Lyall Gorman

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don’t worry it’s almost next week, and once next week arrives it will either happen or will be next week.

I don’t really know what you are all peeved about , Zorba’s “ next week” covers all contingencies.

Just goes to show Peters gets his gos from DT, SMH, Lurker and Zero just like the rest of us.
Nor does he know how many Manly juniors have played for Australia.

He thinks it’s 19. To the best of my knowledge, with Tom T it will be 24. That includes Steve Knight whilst at Wests; doesn’t include Rex because he didn’t play any junior league whilst growing up in the district; nor does it include John Harvey, who represented, but didn’t take the field, in his one and only test as a reserve forward.

I’m really stoked that I have driven up a couple of mountains in order not to miss out on the news that we’ve signed Jack Gosiewski. Especially because it was announced a couple of weeks ago and it’s the type of news you want to go out of your way to hear twice. It has inspired me to buy two memberships. After all it’s not often that a club signs the same player twice in the one fortnight.

The issue with the way Manly is run concerns job description...a CEO at Manly is really a mouth piece for Penn and not much more. It's Penn's money, he is a businessman and he does things his way (which is fair enough)...the problem arises when the CEO is asked to run the place, only for Penn to still have final say on top of the "Head of Football" needing to be stroked as well.

It's a recipe for disaster really. I love Bozo and I know that most (if not all) of the good things that happen in a football sense are related to his work. He really has done a great job to help rebuild after the wheels fell off when the senior playing group got upset and Toovey had to walk the plank. I just hope that he lets our next CEO run the "off the field" stuff without too much pushing and shoving.

The club have to find a way to tailor the CEO position in such a way as it doesn't affect the way the football staff do things. Our CEO should focus on being a strong voice in the media, work on sponsorship and $$$ from revenue and game day etc. and leave the football stuff to Fulton and Barrett. Oh, and don't sack one of Fulton's relatives...seriously dumb move that is!

Seems to be a general trend these days and in recent times to appoint previous non league or not notable league playing business or corporate types to these club C E O roles . With such influential figures such as Fulton and Gould also having considerable input into their respective clubs and as football directors or whatever , of course there certainly would seem to be some fairly clear or distinctive individual roles or activities delineated or set down to allow or enable the best results . Certainly a far cry and contrast to the days and era "s of club administrators like Bull frog Moore and Biscuits Frank Stanton and Co .

Seems to be a general trend these days and in recent times to appoint previous non league or not notable league playing business or corporate types to these club C E O roles . With such influential figures such as Fulton and Gould also having considerable input into their respective clubs and as football directors or whatever , of course there certainly would seem to be some fairly clear or distinctive individual roles or activities delineated or set down to allow or enable the best results . Certainly a far cry and contrast to the days and era "s of club administrators like Bull frog Moore and Biscuits Frank Stanton and Co .

To be fair the job today is largely about “ team management “ ( and I don’t mean the football team ) and the sponsorship / financial side of the business.

Back in Biscuits day the money just rolled in from the Leagues club and that’s all they needed.

And as for “ team management “, listen boy “ it’s my way or the ****ing highway and if you don’t like that you can **** off”, would have been the only team rev up needed.

Tony Mestrov has withdrawn from the race to become Manly’s CEO
DEAN RITCHIE, The Daily Telegraph
October 16, 2017 5:37pm

FORMER Sea Eagles forward and businessman Tony Mestrov has withdrawn from the race to become Manly’s new chief executive.

Mestrov was a leading candidate to replace Tim Cleary but will now remain as chief operating officer at the Gold Coast Titans.

The top job at Brookvale has remained empty since May with an announcement expected in the next week or two.

Cronulla CEO Lyall Gorman remains hot favourite and would be a sound choice.

Manly’s owners are not looking at any internal candidates as the club’s front office struggled to cope without a CEO for the past six months.

Sea Eagles chairman and co-owner Scott Penn wouldn’t be drawn on any names when questioned, but did say: “We are endeavouring to wrap it up by the end of the month.

“We appreciate the patience of the key candidates.

“The process has taken longer than we would have liked but it is important we get it right.”

Gorman is known to be close to Penn.

Manly’s efficient football office has kept the club humming along this year.

Seeing as this is straight from Zorba's mouthpiece we can probably take it as gospel that Gorman has the gig if he wants it.

Last edited:
When he was at the Wanderers there were times as a member I would email him, sometimes even mundane s**t and he would respond within a day or two and never and automated or template response.
I've met him before as well and comes across as a genuinely nice guy, do I have doubts he will fit in here

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8