Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Congratulations young bloke! Heard great things about him. Hopefully goes well, thanks Baz for giving him a crack. He and Api as our hooker rotation next year will be tops. Fainu will also get most of the rest of this season to show what he has got. Good luck.

Pfft. Obviously a typo (because I've heard Barrett never gives youth a go!)
As for the bench, an expression of respect for Parker but he is long odds to make the final cut.

Congratulations young bloke! Heard great things about him. Hopefully goes well, thanks Baz for giving him a crack. He and Api as our hooker rotation next year will be tops. Fainu will also get most of the rest of this season to show what he has got. Good luck.

If Fainu is in the 30 (not just a NRL clearance to play due to a mountain of injuries), he might get the chance to play out the season. Plays hooker in Api's absence, and then off the bench for the remaining games.

• 🤝
Reactions: R3
I'm surprised by that, ..... but good surprised. I was sure it'd be Brown / Wright again.

Tough baptism for the rookie - competition leaders at the WIN Wollongong graveyard and a team we have a shocking record against. Not an ideal match up for his first game, he's going to know he's hit first grade that's for sure.

Pfft. Obviously a typo (because I've heard Barrett never gives youth a go!)
As for the bench, an expression of respect for Parker but he is long odds to make the final cut.
He gives him a go because the genius decided to have one hooker in the top 30 and Brown and Wright are not hookers and haven’t got the job done when tried. It has nothing to do with giving youth a go. His hand was forced. That’s how changes come in this side.

Anyway if you are good enough you are old enough. Brailey was straight out of 20s and has kept Segyaru on the bench ever since.

Hope the young bloke kills it. Congratulations!!

Last edited:
It just goes to show how Mr. Barrett thinks of Lewi Poo by keeping Poo in reggies for another week. Well done Trent and good luck Manase

Supposedly Lord Poo Brown and Twenty Baskets had a bit of a blue over game time a month or so back.
Poo isn't getting field time for that indiscretion.

Twenty strikes me as the kind of manager who lets his players get to the point of being personal towards him, then brings out a stick.

Hear no evil Twenty...…….

Barrett only gives youth a chance when his hand is forced.
Yes he was forced with Fainu.
But was he forced to select Kelly last year?
What about Paseka?
Suli?
Parker, Croker, Gosiewski, Tanganoa, Lane...?
Barrett is still learning and has plenty of shortcomings - so there's no need to make up others! I'd say he has shown he is prepared to give younger players a shot.

Well finally some common sense action even if it was forced on Barrett. I recognise that with Api there, Fainu couldn't move up, a ridiculous situation which should never have happened at the beginning of the year. Same with John Wright for Anderson. Just dumb selection. But having Fainu available now is a big plus and hopefully this may instil a little more interest from the remainder of the team. Mind you someone is going to have to cover for Api's defence.

I have no problem with Parker on the bench. Have considered him a good cover for the forwards and backs for a long time instead of Brown. Matt Wright being there is a waste of a position though. I know this creates problems for Tom Wright to be given his chance but I can see the concerns about having two apparent backs there. Perrett or Sipley should have been in Matt Walker's spot. All I can suggest to Tom Wright is over the next two games play out of your skin in the Reggies. Force Barrett's hand because its obvious he has no confidence in you at present.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8