Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
The team is performing so well, albeit against lower teams on the ladder lately, that I think Des is giving players time to be totally fit at the right end of the season and to bring them back when they are 100% fit, not just 80-90%.

I suggested (a few years ago) that Manly would win in 2021 and then at the beginning of this year it was WTF and that they wouldn’t win until 2023, even as lately as a month ago.

As Rex Mossop would say, “Let me recalcitrate (no such word) back to what I said previously”

I may need to revert to my original prediction.

Just listening to how the players speak says so much about the mentality of the team, the confidence they have in each other and the desire and awareness of potentially what lies ahead, without getting ahead of themselves.

They just seem so balanced now, maybe relaxed with each other and confident in each person doing their job and focused on each other.

I saw it with Turbo when he gave unfortunately a try that was disallowed to Burbo and then when Saab apologised for not giving his last try to Burbo. They are a team!

I listened to the Marty Tapau interview and just thought ‘wow’, yep, they are a team.

If we have minimal injuries, we are going to give this comp a big ‘shake up’ and other teams in the Top 4 will be very concerned.
People need to go back and watch the Kayo minis from 2019. This guy is an absolute gun and should come in if fit enough and mentally prepared enough to do so. Start him at 14 to begin with and ease him in. Who would have thought we’d be in this position after 4 rounds. We actually have depth!

That is terrible, no court case, not much evidence you have seen. You make a call like that? Seriously can't wait for you to F^&k up and be found guilty. Seriously were is your sense of due justice. If you make the same comment AFTER he is found guilty that is a different argument but before - SHUT UP!

Anyone have a scoop? Is the bloke done or surviving.
Just saw on facebook a guy saying “word going around he’s done”, usually word going around = silvertails rumour mill... so curious

If Fainu's matter is dismissed, you have to note he is in the 30 and therefore its intended that he be available to play. Therefore though Des will probably bring him along slowly, as is how Des operates, he'll definitely play him later this year at some stage in first grade. Its just that I dont think he'll start him as No 9, probably for the rest of the season, unless Croker is injured. He's got someone there who is doing the job satisfactorily and he wont want to disrupt the stability.

But I doubt that Des will to ignore the obvious talent of Fainu who at one stage was being considered for the SOO and the next big thing in hooking, as well as the fact that he is being paid a reasonable salary to perform, now that his injury is behind him, and he's apparently training with the squad. I would suggest he'll test him at 14 soon after his trial is over, with gradually increasing game time to see how he goes, if as I said, his matter is dismissed and he gets the OK from the NRL. This is a business not a charity and Fainu will be expected to pay the club back through his performance for the 2 years he's been out. His contract is also up, I believe at this end of this year, and Manly will be wanting to see if its worth continuing to finance this investment with a further contract.

Condemning a person that has not been proven guilty is not fair or logical
I don't think anyone is condemning Manase for the currently hypothetical results from his upcoming court case. None of us know how that will resolve. I hope he is found not guilty, and can continue his career with us. He has the potential to be one of our greatest ever nines.

In terms of his character Manase has behaved like a dickhead on numerous occasions. None of that dickhead behaviour will have any bearing on the results of the court case. I.E There is nothing admissable that will be given any consideration.

Regardless of the outcome of this case Manase is still a dickhead, and will need to consciously change his offfield behaviour, and who he spends time with, to avoid any more legal situations in the future.

If Fainu's matter is dismissed, you have to note he is in the 30 and therefore its intended that he be available to play. Therefore though Des will probably bring him along slowly, as is how Des operates, he'll definitely play him later this year at some stage in first grade. Its just that I dont think he'll start him as No 9, probably for the rest of the season, unless Croker is injured. He's got someone there who is doing the job satisfactorily and he wont want to disrupt the stability.

But I doubt that Des will to ignore the obvious talent of Fainu who at one stage was being considered for the SOO and the next big thing in hooking, as well as the fact that he is being paid a reasonable salary to perform, now that his injury is behind him, and he's apparently training with the squad. I would suggest he'll test him at 14 soon after his trial is over, with gradually increasing game time to see how he goes, if as I said, his matter is dismissed and he gets the OK from the NRL. This is a business not a charity and Fainu will be expected to pay the club back through his performance for the 2 years he's been out. His contract is also up, I believe at this end of this year, and Manly will be wanting to see if its worth continuing to finance this investment with a further contract.
His contract isn't up mate. Des extended him for another three years. The club see him as an asset not a d1ckhead.

The kid has the talent and skill to very quickly be the best dummy half in the game at present. I don't know enough about how he is physically nor mentally to add any considered comment about when he will be ready to return to the rigors of first grade. But I believe with him fit and at dummy half our attack will be elevated considerably sufficient for us to blow Melbourne off the park.

The club is very smart as Manese is a potential superstar and has other brothers likely the same. Latu especially, great family bonds won't be forgotten and this family could be similar to the Jake, Tom and Ben. All happy and playing for each other.

All Rise GIF by CBS

I couldn't fit him into our side right now. Croker is actually developing and going quite well out of hooker, starting to pass the ball off the ground more and take runs when needed. Didn't think that would happen or I would say that, but he has started to come along really well. Yes Fainu might have more raw natural talent in the area, but with so long out of the game and the shoulder injury I think if he is free to play in a month or two or whenever there is too much risk in bringing him back

Regardless of how ppl want to view the situation, which is probably best left till after his hearing....he comes from a great family and I will also say, they are all effected by this ongoing saga and extra add ons through media and the like....just maybe as Manly supporters, it would be a good time to support the Fainu family when most needed, rather than put the boot in like the scuzzy media baron's and with the case itself....maybe smarter to hear the outcome before throwing out negative opinions.

Last edited:

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12