Mal Meninga

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Reports coming through he was evicted from a bar last night at 3am as the Qld camp were out celebrating Smith and Slaters birthday

Lol this **** just keeps rolling in !!

It said something about him trying to go behind the bar and serve himself so they flicked him lol

Will be interesting to see what the papers make of this one

Pfft the media will beat this up but fair dinkum, the boys out for a few beers and so what......did he assault anyone, no, and this is from a raging Blues supporter, bloody journos give is a break

Haha. NSW turn now. Come on Laurie outdo Mal and instagram yourself stealing a Manly ferry naked.

niccipops said:
Haha. NSW turn now. Come on Laurie outdo Mal and instagram yourself stealing a Manly ferry naked.

I think Laurie set the bar after the 89 Grand Final.

He (Mal) should get 18 weeks for the manscaping he's doing. In 1987 he had one eyebrow, now he has has two. Real men do not get less hairy as they age.

I remember when you used to be able to go out for a drink with the boys and get turfed from bars without it being a bug deal. This is why I rarely drink anymore and rarely go to the pub

WE should expect more from an Ex- Policeman. Poor form Mal. As someone who has worked in and managed pubs I can say anyone who goes behind the bar especially drunk should have the book thrown at them, It shows a lack of respect for the staff who have been serving you all night. Most likely he was cut off for being drunk and then decided to help himself then got kicked out.

Obv a clear cut case of theft!

Off to gaol, do not collect 8 wins in a row!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a nothing story and as usual the Daily Telegraph run it as their major back page sport story. It will however, be interesting to see if Mal is fined $100,000 like Brett was for being refused service. Then again, we all know the real reason the NRL fined Brett, and Mal 'I got nothing from Rugby League' Meninga didn't have some halfwit, dirty moll make disgusting false accusations against him.

manlyfan76 said:
WE should expect more from an Ex- Policeman. Poor form Mal. As someone who has worked in and managed pubs I can say anyone who goes behind the bar especially drunk should have the book thrown at them, It shows a lack of respect for the staff who have been serving you all night. Most likely he was cut off for being drunk and then decided to help himself then got kicked out.

Forgotten the rules from Liquer licencing but from memory its fairly tight in regards to this type of thing.

For those saying its a non event the place did the right thing or risk losing its licence.

I am only going off what is in the papers, as I have no other way to get information. But it has been reported he stepped behind the bar to get the attention of the staff to get served a beer, and then was kicked out.

If this is all that happened, then yes he was being a bit of wanker, and security would respond the same way in most bars.

But this is hardly news worthy, and is not comparable with the drink driving, vanadalisation and sexual assault claims which have happened recently.

If there is no more to the story than what is reported, it's a whole bunch of nothing.

Lol did I hear correctly there was a claim that Alfie Langer knocked Meninga backwards and that's why he ended up behind the line ?

Alife must have found some huge power post playing days or mal has gone extremely soft lol

Kiwi Eagle said:
Lol did I hear correctly there was a claim that Alfie Langer knocked Meninga backwards and that's why he ended up behind the line ?

Alife must have found some huge power post playing days or mal has gone extremely soft lol

Mal is build like a large block of flats 2 decades into retirement so I find that hard to believe. However, he could well have been more drunk than he's letting on bearing in mind the incident occurred at 1:30am.

Kiwi Eagle said:

surely Alfie would have got Mal by tripping him? Probably on a table in his undies.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2