Looking to next year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NYEagle

Bencher
I've written off Manly for 2010. I'll watch them every week from now on (I would expect two more weeks), but I have no expectations. They will be first round fodder.

It's not because Manly does not have the ability to go all the way, they do, even with the current squad with the injuries. I just think, all in all, there are too many forces working against us to go anywhere.

(1) Referees
As long as we have this squad, it will always be tougher to win games. There is no point mentioning the instances, we all know. The referees are looking for ways to deny Manly opportunities and under that climate its like an extra player in the opposition team.

(2) Fullback
Farrar and Robbo are not fullbacks. All year Manly have let in tries while on the attack in the opposition 30. I've had enough of it, I can't watch this stuff any more. 14-6 and the ball in their hands in the opposition 30 and they give away an eight point try. Enough said.

(3) Kicking game
Earlier this year I marvelled at Manlys kicking, now I'm disgusted. Absolutely pathetic. I think Manly get about 2 repeat sets a game.

(4) Belief
Other than Lyon and Matai, the team has little belief. It's so evident watching them the way they slump the shoulders whenever the game goes against them. I think all the players leaving and the battle with the referees that have taken their toll. I don't think this team really wants to play together any more.

Thats about it. The emotion is out of me, Anything more than one week in the finals will be gravy. If any of you guys still believe Manly can win this year, please reply and let me know how.

NYEagle

We'll make the finals, which is more than anyone expected.

We've been given an absolute rorting by the refs, repeatedly. No one can honestly deny that.

The boys are giving it a good solid go & getting stuck in hard, performing well despite the lack of experience in the skill positions.

Everyone that is having a whinge about the team needs to pull their collective heads in. We have one of the better squads in the league & have a good mixture of experienced players & young blokes. All of the older players aren't signed to deals that will keep them playing on longer than they should.

Seriously lads, stop having a bloody cry every time we get done. It's gonna happen.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6