Manase Fainu - Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Damned shame. Got what I suspected, somewhere between 3-5 years. Dont think there's any way he'll come back from this as far as his football career is concerned. Hopefully he'll use the time away to develop another avenue for his future (legal of course). Not the end of the world for him, unless he allows it to be. But he'll need to do some serious rethinking.

All these religious players in gangs carrying weapons. WTF are they thinking.

Does it surprise you when we are so influenced by a country like the US that promotes weapon ownership yet maintains its a God Fearing land. One has to be God's soldiers to fight and protect our self righteous values.

Doesn't surprise me at all, but with this new technology, CCTV cams etc, what do they think is going to happen. It ends up in tears. Luckily for Fainu the victim didn't die.

His legal team has alraedy confirmed they will appeal the decision, however, how long that takes is another question.

My question is that if he didn't commit the crime, why have his (supposed) mates left him take the fall for a crime one of his other mates commited? It just doesn't make sense.

His legal team has alraedy confirmed they will appeal the decision, however, how long that takes is another question.

My question is that if he didn't commit the crime, why have his (supposed) mates left him take the fall for a crime one of his other mates commited? It just doesn't make sense.
The jails are full of guys who said they didn't do it.

On Friday, Judge Williams sentenced Fainu to eight years in jail with a non-parole period of four years and three months.

With time served, he will first be eligible for release in October 2026.

The ironical part about all of this is that the NRL stand down policy applies to crimes that have a possibility of a sentence of11 years or more.
He was never going to get 11 years, it would have to be murder or large scale drug trafficking to attract a sentence of 11 years or more, and even that is debatable sometimes.

The jails are full of guys who said they didn't do it.
I have a good friend who was a nurse at Silverwater, she said nearly every time she had to give medication to an inmate they started to tell her how it wasn't their fault and they were innocent, yeah right.

The ironical part about all of this is that the NRL stand down policy applies to crimes that have a possibility of a sentence of11 years or more.
He was never going to get 11 years, it would have to be murder or large scale drug trafficking to attract a sentence of 11 years or more, and even that is debatable sometimes.
see my reply to Kate at #213 above

Maybe you didnt live through the 80's when the Vietnamese gangs such as 5T were on the prowl. I saw a lot of it because I worked for some time i the Fairfield-Cabramatta region. Drugs, extortion, violence, weapons. A wild period. Then there were the Lebanese gangs of Lakemba-Bankstown in the 90s For a time the Vietnamese gangs were in confrontation with the Lebanese gangs. Then there were the bike gangs in the south west. Remember the Comanchero-Bandido battle in Milperra. There's even a growing African gang presence in Sydney and Melbourne. That recent gang land shooting in the Auburn fitness centre, resulted in cars being torched, one almost immediately outside of my block of units on the street. Welcome to gangland Budgie
The Badlands.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8