Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In one’s darker moments, you could be forgiven for thinking that if this kid played for Easts or Souths, his case would have been heard long before now.

A combination of ‘big end of town’ influence at those two clubs, combined with an ingrained dislike of Manly in the police/judicial network is hurting our club.

Look how Brett Stewart’s name was dragged through the mud, despite advice released publicly within a week of the alleged incident, that there was no trace of Stewart’s DNA on the alleged victim, or on her clothing, et al.

Last edited:
In one’s darker moments, you could be forgiven for thinking that if this kid played for Easts or Souths, his case would have been heard long before now.

A combination of ‘big end of town’ influence at those two clubs, combined with an ingrained dislike of Manly in the police/judicial network is hurting our club.

Look how Brett Stewart’s name was dragged through the mud, despite advice released publicly within a week of the alleged incident, that there was no trace of Stewart’s DNA on the alleged victim, or on her clothing, et al.
100% agree , it’s a disgrace that this has gone on for what 3 yrs ? Uncle Nick would have got it sorted pronto!!

I'm posting this to refresh memories (even though it was previously posted in August last year)

Stood down Manly star Manase Fainu’s management will ask the NRL to reconsider his suspension after two witnesses came forward over his alleged involvement in a stabbing at a Mormon church dance.

The Sydney Morning Herald reported two witnesses clam Fainu, who can’t play for Manly due to the NRL’s no-fault stand down rule, was not responsible for the stabbing at a church dance.

In another development in the case, NSW Police will treat their own witnesses, who allegedly confessed to the stabbing before backflipping as “unfavourable”.

The 22-year-old Manly No.9, who has not played since 2019 has pleaded not guilty to wounding a person with intent to cause grievous bodily harm, affray and recklessly causing grievous bodily harm in company over the incident.

The alleged victim doesn’t know what happened to him,” Fainu’s lawyer, Paul McGirr told The Herald.

“There are two other defence witnesses that were not interviewed by police and I am confident that they will say it was not my client that was the perpetrator of this offence.”

Police witness Jona Faingaa was charged with affray for his role in the incident.

Faingaa, the younger brother of Manly forward Haumole Olakau’atu, allegedly told family and community members that he was responsible for the stabbing before changing his story.

The defence will call witnesses said to have heard the confession.

Prosecutors sought a section 38 order, that would give them leave to cross-examine Faingaa as an unfavourable witness.

“Basically they will treat one of their own witnesses as unfavourable, which is the bloke who has admitted to doing it,” McGirr said.

“Originally he met with family members and the community and said it was him. After the incident, he admitted to doing it, to dumping the knife and now he has backflipped.

Bearing in mind that he was allegedly owed a debt, that all made sense - he was the person who had a grievance with someone who was going to be at that location.

“He will be treated as an unfavourable witness by the Crown because it doesn’t suit their case theory. On top of the unfavourable witness, there are also issues with two other witnesses who weren’t interviewed.

So the police haven’t interviewed all the witnesses that he admitted to doing it to, and secondly there are two other witnesses who were present at the scene who also weren’t interviewed by police, who we envisage will be coming along to say it wasn’t our client who did the actual stabbing.

“It certainly gives weight that it wasn’t my client and based on those particular factors. Serious consideration is being made to take this particular information to the NRL. Through no fault of his own, [Fainu’s] trial is looking at [being heard] next August.”

Fainu’s manager, Mario Tartak called on the NRL to consider his client’s suspension under the no-fault stand down policy where players charged with an offence carrying a penalty of 11 years or more are automatically suspended.

“I’m hopeful the NRL considers the impact COVID has on the strain of the legal system,” Tartak said.

I'm posting this to refresh memories (even though it was previously posted in August last year)

Stood down Manly star Manase Fainu’s management will ask the NRL to reconsider his suspension after two witnesses came forward over his alleged involvement in a stabbing at a Mormon church dance.

The Sydney Morning Herald reported two witnesses clam Fainu, who can’t play for Manly due to the NRL’s no-fault stand down rule, was not responsible for the stabbing at a church dance.

