Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The other issue is that Levi has been shown the door, so we now have no established hooker. Cust and Croker together have been shown inadequate to the task. So where are the hookers?

Des wouldn't want to pay big bucks for a replacement hooker if Fainu's case is dismissed. Maybe a rookie cheapie and that may happen anyway but that wont solve the hooking dilemma which haunted Manly last year...and that was with Levi. He wants a good stop gap in my opinion.

At this point there is no established hooker in the squad. Might be wrong but I cant see Des buying a top quality hooker, with the prospect of being overstaffed later this year. My hunch is Foran was brought in (for a year only) to cover for Fainu and support Cust. He's already alluded to this, though Des plays smoke and mirrors all the time so its only speculation. But that seems the most logical purpose for having Foran back. And who knows. If Schuster fails ( most unlikely I would think)or gets injured (more likely) we have a temporary replacement for 5/8

I think a full offseason training only at hooker could do Cust a world of difference.

Croker probably training as back up half & hooker but Cust specifically as hooker only could be Des' thinking.

Then Foran becomes #14 & back up hooker & 5/8th in the event of injury to Schuster or Cust.

Croker only comes into the 17 at #14 only if injury occurs to Schuster, Cust or Foran.

But Kevvie .... I thought you said coaching staffs are only needed by hack coaches and that Dessie did everything himself ...
Where did I post that? I see you have coveniently ignored the first part of the above post which refutes your accusation that I'm only disputing what you post and ignore everyone else who has a different view to my own. You do it all the time... it used to be annoying.

You are the ultimate flat tracker Woody my man. And I don't know about you, but I'd much rather be considered a numbnut than somebody who talks a big game with no nuts at all.

Not in my eyes along with the eyes of 150 players anonymously polled in 2019.(in fairness to Fainu that poll may or may not have taken in the whole season)

For a player that has an average passing game, average at best defensive qualities, showed no real kicking game, no leadership qualities, no energy to rush out of dummy half defensively or be one of the leaders in kick chases sometimes, fatigued big time when the intensity was up beat, this is not the attributes of a top 5 hooker.(even for his age and experience)

For the right price Fainu is a keeper, but he most certainly isn't a player worth keeping on the books for 2yrs in the hope he either comes through the court case ok or off the back of "future potential" that i think is well over exaggerated beyond belief.

Plenty of other positions to sure up to make us a premiership threat along with depth before we should worry about a classy dummy half to capitalize on these good foundations.

Many hookers in the competition are making a name for themselves off the back of the team performance not as a result of them being the reason of that up tick in performance---to me this suggests you are better off focusing on other areas and a classy hooker completes the equation.

Not saying a top line hooker is not necessary as they can make a big difference, more a case of getting our priorities "acquisitions/retention" right before worrying about a hooker.

So many hookers have come out of nowhere and did a good job in teams with a good playing roster, along with good playing rosters have adapted well to not having their starting hooker.
Serious?

He was lapping Api - basically everyone on here said that. Api was hampering our attack with poor service - Fainu started our attack.

He was that much more effective in attack than Api. Maybe a factor of rotation as well. But I remember watching every game going 'just get Fainu on', then he would come on and completely change momentum.

He is one of those players that has so much time with the ball. Not comparing him to these guys at all but theres some of those freak just real footy players ,i.e. your Johns / JT, that have that time with the ball where they just pick every right option. Cleary had it somewhat this year. His running game added a threat and he just perfectly timed his passes, created go forward through running e.g.

He comes back we move up minimum 4 teams in the ladder. His inclusion would still maybe make us scrape the 8. There is a huge difference between a first grade hooker and Danny Levi and Lachlan Croker, let alone a hooker that was a form one of the comp last year.

Bring in Tom and Dylan with fitness, we probably scrape the 4 (or fight for it).

