Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Didn 't Manase have a sling on at the time of the alleged incident or was that just speculation . Not that that would influence matters relating to it in general but just an interesting or associated aspect . Maybe a good reverse scenario case to present like in Harrison Ford "s movie ' The Fugitive ' i . e the one armed man did" t do it .
Yes he was wearing a sling, and "apparently" scaled a chain-link fence to retrieve his knife.

Don't know how much defence the sling is going to offer.:oops:

I think you missed the point buddy. Irregardless of how many witnesses there are pointing the finger him; they are either telling the truth and he did it, or they are framing him. The point was "frame" as opposed to Bear's "mistaken identity" that I quoted.

That's fine, I usually miss the point but that rarely stops me!
So What Idk GIF by Adam Lambert

A poll will be pointless, and really who needs the extra speculation at this late stage of proceedings? We'll soon have a verdict of guilty or not guilty.
If you're that keen you can run a poll after the trial, because based on previous efforts here everyone will have an opinion about whether the court got it right.
(Even though they only heard snippets of the case through the Daily Tele or on Channel 9!)
Breaking News Media GIF by Katie Couric

Three options - yes, no, don't know :think:
Two options only for Manase. He will either be found guilty or innocent of the charges. If he is found innocent and his injury has healed satisfactorily, he should come back into the squad via Blacktown for the rest of the season. He then needs to get a full preseason under his belt, before coming back as our first choice nine for 2022. If he is found guilty, then thats the end of his playing career and time with the Sea Eagles, and he will probably spend 6-10 years in jail.

Its not up us to judge his innocence or guilt on these charges. They are very serious charges. I would be very careful about posting anything online that may be deemed as prejudicial or contemptuous.

Last edited:
Yes, I am aware that but I read there are 6 fingering him. "Mistaken identity" would be incredibly rare at such numbers one would think.
That 's all right , Manase can just refer to his list of brothers for counter witnesses to support his case . Problem solved , if only

I saw a post elsewhere from an alleged relative of Mase who declared that the guy who actually did it has allegedly confessed to the crime. No further details were offered other than to plead for supporters to lay off Mase and have faith in the system.
For the record, I didn't find your post particularly clever but I just wanted to test out Dan's new 'clever' rating. Works a treat!
(although personally I wouldn't have gone for the mortarboard as the symbol. I've known too many well-educated folks who are frankly a little on the simple side!)

Well there is this unusual thing called a "hung jury", haven't heard of one in my lifetime but hey, you never know :)
Yep thats right mate. Approximately a 5% chance of a hung jury for all criminal charges, and 3% for serious assault charges.

Last edited:
I saw a post elsewhere from an alleged relative of Mase who declared that the guy who actually did it has allegedly confessed to the crime. No further details were offered other than to plead for supporters to lay off Mase and have faith in the system.
Yes my daughter showed me that, told her to take like a grain of salt at this stage.
One would think if there was any substance to it they would be moving for dropping charges.

He then needs to get a full preseason under his belt, before coming back as our first choice nine for 2020.
Is there a tardis involved ? 2020 was shet he might make a difference.

Or is this a ploy to reduce his sentence and suspension by 2 years for 2022. @:p @:D

When I chatted to AFB at the gym about 6 weeks ago he told me the same story so there maybe some substance in it.

If they are innocent, its actually their names that have been brought into disrepute, on top of the massive discretionary cost imposed on them by the NRL through this no fault standown approach. Innocent until proven guilty has always been the benchmark.
Yes but in the real world of business and dont forget the NRL is a business many many people accused of crimes are either put on indefinate leave or sacked. Business that rely on sponsorship or outside money just cant afford to have a black mark against their name as well.

The way the no fault stand down was implemented was grossly mismanaged but the idea that someone who is accused of a serious crime can continue to play is wrong as well.

Lets not forget these players are still on full pay. These players put themselves in the position to be stood down. These playera made stupid decisions. These players possibly know who did it but continue to stay quiet for what ever stupid gang reasons.

I would guess that as a Manly supporter who would love a big company to come onboard as part owner or sponsor would rather a player who is accused of something stood down and distanced from my clubs name.

Say for instance Amazon wanted to buy into the NRL for marketing purposes. Say for instance the Australian business head was a huge Manly supporter and could possibly swing a really good deal to rename Brookvale Amazon stadium and buy a controlling interest. All looks great right. Now say MF is stull playing and is found guilty of the crime. Thats bad publicity which ever way you look at it.

I spoke to the CEO of one of our major sponsors last year. He also thinks we he will be found not guilty, but thought the charges would be dropped by now.

But I guess the club would say that to a major sponsor to keep the money involved.

The club would be very foolish to lie around knowledge and evidence to a sponsor, for if it was found they lied to the sponsor around details of the charges, I’m pretty sure the sponsor would pull all money very quickly.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8