M.Parcell

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Parcell is close to the most over rated player on these forums I've ever seen. Had potential to be a solid NRL hooker but didn't see much more than that in him

Keep waiting for this amazing running game from dummy half to surface but sadly it never came, may have been coaches instructions or a lack of confidence to try, I don't know, but we never saw it

It was an astute but also a big call for Manly to release Parcell but once Api was considered first choice hooker , there really was no other option then and API did vindicate this call with his outstanding and crucial performances last season . Parcell is still good and gifted enough to cut it at N R L level but obviously not at Manly . I think that he played some games previously in the half"s in the Queensland cup but at N R L level , he could really only be considered as a hooker . Still time for him and with the right opportunity for him to again play for an N R L club .

The Broncos didn't pick him up from QLD cup and the Sea eagles gave him an opportunity and let him go.

Nathan Peats and Peter Wallace, I know those guys, they are the ones who dont run the ball arent they! Yep thats them. Passing isnt the cameron smith type, but it is good enough. Granville is a hell of a lot worse than Api but he won a comp. What nonsense, Api cant win a comp, hang on 2014 won a comp! Api is the best hooker in NSW by a country mile and is good enough to win a comp easily, alot of teams would love to have Koroisau as their dummy half.

I didn't say Peats and Wallace are better than him, I was trying to point out that your comment that he is the best hooker from NSW is entirely irrelevant, because NSW don't have any elite hookers.

As I said, you'd need an utterly dominant forward pack like Souths had in 2014 to win a comp with Api in the 9. In hindsight, that's a bit rough, his defence is great.

Granville is a much better hooker than Api. Crazy comment to suggest otherwise.

Parcell is close to the most over rated player on these forums I've ever seen. Had potential to be a solid NRL hooker but didn't see much more than that in him

Keep waiting for this amazing running game from dummy half to surface but sadly it never came, may have been coaches instructions or a lack of confidence to try, I don't know, but we never saw it

I bet if he had've been born in Christchurch you would've given more than half a season to show his skills.

He is carving up in the super league. When horo left us he carved up over there

Yeah super league is a different level.

Not saying parcell isn't NRL material and he may have gone to another level playing over there, but it's a different comp.

I didn't say Peats and Wallace are better than him, I was trying to point out that your comment that he is the best hooker from NSW is entirely irrelevant, because NSW don't have any elite hookers.

As I said, you'd need an utterly dominant forward pack like Souths had in 2014 to win a comp with Api in the 9. In hindsight, that's a bit rough, his defence is great.

Granville is a much better hooker than Api. Crazy comment to suggest otherwise.
Api is a great hooker, cut the crap you need a dominant forward pack for Api to perform well. Every playmaker needs a dominant forward pack, every team needs a dominant forward pack to make the GF. If a player is good enough they play in Grand finals and win them. Api is good enough, and he isnt far behind Granville.

In December Segeyaro was contracted to the SL and the sharks had the Parcel option but were not interested and kept pursuing Sege yaro until a settlement was reached .
Put young Tom Turbo on the market at the end of December and watch clubs clear their salary cap decks to sign him .
I watch SL on fox and it is NSW cup level as far as I am concerned .
Players that are past it in the NRL go there to retire . This explains it . LOL
I would rather have Api and the new gun in our NYC grand final side any day IMO

Josh Hodgson was a Super League hooker and came close to winning the Dally M last year.

I think Parcell would make a decent NRL hooker and wish him all the best. Having said that, Koroisau improved massively this year and the possibility of him and Fainu in our 17 next year looks very promising so I can't disagree with the club's decision on this one.

I bet if he had've been born in Christchurch you would've given more than half a season to show his skills.

Never said he was **** mate, just that the talk of what he would deliver to the side never looked close to materialising at all, and I thought we always looked better with Api at 9. He could run fast but never took the opportunity to run with the ball

Speaking of Chch born hookers, we should sign Matt McIllwick ;)

I must be Matt Murdock because I keep seeing calls to replace Api! What a joke... wow. He is the best hooker in NSW, had an amazing season, what more is needed? Plus he is perfect our forward pack, sniffing around offloads from our big men, darting off on the back of quick play the balls. Smart little short passing and kicking games. Hits like a truck at around 85kg.
Very few are calling for him to be replaced. And although I am a fan of Api now, as he has completely improved from last season where he lacked ball-skills and energy, I still reckon Parcell could compete with him well. Will be happy with Api for a long while although Parcell is a major upgrade of Brown, could've kept him but that's in the past now. Manly are on the up now

Fainu is being talked about for the bench, and he is a very impressive young player

Another off season of passing training and the same improvement from 16-17 and Api will be a good all round hooker. Just hope he keeps improving and hasn't peaked.

Api is a great hooker, cut the crap you need a dominant forward pack for Api to perform well. Every playmaker needs a dominant forward pack, every team needs a dominant forward pack to make the GF. If a player is good enough they play in Grand finals and win them. Api is good enough, and he isnt far behind Granville.

Quite a backtrack, earlier you said Granville is quite a lot worse, and now Api isn't far behind him.

His passing game is my biggest concern, it's a major KPI for a hooker. His ticker and defence can't be questioned.

Quite a backtrack, earlier you said Granville is quite a lot worse, and now Api isn't far behind him.

His passing game is my biggest concern, it's a major KPI for a hooker. His ticker and defence can't be questioned.
Granvilles passing is worse than Apis, thats the department I was talking there. His passing game is fine, 1 or 2 bad passes a game so what.

Granvilles passing is worse than Apis, thats the department I was talking there. His passing game is fine, 1 or 2 bad passes a game so what.

It's not one or two bad passes a game. None of his passes are crisp, they're floaty things. So while they mightn't technically be "bad" passes, they're not good passes. Blind Freddy can see that his passing game is in the bottom 3 or 4 hookers in the game.

Josh Hodgson was a Super League hooker and came close to winning the Dally M last year.

I think Parcell would make a decent NRL hooker and wish him all the best. Having said that, Koroisau improved massively this year and the possibility of him and Fainu in our 17 next year looks very promising so I can't disagree with the club's decision on this one.
Just to make everyone feel confident about Manase Fainu,he is being mentored by John Hopoate.Shouldnt be any issues there

and the real truth is somewhere in the middle.

Api v Parcell

Api has had how many seasons of FG experience? played in a GF win by Default. is as hard as nails. great defence. Can't really pass that well especially from the ground. has a big ticker. is probably right now as good as he can get....

Parcell is a kid with little or no FG NRL experence. he needs to grow. he needs confidence. has the scope to progress into something really special.

Right now our team needed an Api but with players gaining experience we could sure do with a Parcell in a few seasons.