Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Given what’s going on there’s no guarantee he’ll even get to court this year.

The stand down policy never was set up to see a player not to be able to play for 3 years , it’s a joke!!

Yeah I agree, there needs to be some sort of time limit etc.

I get where the NRL is coming from and in some respects support it, but this is a poor situation.

If Manase is found not guilty he will have suffered a lot. Imagine what he last contract upgrade would have been had he kept playing, considering how hookers are valued.

700-800k a year?

He may never get that now.

And I respect the, dont put yourself in that situation argument but life isnt always that simple

Yeah I agree, there needs to be some sort of time limit etc.

I get where the NRL is coming from and in some respects support it, but this is a poor situation.

If Manase is found not guilty he will have suffered a lot. Imagine what he last contract upgrade would have been had he kept playing, considering how hookers are valued.

700-800k a year?

He may never get that now.

And I respect the, dont put yourself in that situation argument but life isnt always that simple
The original rule is probably ok but no one expected it to go three years , and it could even be four.

Probably a combination of the jurisdiction of the court, the urgency of the matter, and the amount of money he was prepared to throw at it.

I imagine that if Fainu wanted to get some sort of stay issued for the no fault stand down rule he could petition a court fairly quickly. The problem is that De Bellend tried that already and failed so now there's already a precedent against him if he were to try himself.

I imagine the criminal case against him is at the mercy of the snails pace that criminal courts move at.

(I'm not a lawyer).
Let's not forget that Fainu elected to go to a jury trial, that extended the delay substantially

Wonder how much he would've played if the church dance never happened. His shoulder may have kept him out just as long, probably on a significantly higher salary.
I think I replied to this point before but there is no saying his current sholder issues would be anything as bad had his rehab been followed correctly in the first place.

Regardless of guilt jumping over fences, running around like a gangsta and spending time behind bars probably directly relates to his current woes. Can't imagine he got time to rehab when locked up.

I'm sure that only the inner sanctum at MWRLFC know whether Manase's shoulder will ever let him play again, court case aside. I'm wondering if a 'medical retirement' may come into play at some point, enabling the club to keep all 3 of his brothers with no ill feeling - and making the outcome of the court case irrelevant in terms of our immediate playing stocks.
I can't help thinking that Mase's current 'train and trial' contract status is reflective of the above; it gives the club PR options and little liability. In other words, if his shoulder was 100% (which you think it would be by now) and the club was optimistic about a good court outcome this year, a spot in the 30 would already be his. Perhaps they (the club) are hedging their bets. But having a key spine position sitting out more than two years already must be giving the club nightmares.

I'm sure that only the inner sanctum at MWRLFC know whether Manase's shoulder will ever let him play again, court case aside. I'm wondering if a 'medical retirement' may come into play at some point, enabling the club to keep all 3 of his brothers with no ill feeling - and making the outcome of the court case irrelevant in terms of our immediate playing stocks.
I can't help thinking that Mase's current 'train and trial' contract status is reflective of the above; it gives the club PR options and little liability. In other words, if his shoulder was 100% (which you think it would be by now) and the club was optimistic about a good court outcome this year, a spot in the 30 would already be his. Perhaps they (the club) are hedging their bets. But having a key spine position sitting out more than two years already must be giving the club nightmares.
The club not doing any updates on Manase's playing future, ie; progress in his up coming trial, a tentative date perhaps just to keep our hopes up. And also the progress and fitness of his shoulder, is just plainly not keeping the fan base informed. Maybe theirs a bigger reason ?

The club not doing any updates on Manase's playing future, ie; progress in his up coming trial, a tentative date perhaps just to keep our hopes up. And also the progress and fitness of his shoulder, is just plainly not keeping the fan base informed. Maybe theirs a bigger reason ?
Not sure the club has to update anyone on Fainu’s progress,on field or court.They can’t comment on his court case,the info on when the case is to be heard is widely available and as for his injury progression,well what does it matter,he won’t be back on field til minimum mid season and he’s on a train and trial contract anyway.I can’t recall any club giving updates on their players that are due to appear in court other than the stock standard “(insert players name here)is under investigation and due in court at a later date.The integrity unit has been informed of the situation and at this point,the club will not be making further comment”

Not sure the club has to update anyone on Fainu’s progress,on field or court.They can’t comment on his court case,the info on when the case is to be heard is widely available and as for his injury progression,well what does it matter,he won’t be back on field til minimum mid season and he’s on a train and trial contract anyway.I can’t recall any club giving updates on their players that are due to appear in court other than the stock standard “(insert players name here)is under investigation and due in court at a later date.The integrity unit has been informed of the situation and at this point,the club will not be making further comment”
Most likely. However my thoughts were not really around updates; more on second-guessing the clubs strategy on both Fainu and the hooking role (though I know you were really replying to Eagle 1).

Sure, they don't have to update us on Fainu, but wouldn't you say in this case it's warranted. Theirs been a lot of debate conjecture on here about whether he's going to even play again.

Sure, they don't have to update us on Fainu, but wouldn't you say in this case it's warranted. Theirs been a lot of debate conjecture on here about whether he's going to even play again.
I’d suggest given he’s been given a train and trial contract,that the club thinks he will play again at this stage.As for the conjecture,can you imagine how busy a club would be if it responded to every bit of innuendo on a fan forum?

Problem is its bad press for the club. Any news or updates in regards a player soon due in court on GBH with a knife is Bad Bad Bad for the club.
If he's found innocent we will be back in FG training on the following Monday but until then out of sight out of mind on the PR front.

I think one of the main reasons why he is on a train and trial contract is because the NRL won’t register a new contract for him until his court matter is resolved (his old contract - the one he was on when he was charged - expired last year). The same thing happened with de Belin.

I think one of the main reasons why he is on a train and trial contract is because the NRL won’t register a new contract for him until his court matter is resolved (his old contract - the one he was on when he was charged - expired last year). The same thing happened with de Belin.
Plus it keeps the family happy and there is some talent in this family on our books

The NRL will only allow train and trial. He cannot be signed by any club.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7