Manase Fainu - Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We all have faults and weaknesses

And we all have made mistakes and struggle with our own demons

We all can learn to be better people from our Amazing and Graceful humility

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now am found
Was blind, but now I see

Our club has always supported our players
Fantasyland Bozo. About 20 years ago I met the mother of a very high profile Manly star who had moved on to a different club. She said while they were playing well the club treated them great, but when they got hurt or lost form ... the love swiftly disappeared.
I'm sure all clubs are similar in that regard, pro sport is ruthless and support for players who aren't producing on the field will only be offered in a very calculating way.

Still would have been a bit of unknown how Manase 's shoulder would have held up as well [ even if he did get off ] after all of the complications he seemed to be experiencing in getting it better . Just seemed to be problem after problem in its recovery . No question that at his best , would have been a real asset with his unpredictability and ability in attack and all round play . Irrespective , Froggy has still been going O K there and again who really knows how much more trouble Manase 's shoulder issues might have affected him on any return .

Fantasyland Bozo. About 20 years ago I met the mother of a very high profile Manly star who had moved on to a different club. She said while they were playing well the club treated them great, but when they got hurt or lost form ... the love swiftly disappeared.
I'm sure all clubs are similar in that regard, pro sport is ruthless and support for players who aren't producing on the field will only be offered in a very calculating way.
Our perfect club unfortunately has imperfect people in it and at times people fail to live up to its benchmark of excellence and highest standards

One great example of how we look after our players is Fainu who was not even playing and our club stuck by him until his bitter end

This is classic manly. Once a player was out of favour, or manly was looking at a better player for the same position, then zorba would go to work.

Zorba would say that the out of favour player, who I’ll call “player x”, is attracting interest from England or other clubs. However player x in reality had heard of no such interest.

Soon Chippie or Dean Ritchie would write a snippet that player x is no longer in manly’s plans for next year. Poor old player x by this stage has heard nothing about this from the coach or management, it is all just media rumour.

This pattern repeated throughout about 30 years.

Our club has always supported our players .

Our players need to honor our club and its values and they will be in good stead
Yeah always have no doubt. Got no doubt current coaching staff, Mestrov and Des have contacted family in last 48 hours

Didn't realise that he was sentenced to 8 years gaol. The lower figure of four years three months was his NPP. Sentence dated from July 2022 and he will be due for parole consideration in October 2026. That's one heavy sentence. And unlike much smaller sentences, where parole is automatic, not so for a sentence of this size. Much will depend on his performance in gaol, behaviour, courses and reports from several quarters including custodial, parole, psychiatric etc. Not sure if NRL will agree to someone on parole being approved to play. He may be 32 before he could therefore be eligible.

History proved Jesus Christ the birth of Christianity had no armies or machetes and he was the prince of peace and the role model to follow which most of us Christian hypocrites fail to do .
Not sure about history proving anything but I hear what you're saying.

Our club has always supported our players .

Our players need to honor our club and its values and they will be in good stead
I'm not sure what the Manly club values are anymore. I'm a 50 plus year Manly supporter but I'm certainly not looking (or ever did) for any values guidance from anyone at the club. It's a footy club!! I just want the Club to be functional, to have players that are normal civil human beings and to love playing their footy for this club. That's all.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4