Manase Fainu - Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think there was a plan some years ago to divide the 11 zones in Regional NSW between the 10 NSW based clubs and the Raiders. If that was the case there would be an argument for Manly to get the Central Coast. I would much prefer that to Blacktown.
View attachment 21955
Looks like there was no M-W input into that plan. The Far West indeed.

Or maybe there was. Let’s face it, the club has not exactly pushed hard into the neighbouring North Shore or Central Coast areas. Leave that to smarter outfits like the Roosters.

Looks like there was no M-W input into that plan. The Far West indeed.

Or maybe there was. Let’s face it, the club has not exactly pushed hard into the neighbouring North Shore or Central Coast areas. Leave that to smarter outfits like the Roosters.

Of course we haven't......that would require a financial investment from our illustrious owners.

Do we know when this guy gets sentenced ? The poor bugger has waited 3 odd years for his day in court and now the sentence is dragging on and he cant appeal before he knows the sentence .
In another world he may have been to court ,sentenced ,paid his price to society and now be ready to play on with his 3rd chance at redemption. Given the light sentences regularly handed to serial criminals he may not have that long to serve ,maybe ?

Do we know when this guy gets sentenced ? The poor bugger has waited 3 odd years for his day in court and now the sentence is dragging on and he cant appeal before he knows the sentence .
In another world he may have been to court ,sentenced ,paid his price to society and now be ready to play on with his 3rd chance at redemption. Given the light sentences regularly handed to serial criminals he may not have that long to serve ,maybe ?
Do we even care anymore Highflier, we all got our hopes up during Fainu's court case, nearly 3yrs of frustration for all of his supporters to endure until he got the inevitable guilty verdict.

Do we even care anymore Highflier, we all got our hopes up during Fainu's court case, nearly 3yrs of frustration for all of his supporters to endure until he got the inevitable guilty verdict.
Yep, the most dissapointing thing was I expected some sort of substantial defence, given the insistence of being innocent but really was pretty weak.

It is interesting ... depending on the sentence and how much time he is deemed to already have served ... he may be out sooner than many expect ...

I wonder if any of our legal eagles can advise us whether any of the 3 year waiting period under almost house arrest conditions are taken into consideration as part of the time served?

But then he would have to have any contract approved by the NRL ... would suggest Lodge's lawyer.

Have a look at the Public defenders site, they have lists of cases to give you an idea of what may be comparable. I think Manase's offence was wound with intent.
Then you can come back and tell us what you predict. :)

Yeah just checked and it was Wounding with intent
Charge carries a standard non-parole period of 7 years. Judges can get around tht but it gives a pretty good idea of how serious the offence is considered.
I know its different countries and different cases and circumstances ,but when you think about the punishments handed out and the likes of what Lodge did and what Russell Packer did (repeatedly jumping on that guys head ) ,and one of the bikies involved in the death at the airport brawl a few years ago who is out, I dunno but if it is 7 yrs non parole seems a bit harsh (not trying to diminish what Fainu did) compared to those crimes and the damage wreaked.
Anyways probably not worth worrying about

Yeah just checked and it was Wounding with intent
Charge carries a standard non-parole period of 7 years. Judges can get around tht but it gives a pretty good idea of how serious the offence is considered.
He is 24 now and has not played for over three years. I guess with any sentence above 3 years it will end his career if it is not already finished.

What a waste of talent. He was better than Harry Grant at the same age. Could have been anything.

Also terrible luck for Des supporting him. Really left a huge hole in our side as we were expecting him to be the number one hooker so he was holding a salary cap spot and being paid from 2020 to 2022.

Terrible story. Terrible for him and terrible for the victim.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4