M.Parcell

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Luckily apis been one of the best hookers this year, because last year parcell was miles ahead of him. I remember many people on this forum prefered parcell over api... but cant complain now as api is a beast

I preferred Parcell over Api. The only area that Api surpasses Parcell is in the heaviness of his tackling.

The difference between Parcell and Api was the same as the difference between Ballin and Monaghan. The team looked so much crisper in attack with Ballin on the park compared to Monaghan, and the same thing with Parcell when he came on.
Have to disagree there. Parcel had some speed but other than that api kills him in all other areas.

Even passing? Put down the crack pipe.
Passing ? Its a shame he cant play as well as Api because ......
At the end of the day Api is here at Manly to stay and Parcell is out of the NRL action far away
Keep dreaming feathered friend .

Have to disagree there. Parcel had some speed but other than that api kills him in all other areas.
Not in passing or missed tackles.

Regardless, Api improved out of sight this year so I'm pleased he is our nine.

Api's hard a*se defence goes a long way towards making up for any other deficiencies that hopefully can be improved in the off season.

Yep another off season of passing practice is needed, especially under fatigue as they miss more than they hit when he is tired. Need to hit the big boys on the chest consistently so they can get the confidence to run at full speed.

A Hooker, apart from some ball skills MUST have attitude ..... the desire to mentally and physically dominate the middle by force of character.

Melb forwards are too afraid of Cam**** not to be moving up on both sides of the ruck on every play.

Parcell may have had skills but he had minus 7 in the presence and attitude dept. When he played our ruck was a sea of apathy.

I hope his season in Pomland has given him some mongrel .... it was that which was lacking, not football ability.

It was only a brown eye gouge.
They were giving him cheek.
He saw an opening and went for it.
The coach told him to penetrate the defence.
It was just the old one hand tackle.
He was picking the man of the match

Perhaps some good will come out of his poking about.

He would have loved playing with Poo

i cant even believe people are putting parcell anywhere near the same class as api? Hooker is just not about passing. Its about playing in one of the toughest positions on the park, yeah he might miss a few but makes a hell of a lot of tackles, and the hard, one on one tackles around the ruck against opposition forwards. he also has good football instincts and knows when to run and when to pass - something parcell had no idea how to do, parcell would take off then just stop! Api is also a little mongrel in attack and defence and always is in there having a go, and really gets the opposition guessing when he starts running out of dummy half. Reckon he can keep improving as well, still on 21 or 22.

i cant even believe people are putting parcell anywhere near the same class as api? Hooker is just not about passing. Its about playing in one of the toughest positions on the park, yeah he might miss a few but makes a hell of a lot of tackles, and the hard, one on one tackles around the ruck against opposition forwards. he also has good football instincts and knows when to run and when to pass - something parcell had no idea how to do, parcell would take off then just stop! Api is also a little mongrel in attack and defence and always is in there having a go, and really gets the opposition guessing when he starts running out of dummy half. Reckon he can keep improving as well, still on 21 or 22.

Parcell just made the Super League Dream Team. And when we had both him and Api in the squad, even Barrett - who has a massive man crush on Api - was forced to drop Api to the bench because Parcell's form was better. I'm not saying he was perfect, but I do believe he was the better of the two. Api goes fine for us so I'm not really complaining, but all things being equal I think Parcell is the better hooker.

Last edited:
Parcell was, and probably still is, potential.

We bought Parcell a few years before he was ready for the NRL, but when he eventually comes back, he will be a gun.

yeah it makes me laugh/scratch my head/ etc Parcell was full of promises that were not even close to being realized at NRL level .... maybe in a year or two ... & good luck to him, but we have Api & young Fainu ... and I'm ver api with that

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8