have earned his coaching upgrade there . Maybe also some better variety in attacking style , Manly were lacking in that area also last season [ even with injuries to key players aside ]

He has worked at Westfields Sports high for a number of years along with our old 20's coach, Wayne Lambkin. Would have a close relationship with a lot of the great talent coming out of that school.
I have heard Des has always had a very high opinion of Hales' footy brain. I have heard positive things about the guy from other people in the know.

I am aware of his importance as a connection to Westfield Sports High.
But have certainly seen nothing in the performance of Blacktown under Hales for 2 years to give me confidence in him as a coach, especially in defence.
Happy to be proved wrong.

I's say it more to do with his relationship with the young players and to help keep them patient and focused.

Beat me to it but he does seem smarter than Colonel Klink so General seems apt.

I liked the episode when Klink found out Shultz was part of some uber rich toy company....so started being nice to him for a job after the war.

Blacktown has about half the salary cap of the top teams, one could probably assume that same lack of budget stretches across his coaching assistants too

When the time comes and Des decides its enough, for me we MUST appoint Wayne Lambkin!

This guy worked miracles with the 2017 Holden cup team whom you remember got the spoon in 2016 and he and his coaching team put together a side that knew no fear and swept all before them to claim the title.

He would be perfect as he has the relationship with the boys from that side and his work at Westfield sports high and his relationships with the Polynesian community would be a great asset to our club!

I noticed also, Cartwright as Bronco assistant coach in 2021
The changeover is complete, as the days of Barrett and Cartwright were a nightmare.
Not to bash these blokes as already copped plenty and it was just a bad patch overall, not just these 2.
Still good to have the Manly 2021 campaign completely fresh,...having Cartwright still left a big grey cloud overhead and hopefully the changes reboot the club on and off the field.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2