Luke Garner

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ellakasmar

Reserve Grader
Rumours circling that we might be getting Luke Garner back to the club...

I’d be keen! Obviously would love to see Guaca but maybe bringing him onto the bench full time in Waddell’s old role, whilst Garner who has a lot more first grade experience can start in Thommo’s old spot.

Thoughts?

He's been playing pretty well for Tigers. Playing right edge which is Siro's slot, so maybe looking for a replacement for Thommo's edge ?? Not sure where that leaves Guaca, do they see him as a middle forward ?

I like Luke Garner. Never knew he played for Manly in the 20's.
He could almost replace Sirro.

Luke garner would be a good signing.. been dropping his name for a while now. Plays tough. Also get verrills here give him cut of afb money and promise him the starting position. Two juniors back at the club will help build team passion. The manly of old. Heard sometime ago verrills still loves the club

Last edited:
Luke garner would be a good signing.. been dropping his name for a while now. Plays tough. Also get verrills here give him cut of afb money and promise him the starting position. Two juniors back at the club will help build team passion. The manly of old. Heard sometime ago verrills still loves the club
What for we have jetski and Guac.. we need a frickin 9 and a winger. Now a prop as well it seems....

What for we have jetski and Guac.. we need a frickin 9 and a winger. Now a prop as well it seems....
Last time I checked verrills is a nine? I'm going to assume the saab and garrick deal is a goer. I would like another winger but realistically will have funa, harper possibly hoppa in contention for that spot. For whatever reasons, olakautu isn't getting a run so doubt he will be starting next year, maybe off the bench as an impact backrower. We've used both jetski and waddell consistently this year so probably not a bad idea to get another backrower for cover. Paseka to start, so won't need a star prop

Garner is quality. Much better than Waddell, better than gosiewski, more experienced than haumole and means guaca doesn't have pressure on him for next year. Guaca can come off the bench and learn the ropes, garner is a first grader and a great hole runner. big fan of the move.

Des has shown some reflection of his mistakes at Canterbury lately. Even though it took injuries to get there he has now put a lot of faith in the young guys (except olakautau) and has constantly said that they're the future of the team. He has let go of liabilities in Waddell and Garrick. He has handled the AFB situation really well which prevents the media from sniffing around and creating all sorts of drama and storylines to damage the teams reputation (for signing other players).

Also he is seeking a young, good quality (and outside the box) signing in Luke Garner (I reckon bench, lock or depth), as well as identifying the issue of our backline (outdated winger stocks) to try bring in Saab and work some magic on his playing ability over the off season. He is looking to balance our squad and modernise it.

Once fully fit for the start of next season and with a few nice signings like this we will have a side mixed in youth, stars and experience to have a good run at the title. I just hope Harper, Schuster and Funa have solidified their spots in the starting 17 and hope Olakautau gets the number 11 jersey locked in by rd 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Des has shown some reflection of his mistakes at Canterbury lately. Even though it took injuries to get there he has now put a lot of faith in the young guys (except olakautau) and has constantly said that they're the future of the team. He has let go of liabilities in Waddell and Garrick. He has handled the AFB situation really well which prevents the media from sniffing around and creating all sorts of drama and storylines to damage the teams reputation (for signing other players).

Also he is seeking a young, good quality (and outside the box) signing in Luke Garner (I reckon bench, lock or depth), as well as identifying the issue of our backline (outdated winger stocks) to try bring in Saab and work some magic on his playing ability over the off season. He is looking to balance our squad and modernise it.

Once fully fit for the start of next season and with a few nice signings like this we will have a side mixed in youth, stars and experience to have a good run at the title. I just hope Harper, Schuster and Funa have solidified their spots in the starting 17 and hope Olakautau gets the number 11 jersey locked in by rd 1.
Nice Post man. Agree with all of that.

[/QUOTdes is sexy

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4