Long Serving Player Allowance at Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
I read lately that panthers were recieving a long serving player allowance for luke lewis. It said it was $200K, but i thought it is supposed to be $100k.

From what i have read a player will recieve a salary cap exemption of $100K for players who have played NRL continously for 10yrs. This got me thinking how many, if any, Manly players should be entitled to this allowance.

Based on some research (feel free to correct me):
Kingy and Joe should already be entitled to the allownace
Kitey and Rose and choc should be entitled next year.

Does this mean Manly should recieve a $100k exemption for each of these player next season. Could mean we can keep any (or all) of these guys on the cheaper side of salary cap for seasons to come. Espically the guys who bleed marron and White.

Again feel free to correct me if im wrong.

Eagles2nv said:
I read lately that panthers were recieving a long serving player allowance for luke lewis. It said it was $200K, but i thought it is supposed to be $100k.

From what i have read a player will recieve a salary cap exemption of $100K for players who have played NRL continously for 10yrs. This got me thinking how many, if any, Manly players should be entitled to this allowance.

Does this mean Manly should recieve a $100k exemption for each of these player next season. Could mean we can keep any (or all) of these guys on the cheaper side of salary cap for seasons to come. Espically the guys who bleed marron and White.

I'm pretty sure the amount is the total for the club, not each individual player and also sure it has to be at the one club continuously.

My question is this is it 10 years from when they debut for the first grade squad or 10 years from when they debut for the club?

Eagles2nv said:

It was raised to $200,000 in the last couple of years.

It is available for players with 8 years continuous service in the top 25 (and will include NYC for future considerations) in the one club. Lewis was the only members of the Panthers squad that qualified so the entire amount was offset on his contract value.

It has a $200,000 limit no matter the number of players that qualify, therefore we do not see the club suddenly enjoy and additional $1mil+ next year for Choc, Snake, King, Gifty, Matai and Kite.

Should be 10% reduction each year after 5 years per player....i.e. after 6 years its only 90% 7 years 80% and so on. Doesnt mean a lot at the start but if you have 5 players there over 5 years it means alot of dollars.

If you had 5 players on $300K at year 6 its a $15ok reduction...year 3 it would be a $300K...keep them for 10 years and you only have to allocate half their salary to the cap. Frees up plenty of cap room for juniors, that is what's needed, being able to keep your juniors.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2