• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I can’t say I’m over enthusiastic of this potential signing at the same time I don’t know enough about Garner. Obviously someone has wraps on him, we have been chasing him for a couple years.
I don’t really see why he would leave a club in a starting roll to come into our team at best on the bench.
He is good hole-runner, a good defender and seems to be resilient Ben. A starting SRF spot opens up if Jake becomes a part of the prop rotation and Shoo moves to 13. Who knows what Des plans to do with anything?

He is good hole-runner, a good defender and seems to be resilient Ben. A starting SRF spot opens up if Jake becomes a part of the prop rotation and Shoo moves to 13. Who knows what Des plans to do with anything?

This definitely makes sense if Jake dose move to prop and Shoe to lock. We then will have ball players right across the field. I guess this is what makes this signing interesting 🤔

I completely get this scenario (if it happens) i.e Jake into prop rotation. Assuming that is an option we will have Jake, Paseka, Aloiai, Keppie, Sipley, Sironen, Saddler, Tuitavake (in order of preference and also predicated on Sironen stepping up as a middle forward option). No doubt that Schuster could handle the lock role plus we potentially have Sironen, Lawton, Garner & Keppie to cover that as well. For this to happen we unfortunately (pragmatically) have to lose Taupau and Davey to make this a reality. That provides the coin to upgrade some players listed above (Saddler, Tuitavake) and sign Garner. My only question is whether Garner is worth doing that for?

I can’t say I’m over enthusiastic of this potential signing at the same time I don’t know enough about Garner. Obviously someone has wraps on him, we have been chasing him for a couple years.
I don’t really see why he would leave a club in a starting roll to come into our team at best on the bench.
Maybe he would prefer a starting bagel??

So are we thinking release Taupau, Jake to prop rotation and Garner to backrow?
I can't see how we could get Garner any other way. I am definitely not sold on the concept if this is what we have to do to get him. Releasing Taupau, losing Davey, moving Jake into prop rotation, moving Schuster to lock, re-signing Sironen (assuming he steps up as a middle) is a lot to get one backrower into the seventeen.

So are we thinking release Taupau, Jake to prop rotation and Garner to backrow?
I am uncertain with Garner, he has had a fair run in first grade and has been in and out of the Tigers team.

I hope the club target two edge backrowers with a bit of size, that are 20 - 23 years of age, that have shown high potential through the junior ranks.

I don’t think the club can offer Marty what he is worth for 2023, if he gets a gig elsewhere it’s logical to move Jake up to the frontrow.

People asking would Garner come here to play on the bench or stay at Tigers and be a starter. Maybe he would rather play for a team with his mates that is a genuine chance of winning a premiership and prove himself to be a starter here aswell! Or he could stay at Tigers and be a starter but never make the semis and never really be a powerhouse.

Last edited:
Just think that Schuster and Oloka - atu are the best 2 nd row options for the immediate future . Really can not see any advantage playing Josh as a 13 , less opportunity to bust the line in a more crowded defensive line , more demanding work load in defense , wide of the ruck much more effective to utilize his good mobility and use his smart ball skills . Garner is quite a good all round player [ think that he actually played at centre for a while in the Manly juniors ]but would in all likelihood be a bench option with Manly at full strength . Then there is Burbo who should still get better , Lawton , even Suli who may be still considered as a back row occasional option, Davey . Still some conjecture with Siro staying around . Think that there was more appeal for Garner at Manly at the end of last season then now.

I can't see how we could get Garner any other way. I am definitely not sold on the concept if this is what we have to do to get him. Releasing Taupau, losing Davey, moving Jake into prop rotation, moving Schuster to lock, re-signing Sironen (assuming he steps up as a middle) is a lot to get one backrower into the seventeen.
Sorry S66 is it fact we are losing Davey ,I haven’t seen anything re that and also when we were going like busted’s earlier on he was one of the few shining lights
A toiler who is reasonably cheap , you need a few of them in a team

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6