• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Garts said:
I bet if he was not off contract and negotiating with other clubs the knives would not be as sharp. He is definately better than Mauro and co.
Really good point garts
I also think he promised so
Much in that rd 24 game last year and hasn't really recaptured that yet.
Hope he does

Fluffy said:
Garts said:
I bet if he was not off contract and negotiating with other clubs the knives would not be as sharp. He is definately better than Mauro and co.

Id have Vic before Lussick right now, Vic rarely spills the pill or gives away a penalty, lussick you can put the house on it every game.

I agree with fluffy here. Yes, he has the potential but right now he is not playing that well. I don't get why so much knock Vic. He hardly does anything wrong and is a solid performer.

Yes he may not have the talent of sum, but i am happy with him in the squad doing what needs to be done.

MadMarcus said:
Frank said:
Calling and hoping for one of our own players to be suspended - that's low.

Is it low to hope he stays out of form while he is negotiating his new contract in the hope that his asking price will drop so we will be able to afford to keep him....?

That's a tough one. I'd have to say no as your heart is in the right place!

Fluffy said:
Garts said:

Id have Vic before Lussick right now, Vic rarely spills the pill or gives away a penalty, lussick you can put the house on it every game.

I like Mauro, he is your no nonsense forward that everyone needs. But Lussick has more impact, just needs to control the errors.

Too many errors at crucial times in the games lately, reminds me of a backrower who goes through stages of this at times.

Eagle, give yourself an uppercut for bagging the cougar, AND premiership winning plugugly Mark Bryant in one post.

bryant = vic: no nonsense, no mistakes, just yards and tackles.

the cougar is, well, the cougar. When we had nothing but northern eagles leftovers, the cougar put in week in week out.

Bryant dropped more ball that kings cross
So did the Cougar and neither had the skillset
of Choc

The only reason i dont bitch about Choc is he is
a very useful player and his one mistake/penalty
a game doesnt outdo his good work

Bryant was very solid and much better than Mauro. Seeing Mauro in the 13 makes me think has there ever been a worse number 13 (maybe willo) in the club? Compare it to Kosef, Vautin, Stewart, OJ Cunningham (even Cliffy in the early days) raised the bar high.
Williamson was always a plodder and seems his current team, the 20's are copping hidings every week.

The Eagle said:
Bryant dropped more ball that kings cross
So did the Cougar and neither had the skillset
of Choc

What a load of ****, Bryant was a very reliable no-nonsense footballer who did his job and that was to cart the ball upfield which he did effectively. The cougar was not as talented as Ballin but he plugged the centre of the ruck pretty well and I remember a few games when he was out injured we leaked points through the middle. Both gave 100% and new their limitations. Another one who was a good toiler was Glenn Hall. 3 players who did their job, and their mistake rate wasn't as bad as you portray it.

Darren said:
Bryant was very solid and much better than Mauro. Seeing Mauro in the 13 makes me think has there ever been a worse number 13 (maybe willo) in the club? Compare it to Kosef, Vautin, Stewart, OJ Cunningham (even Cliffy in the early days) raised the bar high.
Williamson was always a plodder and seems his current team, the 20's are copping hidings every week.

Mauro isn't a 13, he is a front rower/back rower who does a bloody good job and never lets us down

Darren said:
Hall's last year with us had many saying, one year wonder.

Would also suggest that many either had no idea and/or lacked counting ability

Mauro is a plodder at best. If you think he's up to nrl level you're dreaming. Him and Skinner offer very little and one of the reasons we are near the bottom of the table.

Go and watch the Grand Final again, if you have that DVD, not sure you would enjoy watching them go well though

Mauro had a great game on the biggest day of the year and thoroughly deserved his spot on the park. If you think he isn't up to NRL level after watching that performance it might be time for another sport to assess Darren

You can't say he has stood out this year. Looking at his stats this year he has made an average of 20 tackles per game which is impressive but his metres is only 51 so that's a problem (average 7 metres per hit up)

Darren said:
You can't say he has stood out this year. Looking at his stats this year he has made an average of 20 tackles per game which is impressive but his metres is only 51 so that's a problem (average 7 metres per hit up)

Much better than King at a similar stage of his career.

He isn't paid to be a gamebreaking superstar off the bench, he is there to fill a role and I think he does that reasonably well. His instructions wouldn't be any more than to go on, make his tackles and make a few hit ups

Darren said:

If you are not a superstar you are sh!t in Darren's eyes. Mauro is definitely no star (far from it) but he is obviously up to NRL standard Dazza, the premiership ring he has says so. He definitely is not a starting 13 player but at the moment we need him to be due to injuries. Would he make the 17 at other clubs? I am sure at some he would and others he would not. But to say he is not up to NRL level is just stupid.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4