Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think you're talking this idea of Fainu having bad defence into your head. After reading that it sounds like he is a lazy slob that constantly gets ragdolled in the middle, letting in try after try and linebreak after linebreak. Our middle defence (and defence as a whole) was great last year. It was a lot better than every Trent Barrett/Api Koroisau year before it! Pretty sure Api missed the most tackles in our squad and perhaps even in the whole nrl in years like 2018?

Fainu is a playmaker that delivers crisp service, but importantly, in the right places as he has a good vision around the ruck and feel for the game. Api was off the field for 15 or so minutes last night and Penrith kept ticking on because they are a team filled with playmakers, so Api most of the time just needs to provide good attacking runs out of dummy half (his main strength) to target markers that aren't square and break down the ruck. Off the back of that the halves link the backline and players like Kikau.

He didn't work for us in the sense that we lack playmakers so whenever we hit form it was off offloads and jinking runs. That's great to watch, although is very inconsistent and fell apart in big games. We had no fallback except in 2017 when Green and DCE formed a relatively good partnership.

Fainu was outperforming Api significantly in 2019 with his vision, passing game and also his running game (which is so similar to Api's). Often when he wasn't on the field and Api was on for his stint we lost some sharpness in our attack. We had a choice of who to keep, and we kept the better dummy half. Api works at penrith as he doesn't have to worry about a lack of speed or a lack of playmakers. All api has to do is create momentum. If you put Fainu in the Panther's 9 jersey they'd be the same. They kept winning comfortably when api was injured mid-season. Fainu's stand-down stuffed us, that's all that's wrong with this choice
Ragdolling is going to happen often with smaller players in that position, my issue is laziness and hiding in the defensive line for breathers, rarely placing inside pressure at pace from dummy half and not pushing his forwards along in kick chasers.

Fainu never (well almost never before people get "techical" here) initiates contact in a tackle, doesn't chop down forwards, not the best in slowing down in the ruck either.

His passing is not crisp, no idea where you get that from, it is effective in the short range that is all.

Yes i'm sure his game will develop and all areas of his game will improve but my main gripe is he is being talked up way too much beyond his real value to the team at the moment.

Ragdolling is going to happen often with smaller players in that position, my issue is laziness and hiding in the defensive line for breathers, rarely placing inside pressure at pace from dummy half and not pushing his forwards along in kick chasers.

Fainu never (well almost never before people get "techical" here) initiates contact in a tackle, doesn't chop down forwards, not the best in slowing down in the ruck either.

His passing is not crisp, no idea where you get that from, it is effective in the short range that is all.

Yes i'm sure his game will develop and all areas of his game will improve but my main gripe is he is being talked up way too much beyond his real value to the team at the moment.
Fair enough having an opinion, agree to disagree

Bec
That is why Manly are where they are this year because 99.9% of you focus on youtube highlight reels and not the overall performance levels.

Fainu has potential but not worth waiting three years for, plus he keeps being in the news for all the wrong reasons more than once now---how much more patience does a club have to endure.
Because everyone here selects the squad? I wonder what technical coaches are at manly?

For once I actually disagree with you TC...one of my favourite posters. Sure his defence in non existent, but that’s to be expected. I’d definitely wait another year for the kid.
All good not fussed if people disagree, i just make comments on how i see it and people can take it how they like.

I've went against the grain often in relation to how people here rate Manly players and my track record is pretty damn good so far.(pats myself on the back to ease the pain of shyte i get here lol---what a tosser)

All good not fussed if people disagree, i just make comments on how i see it and people can take it how they like.

I've went against the grain often in relation to how people here rate Manly players and my track record is pretty damn good so far.(pats myself on the back to ease the pain of shyte i get here lol---what a tosser)
Don't look now TC but your insecurity is showing . . .

I may be biased, I went there for a school excursion, the bus driver drove us around the track, ****ing boring.... next excursion I went to see Macbeth at some theatre, I didn't mind that, especially the intermission.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4