Its concerning the lack of signings but still fully fit with luck we can beat anyone. We just need a couple of budget shrewd signings: 2. Saab 12. Garner 18. Backup Hooker (literally anyone proven in case the Cade / Foran experiment doesn't go well)

We don't need a prop - Paseka is ready to step up, so is Olakau'atu into a starting bench role and more minutes. Saddler deserves some game time. S.Fainu will probably be our starting prop in a couple years or so, may as well start thinking about him too. K Titmuss looks up to it physically.

Saab would be huge - added point of attack --> the air. Something we missed a lot this year.

Last edited:
You are the ultimate flat tracker Woody my man. And I don't know about you, but I'd much rather be considered a numbnut than somebody who talks a big game with no nuts at all.

At least my nuts were worn out from over usage ... as opposed to yours shrivelled up and wasted by neglect and hatred ...

At least my nuts were worn out from over usage ... as opposed to yours shrivelled up and wasted by neglect and hatred ...
oh-you-guys.jpg

Just seen this posted on Fainu's Instagram account. See attached
It says "the day you know you won" driving in a car with his manager and a big smile on his face. Maybe I'm reading way too much in to it or maybe just maybe it's a sign he may be about to be cleared. Maybe Manly knew all along hence the refusal to sign a hooker.
I know it's a lot of "maybe" but I'm optimistic

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201102-113320_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20201102-113320_Instagram.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 103
I think we'll see Foran at #14 next season, primarily to give Schuster a spell at 5/8th while still learning his craft & also as back up hooker, with Cust as starting hooker with Croker in the wings as back up 6, 7 or 9 depending on injuries.

I can't see Des jeopardising the club's ability to keep Schuster by starting Foran at #6, unless it's for a few games at the start of the season with Schuster at #14 just to ease him into becoming a starting 5/8th.
Or now Foran 6, Schuster centre thanks to Walker

It says "the day you know you won" driving in a car with his manager and a big smile on his face. Maybe I'm reading way too much in to it or maybe just maybe it's a sign he may be about to be cleared. Maybe Manly knew all along hence the refusal to sign a hooker.

Sweet Jesu I hope you are correct ... after Dylangate we need some good news ...

It certainly means something, it looks like his Manager posted it first?

I hope you're right mate!

Cant see it happening Harry. We have too many centre options in Suli, Parker, Funa, Harper, Burbo but no hooker options. Unless Des was to get a top line hooker, all we have until or if Fainu is released is Foran, Cust and Croker and quite frankly do you want Cust and Croker as hookers
True we actually have plenty of centres and that would test our depth in the spine from day one.

Parker safest choice but I'd probably prefer we stick with Harper or Funa. Schu and Foz 6/14 in whatever order at least for 2021, then by mid 2021 (depending on our form) or 2022 Schuster almost has to be starting

True we actually have plenty of centres and that would test our depth in the spine from day one.

Parker safest choice but I'd probably prefer we stick with Harper or Funa. Schu and Foz 6/14 in whatever order at least for 2021, then by mid 2021 (depending on our form) or 2022 Schuster almost has to be starting
True , We do have plenty of centres .
The real question is. How many strike centres do we have ?
Parker , Harper and Funa are not strike centres
The moral of the story feathered friend
In the NRL....... it's no strike and you wont make the finals

True , We do have plenty of centres .
The real question is. How many strike centres do we have ?
Parker , Harper and Funa are not strike centres
The moral of the story feathered friend
In the NRL....... it's no strike and you wont make the finals
Harper, Saab (if we get him) and Funa have potential to be strike imo. With the makeup of our squad we can't afford to pay overs for a back like JAC, we need to invest in players with potential like Saab and hope that they take off, same as Moses Suli. Tom Trbojevic, Schuster, Saab, Suli, Harper, Funa, Burbo, Hoppa.

It may be a risk these types of players but we don't really have any other choice for 2021 than to put faith in our youth. Will all of them will work out? Probably not. But look at Penrith this year, if some click anything is possible. Targetting Brent Naden isn't a bad option though because unlike established strike (eg. JAC, Staggs, AJ) he will still be a fraction of the price.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8