• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sorry S66 is it fact we are losing Davey ,I haven’t seen anything re that and also when we were going like busted’s earlier on he was one of the few shining lights
A toiler who is reasonably cheap , you need a few of them in a team
I really like Davey. It was devastating to see him in the shed after his injury. He had worked so hard for so long to get that slot. In a perfect world he stays with us. NRL contract land is far from a perfect world though, and the club might not take up the second year option with him. As far as I am aware @Highflier there is no club confirmation on this, and further to that I can't find any confirmation on the club option for his second year. Foran's club option was obviously taken up, plus it was also clearly visible on the Manly contracted players list. Thats not the case for Davey. Until we get confirmation from the club its all hypothetical.

People asking would Garner come here to play on the bench or stay at Tigers and be a starter. Maybe he would rather play for a team with his mates that is a genuine chance of winning a premiership and prove himself to be a starter here aswell! Or he could stay at Tigers and be a starter but never make the semis and never really be a powerhouse.
Sure he could....would you?

I can't understand this Schuster to the middle idea that so many are keen on.

His best work is on an edge creating overlaps and line breaks.

He is not a prop type lock in the mould of Jake, De Belin, Carrigan, Finucane nor is he the high energy quick play the ball type like Murray or Radley.

I certainly dont want to stunt his creativity making 40-50 tackles a game.

He is best served where he is now playing that extra ball playing role ala Glenn Stewart and Glenn despite having the 13 on his back played on an edge. (Right as opposed to Schusters left)

Last edited:
Sure he could....would you?
Absolutely I would. You only have a short career. Id imagine the money would still be similar anyway so Id definitely be chasing success and backing myself for a starting spot. Obviously money is a factor but id definitely be taking a but less and have a chance at a premiership. Its why Storm are so successful, they get a lot of these type of players who are chasing success and sick of playing in a pooh team.

He is not a prop type lock in the mould of Jake, De Belin, Carrigan, Finucane nor is he the high energy quick play the ball type like Murray or Radley.

He is best served where he is now playing that extra ball playing role ala Glenn Stewart and Glenn despite having the 13 on his back played on an edge. (Right as opposed to Schusters left)
Good point feathered friend . To me he is the best 5/8 in the game

100% no question, the edge is his zone. His skills would be significantly negated in the middle third. He's a ball player - not a grunt.

That's why he probably won't end up here though...he could stay at the Tigers, play 80mins each week or come to Manly and alternate between Blacktown and FG when injuries permit...easy decision.

It's rare to see a starting player leave for another club to play backup.
He won’t be back-up for long. He’ll be running great lines off Shoe and Tommy.

legend has it that he was named Big Bird because he had a Big Bird
I remember Fat telling a story about Wally carrying on about big bird in the sheds, think it was when they played in the exhibition one day cricket match, fat said wally come rushing out yelling quick you have to come in and see this, big birds in the shower. Fat‘s a classic at a good story, he was up Wal about his amazement and carry on at the size of it, was very funny.

I remember Fat telling a story about Wally carrying on about big bird in the sheds, think it was when they played in the exhibition one day cricket match, fat said wally come rushing out yelling quick you have to come in and see this, big birds in the shower. Fat‘s a classic at a good story, he was up Wal about his amazement and carry on at the size of it, was very funny.
Or the girls who came up to him in the nightclub and asked him if he was all in proportion

He said that if he was he would be ten foot tall

Did you hear the one when he was a the urinal?
Some guy standing next to him said is your girlfriend’s name “Wendy” ?
JG: what do you mean?
Urinal guy: well my girlfrinds name is Wendy so I got her name tattooed onto my penis.
JG: o k man!
Urinal guy: well I couldn’t help but notice JG that you have “ Wendy “ tattooed on your penis
JG: o no man … that not “ WENDY”
That “ WEloome to barbados have a Nice DaY

just sayin’

An oldie but a goodie.

I remember in 1977/78 when I was down in Adelaide for business for two weeks and both the West Indies and Australian players we’re staying in the same hotel. The West Indies players were all staying on my floor and there was bloody Calypso music blaring from 7am..

I was working with Freddy (Doug Walters) at the time and caught up with him in the hotel bar with a girl I’d picked up and met Joel. Joel caught the same elevator as we returned to my room and made the comment “You do know I’m bigger than him?”.

I always wondered afterwards what she was thinking.

I met the windies when I was 10 at the studio when they were recording the 2 all beef patties special sauce pickles onions all on a sesame seed bun ad. It was awesome and they were great blokes. All seemed about 10 feet tall.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7