Manase Fainu - Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He must have some prior criminal history. Short of murder no one gets 8 years on a first offence.
Didn't they say the victim was very lucky to survive?
What a hard lesson he's going to learn over the next few years.
I hope Manly is taking care with our players that are close to him (and Manase's family, obviously).

He must have some prior criminal history. Short of murder no one gets 8 years on a first offence.
It does seem harsh , not that I would know.But when u consider he has been on ice for 3 yrs waiting for a hearing
If u listen to any talk back radio it’s full of judges letting people off for all sorts of heinous crimes
Anyway what f@&&g waste

Do you have any factual information behind that statement?

He got 8 years, non parole of 4 where the maximum sentence for grievous bodily harm is 25 years.

From the outside, the sentence seems light.

My question is that if he didn't commit the crime, why have his (supposed) mates left him take the fall for a crime one of his other mates commited? It just doesn't make sense.
If he didn't do it, then his so-called "mates" aren't his mates now, surely...

Oh i have a somebody who is a first offender and getting sentenced next week, the 8th. He was served almost 18 months as bail has been refused at every point since being arrested in June 2021.

He has been told to expect 7-10 years.

As i have discussed elsewhere on these boards, the cases are not all that different. And no, it was not murder.

Yeah, thought with this being a high profile case, and Des giving glowing praises for Fainu before the s....storm happened. Was thinking maybe 2.5 yrs with the usual parole discount factored in. If it was 2.5yrs he'd be about the 27yrs after doing his time. But it's 4.5 at the earliest, that put's him at about 29. Probably to late to have any thoughts of playing 1st's again. If it was 27 maybe a chance, if Fainu kept up his fitness regime in prison.

Yeah, thought with this being a high profile case, and Des giving glowing praises for Fainu before the s....storm happened. Was thinking maybe 2.5 yrs with the usual parole discount factored in. If it was 2.5yrs he'd be about the 27yrs after doing his time. But it's 4.5 at the earliest, that put's him at about 29. Probably to late to have any thoughts of playing 1st's again. If it was 27 maybe a chance, if Fainu kept up his fitness regime in prison.
Not confident the nrl would register a contract, or that any club would want to sign him, after a lengthy sentence.

This is a incident for every Nrl player abd emerging that they are not invincible. Massive waste of talent.
Don't hang around dickheads.
Let's hope his 2 talented brothers in our system are okay

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8