Manase Fainu - Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah if you've made a decision to bring the weapon with you to the scene then it's hard to say it was all just spur of the moment.
Agreed @SeaEagleRock8 Closer to premeditated attempted murder than wounding with intent IMO. Manase was extremely lucky not to be up for murder. Just remember what was reported in 2019. "Supreme Court Justice Stephen Rothman said the 24-year-old victim was “millimetres” away from being killed and said of the charges that “it’s as close to murder as you can get”. I think we need to focus more on the crime rather than finding excuses for the perpetrator.

Do we know when this guy gets sentenced ? The poor bugger has waited 3 odd years for his day in court and now the sentence is dragging on and he cant appeal before he knows the sentence .
For what it's worth, he's listed for sentencing at 2pm on 2nd Dec at Parramatta court.

There's nothing poor about him (other than his foolish decision) - the ones who are poor are the victim and the people who stood by him and were let down, including Des and Manly and all his family and friends.

There were a series of "moments of madness" and numerous "wrong moves" that led to this for Manase
I understand to what you are saying feathered friend

What I was trying to say is
The moment we start to stray the wrong way leads to tragic consequences

Life provides an never ending series of choices. Most of us improve our choices as we get older and more experienced. That however is not always the case and I have known those they have flushed their reputation and careers away later in life with one foolish decision. I expect he has been regretting his decision that night ever since. Whilst his footy career is done his life is not and I wish him well and hope he makes the right choices during the rest of his journey and he finds happiness. I find the attraction to the gangster persona curious and incredibility naïve. It never ends well for gangsters.

Life provides an never ending series of choices. Most of us improve our choices as we get older and more experienced. That however is not always the case and I have known those they have flushed their reputation and careers away later in life with one foolish decision. I expect he has been regretting his decision that night ever since. Whilst his footy career is done his life is not and I wish him well and hope he makes the right choices during the rest of his journey and he finds happiness. I find the attraction to the gangster persona curious and incredibility naïve. It never ends well for gangsters.
The good news is

We all have the opportunity to redeem our selves

As our Greatness is not how many times we fall as we have all fallen

But our ability to rise above adversity Like Eagles and redeem our selves

See the source image

If he gets 7yrs then he shouldn’t actually have been stood down by the nrl as I thought it was for offences warranting an 11yr plus sentence

It never ends well for gangsters.
'optimistic'
If he gets 7yrs then he shouldn’t actually have been stood down by the nrl as I thought it was for offences warranting an 11yr plus sentence
Not to defend the NRL's arbitrary cut-off line, but it is for players charged with offences that carry a maximum penalty of 11 - not what they ultimately get in court (which of course isn't known when they are charged, or even whether or not they are guilty). Manase's charge has a max of 25 years so the automatic standdown applied.

One thing that still intrigues me is .. what was the motive? ... stabbing someone because they asked you to leave a church social seems a tad of an over-reaction .... did it just seem like a good idea at the time?

One thing that still intrigues me is .. what was the motive? ... stabbing someone because they asked you to leave a church social seems a tad of an over-reaction .... did it just seem like a good idea at the time?
Gang-related @Woodsie It involved an attempted collection of money owed for goods supplied

Was there any suggestion that Manase was partly acting in self defence . Not to in any way down play the seriousness of his actions but thought there was some reference of a baseball bat with one of the other group . Obviously had no influence on the final verdict regardless . Gee i hate the frequent incidences of knife attacks in the recent decade or so in Australia . A knife attack in many cases can be simply fatal with the damage it can do . Certainly hard to control people choosing to carry knives around or using them in violent incidences but again just seems a terrible problem in society in general and some of the mindsets associated with them .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4