In another development in the case, NSW Police will treat their own witnesses, who allegedly confessed to the stabbing before backflipping as “unfavourable”.

The 22-year-old Manly No.9, who has not played since 2019 has pleaded not guilty to wounding a person with intent to cause grievous bodily harm, affray and recklessly causing grievous bodily harm in company over the incident.

The alleged victim doesn’t know what happened to him,” Fainu’s lawyer, Paul McGirr told The Herald.

“There are two other defence witnesses that were not interviewed by police and I am confident that they will say it was not my client that was the perpetrator of this offence.”

Police witness Jona Faingaa was charged with affray for his role in the incident.

Faingaa, the younger brother of Manly forward Haumole Olakau’atu, allegedly told family and community members that he was responsible for the stabbing before changing his story.

The defence will call witnesses said to have heard the confession.

Prosecutors sought a section 38 order, that would give them leave to cross-examine Faingaa as an unfavourable witness.

“Basically they will treat one of their own witnesses as unfavourable, which is the bloke who has admitted to doing it,” McGirr said.

“Originally he met with family members and the community and said it was him. After the incident, he admitted to doing it, to dumping the knife and now he has backflipped.

Bearing in mind that he was allegedly owed a debt, that all made sense - he was the person who had a grievance with someone who was going to be at that location.

“He will be treated as an unfavourable witness by the Crown because it doesn’t suit their case theory. On top of the unfavourable witness, there are also issues with two other witnesses who weren’t interviewed.

So the police haven’t interviewed all the witnesses that he admitted to doing it to, and secondly there are two other witnesses who were present at the scene who also weren’t interviewed by police, who we envisage will be coming along to say it wasn’t our client who did the actual stabbing.

“It certainly gives weight that it wasn’t my client and based on those particular factors. Serious consideration is being made to take this particular information to the NRL. Through no fault of his own, [Fainu’s] trial is looking at [being heard] next August.”

Fainu’s manager, Mario Tartak called on the NRL to consider his client’s suspension under the no-fault stand down policy where players charged with an offence carrying a penalty of 11 years or more are automatically suspended.

“I’m hopeful the NRL considers the impact COVID has on the strain of the legal system,” Tartak said.

And what did the NRL say?

And what did the NRL say?

"Penalty Broncos"

I can't remember but wasn't the shoulder of Manase not right all of last year? Makes the delay slightly more palatable to endure, but to not take covid delays into consideration, etc, this has dragged on far too long. Especially when it's a rule made by a few guys in nrl hq.

They could change this rule in a millisecond (we all know how they love changing the rules of the game) and at the very least, they could change the parameters due to the excessive delays caused by covid.

It's actually been years since Manly has been unencumbered by some financial or legal constraint to our cap.

-The refusal for medical retirements (and subsequent allowing of such for players of other teams)
-The totally dodgy 'salary cap' breach - you know - the one where Manly didn't pay any player above what they claimed but somehow that was illegal, and
- The stand down rule exacerbated by covid.

The last piece we really need to become a premiership team really. The hooker debacle in these last 2 years is what's making us suffer from winning a comp. We've sacrificed and suffered from this incident.
Hooker and we need a hard, aggressive prop ,maybe two .

The last piece we really need to become a premiership team really. The hooker debacle in these last 2 years is what's making us suffer from winning a comp. We've sacrificed and suffered from this incident.
When the NRL high command consigned Brett to a hellhole for the best part of 2yrs, and then to be found not guilty after a huge personal and financial loss. To have this happen again with Manase, and with the evidence pointing more and more to a not guilty verdict. This really smacks of some sort of a conspiracy against our club.

The church dance thing should be a no-go zone, mostly they are bad news.

For example the hoodoogurus took her to the dance and then didn't see her all night. She was with some other boy, just outside.

Another example is the dance where Judy left with Johnny, holding her hand, and he was supposed to be mine. Later in the evening they walked through the door, and Judy was wearing his ring.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6