• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Rumoured we are chasing Garner. Wasn't this rumour around last year that we were gonna swap Siro for Garner? I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen. Not sure what this means for Davey who has been rumoured to be free to leave.
With Schuster, Olakau-atu and Garner we would be well served. Add the fact that Keppie and Lawton can also cover backrow and then we also have Burbo coming through. Does this spell the end of Siro and Gosiewski?
With the Fainu situation dragging another year we should also be hanging onto Cust!

Rumoured we are chasing Garner. Wasn't this rumour around last year that we were gonna swap Siro for Garner? I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen. Not sure what this means for Davey who has been rumoured to be free to leave.
With Schuster, Olakau-atu and Garner we would be well served. Add the fact that Keppie and Lawton can also cover backrow and then we also have Burbo coming through. Does this spell the end of Siro and Gosiewski?
With the Fainu situation dragging another year we should also be hanging onto Cust!
It definitely was the rumour last year. Is there a source behind the recent chat?

Obviously you need depth but where does he fit in this side given it’s very rare to carry a second rower on the bench?Is he happy to play second fiddle(injuries aside of course)at Manly when he’s a regular starter at the Tigers,unless they’ve told him to look elsewhere
Rare to carry a secendrower on the bench?????

Huh?

Standard bench is two props, a backrower and a utility

Obviously you need depth but where does he fit in this side given it’s very rare to carry a second rower on the bench?Is he happy to play second fiddle(injuries aside of course)at Manly when he’s a regular starter at the Tigers,unless they’ve told him to look elsewhere

Exactly ... the plot thickens ... why would he, surely the money for a backup contract to play reggies is not what he would be chasing at this point of his career ... unless Dessie sees him as a future starter ...

Space in our 30 if Gozie and Sirro go.

We were light in the backrow this year and it showed when injuries hit.

If both go we need another edge
I agree with all of that mate but I doubt he will come here to be backup, as he won't be in our best 17... and he won't be cheap enough anyway.

I agree with all of that mate but I doubt he will come here to be backup, as he won't be in our best 17... and he won't be cheap enough anyway.
Well yeah thats the rub.

But who knows, maybe Tigers have told him he wont be offered another deal, maybe he fancies himself of outsing our bench crew.

Whether it happens or not I'd have no idea but if we can swing it as a backup edge I'd be happy enough

It's always healthy to have players competing for spots. I personally feel it's a good move. Garner is a gun and as we all know injuries can happen at anytime. If the rumours are true, then des is doing due diligence and obviously is foreshadowing for such an event. With manase out for another year that leaves us with Croker and Lawton on the bench covering nine. If foran goes down, the schu moves to 6 and garner slots straight in. Very pro active in my opinion and a bit of smart recruitment.Better yet, Garner still has a year left at the Tigers, so may get him cheaper.. maybe.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6