Lussick let rip at Barrett before taking Toronto lifeline

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Agree - he was ready to put in a big year last year and then got injured in one of the trials, and after that never in first grade. Would bring aggression and a bit of Manly passion.

Now that moron Barrett is gone.

Des. bring back Darcy!!

Good onya ...... you must have a short memory ...

Darcy blew up publicly at Dessie for not selecting him to play in the 2011 GF ..... then spat the dummy and signed with Parra ..... Just like he blew up at Barrett for not selecting him in FG after being out for a long time injured ......

I doubt he would be on Dessies xmas card list ......

Darcy blew up publicly at Dessie for not selecting him to play in the 2011 GF ..... then spat the dummy and signed with Parra ..... Just like he blew up at Barrett for not selecting him in FG after being out for a long time injured ......

Mauro got the nod over Lussick from memory?

Is that right? I remember Des gave Darcy his GF ring by ways of apologizing, and thought they were OK. The Parra deal was all about $$$ and with input from Darcy's father. Don't recall bad blood vs Des there, but correct me if I am wrong on this.

Is that right? I remember Des gave Darcy his GF ring by ways of apologizing, and thought they were OK. The Parra deal was all about $$$ and with input from Darcy's father. Don't recall bad blood vs Des there, but correct me if I am wrong on this.

Agree .... I don't truly believe that Des harbours grudges .... he is a pro .... I was simply responding to the notion that Lussick would suddenly run back to Manly because of Des .... simply pointing out that a similiar thing happened ......

Thanks Woodsie. I agree, but also think Darcy is hard-core Manly and probably doing it tough in Toronto (maybe not!).

Des returning certainly opens up some interesting possibilities.

Thanks Woodsie. I agree, but also think Darcy is hard-core Manly and probably doing it tough in Toronto (maybe not!).

Des returning certainly opens up some interesting possibilities.

I started a thread before last season in which I predicted that the player who would/could have the biggest impact on our year was Darcy .... I got howled down for it ... but I believed his passion more than made up for his occassional brain fart .....

If he came back on a reasonable contract I wouldn't complain ...

he was very good in 2017. got injured, then in 2018 was not put in first grade.

imo, he would go great under Des and be cheap. we could use his aggression as well

Better than some of our lazy Islanders.

He was very good in 2017.....for the 4 weeks after his mothers death. Then he got injured.

Darcy showed in that month that he could have been one of the best props in the NRL if his energies were focused in the right direction. Unfortunately, 1 month out of 8 years in the NRL is nowhere near a good enough return.

My memory is fine, not sure about yours.

Lussick was suspended for 3 matches in 2011 after the " Storm " match in 2011. That ended for the GF. Des made the hard decision to not select him as he had not played for almost a month. While disappointed, I don't recall Lussick blowing up in public at Des.

Lussick played for Manly in 2012, so how was that spitting the dummy? Des was gone in 2012 - do you remember that??

Lussick signed with Parra on BIG $$ for the 2013 season. You may recall, or not that Manly had some salary cap issues that also affected some guy called Glen Stewart.

He was very good in 2017.....for the 4 weeks after his mothers death. Then he got injured.

Darcy showed in that month that he could have been one of the best props in the NRL if his energies were focused in the right direction. Unfortunately, 1 month out of 8 years in the NRL is nowhere near a good enough return.
I believe it was the second half of 2016 where he really lifted after his mother's death. Was injured early in 2017 and then was in and out until the last few games of the year where he memorably shook the Panthers' forward pack with his controlled aggression. Then 2018 was a write off.

Lussick was suspended for 3 matches in 2011 after the " Storm " match in 2011. That ended for the GF. Des made the hard decision to not select him as he had not played for almost a month. While disappointed, I don't recall Lussick blowing up in public at Des.

The blow up was common knowledge and in all the papers ..... the reason why dessie didn't select him is irrelevant ..... the pedulant dummy spit was ....

Your post hinted that the poblem was Barrett ... I simply pointed out that Darcy had similiar form with Dessie ...

Can’t recall Lussick blowing up about missing the 2011 side. Sounds like a fib to me to make out Lussick’s Barrett criticisms are a slight on Lussick rather than Barrett.

Pffft, Lussick couldn't even lift the wolfpack into superleague. Another year of tier two for them!

Can’t recall Lussick blowing up about missing the 2011 side. Sounds like a fib to me to make out Lussick’s Barrett criticisms are a slight on Lussick rather than Barrett.

Fake news. It's everywhere, even @ Silvertails.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6