Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
False alarm, 25th of June is the Callover date based on that list. This is the final hearing before the case goes to trial. Its purpose is the set the date for the trial. I don’t think it’s likely it will get dismissed at the Callover although I’m no legal expert

False alarm, 25th of June is the Callover date based on that list. This is the final hearing before the case goes to trial. Its purpose is the set the date for the trial. I don’t think it’s likely it will get dismissed at the Callover although I’m no legal expert
Callover mention is just for the parties to reassure the Judge that they've done everything necessary to get ready for the trial, so there are no delays once it kicks off.

I know I probably shouldn’t read too much into an Instagram post, but he seems pretty confident that it’s just a matter of time until the case is sorted and he’s back. Also, a LOT of the squad including some of our more senior/reasonable players commented on that post. They must all think he’s innocent, and I assume they know more than us.
It’s not about knowing more...they are his friends and of course they are going to back him but unless they were at the event and witnessed it, they don’t know more than we do.

he is pleading not guilty and the case will run its course. As for players in the squad knowing one way or another, they only have a person’s word on that.

I believe a whole bunch of Q'Anon believers turned up believing it was all a conspiracy. But then realised it wasn't Trump's hearing and hung the judge.

His brief hearing was supposed to be today, anyone knows what happened?
Guaranteed it was held over until the current Covit issue is resolved. Jurors' unable to attend etc etc because they are in exclusion areas. Even the Eastern Suburbs Judge wont be there!
Have no idea what happened @manly for ever but it was listed to be in Parramatta court, so it quite possibly went ahead, and for brief mention usually to work out how long is needed for the trial.

Yes but in the real world of business and dont forget the NRL is a business many many people accused of crimes are either put on indefinate leave or sacked. Business that rely on sponsorship or outside money just cant afford to have a black mark against their name as well.

The way the no fault stand down was implemented was grossly mismanaged but the idea that someone who is accused of a serious crime can continue to play is wrong as well.

Lets not forget these players are still on full pay. These players put themselves in the position to be stood down. These playera made stupid decisions. These players possibly know who did it but continue to stay quiet for what ever stupid gang reasons.

I would guess that as a Manly supporter who would love a big company to come onboard as part owner or sponsor would rather a player who is accused of something stood down and distanced from my clubs name.

Say for instance Amazon wanted to buy into the NRL for marketing purposes. Say for instance the Australian business head was a huge Manly supporter and could possibly swing a really good deal to rename Brookvale Amazon stadium and buy a controlling interest. All looks great right. Now say MF is stull playing and is found guilty of the crime. Thats bad publicity which ever way you look at it.

Strange ... not once have I ever felt that URM was responsible for, approving of, or even slightly complicit in the organising of Church socials ... Although I have suspected that Lottoland has an interest in Pizza shops ...

Bloody balderdash ... any company with the size and whereforall to sponsor an NRL team has the smarts going in to know that controversy and bad behaviour by individuals comes with the territory ...

#living in the 60's..... come join me in 2021 in the woke world we currently live in. I know you might not like it but thats tough luck.

URM may very well be ok with the Stabby situation currently occuring given they are already on board in a sponsorship contract but if you think any big company would even consider getting on board as a sponsor while this **** is going on you're kidding yourself.

Do you really think a Pepsi or Toyota/blue chip would touch a club in controversy in 2021?

Our brand is still damaged from the Snake trial all those years ago and he was completly innocent. Go figure.

#living in the 60's..... come join me in 2021 in the woke world we currently live in. I know you might not like it but thats tough luck.

URM may very well be ok with the Stabby situation currently occuring given they are already on board in a sponsorship contract but if you think any big company would even consider getting on board as a sponsor while this **** is going on you're kidding yourself.

Do you really think a Pepsi or Toyota/blue chip would touch a club in controversy in 2021?

Our brand is still damaged from the Snake trial all those years ago and he was completly innocent. Go figure.
Off field incidents certainly have an effect but I think sometimes the impact can be overstated.

4 pines just took on naming rights for our ground (Carlton United huge brand) whilst this is going on.

Rugby League has endured sexual assualt cases, group sex controversies, players pooping in shoes, imitating drinking their own urine, domestic assaults, drug convictions, players imitating sex with dogs......a million other things I can't remember.

All terrible......all a blight on the game....and I dont condone a thing......but the brand endures.

As long as eyeballs are on the game sponsors will want to be involved.

As someone who has and still does look after large sponsorship/marketing budgets, it is not as simple as "woke" world.

There are a number of factors that come into play when reviewing sponsorship opportunities - not just what is public knowledge such as adverse publicity.

As an example in the past, I have sponsored some potentially "woke" entities as a reputable company just to get access to their email list.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6