Lol @ refs + nrl

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Bunker officials Steve Clark and Ben Galea have been dropped after incorrectly awarding a try to Cronulla forward Jack Williams in the Sharks' 28-24 defeat of St George Illawarra on Saturday night.

Dragons fullback Matt Dufty revealed that he had tried to challenge the decision on the field after insisting he had grounded the ball first, while coach McGregor blasted the call after the match.

McGregor called for accountability after replays appeared to show Dufty had got his hand under that of Williams as they scrambled for a Shaun Johnson grubber that ricocheted off St George Illawarra prop Blake Lawrie.

NRL head of football Graham Annesely responded swiftly by announcing that Jared Maxwell and Bryan Norrie would replace Clark and Galea at Sunday's Titans-Panthers match.

“The bunker decision to award a try to Jack Williams in tonight’s Sharks-Dragons game was incorrect. Steve Clark and Ben Galea were due to officiate again tomorrow in the Titans-Panthers game as bunker officials," Annesley said.

"They have now been relegated, and will be replaced by Jared Maxwell and Brian Norrie.”

The Fox jizzfest over Annersley being on the front foot, and handling the tough calls week in-week out , has to be the biggest load of shiit I’ve heard. He listens each week, admits they fuucked up , and it’s brushed under the carpet.
But the biggest wank was replacing the two muppets tonight with Horsehead. What does that say about officialdoom in the NRL, when you deem Horsehead to be one of your Mr Fix-its. It’s unbelievable.
And Mal Meninga, you couldn’t have pissed in Annersleys pocket anymore if you had tried. You’re just as hypocritical, and political as Greenberg was.

When we came back from the break I noticed that the video ref was taking much less time to review decisions and they started putting on a voice of confidence. I suspect there was some sort of edict from the top to reduce the time taken on a review and back their judgments. This worked for a while but now we are seeing the side effects. If we are gonna use the video ref then why bother rushing them into making mistakes. Once play has already stopped may as well take the time to get it right. If the need to rush is so great then bin the video ref altogether.

but but but ..... they don't have the numbers to drop anyone- we're told regarding Manly.

The decision process needs to be made public. Too many mistakes. We should all get to hear what exactly they are saying so we can pinpoint where they continually screw it up. For one, it'd answer the corrupt v incompetent question. Secondly...we may actually get decisions that are correct.

So the dragons one was a huge mistake but just silence on goseski's try being overturned without clear evidence?

Over the years I also get tired of Manly being the last club to get screwed over before the nrl fix things. It seems the line is "Ok, now that's happened to Manly, we've determined it is wrong so now it can't happen to say.... parra, the storm, or the roosters."

Also, as I think @EagleGT said in another thread - Three Nth Qld players charged for misconduct against Manly players this week, and not one of them was picked up by the refs.

fmd - I just had a look at the highlights and if the bunker gets the same footage we do.... then they not only should they be replaced...but they should be fired. Criminal.

Last edited:
The standard of refereeing is diabolical. I cannot understand how the bunker can get it wrong. Are their eyes painted on.
The standard of on-field refereeing is quite good considering all the things they have to observe, all the orders they have to bark (surrender, dominant etc), all the new rules they have to adjudicate, player names they have to remember (fair dinkum, these must take weeks to learn. Reverting to calling the players by the numbers on their back would ease a lot of their homework).
The linesmen need to lift their involvement. They should be ruling on forward passes.
The Bunker should be blown up. It has not only proved to be a massive failure but a drain on finances.

The standard of on-field refereeing is quite good considering all the things they have to observe, all the orders they have to bark (surrender, dominant etc), all the new rules they have to adjudicate, player names they have to remember (fair dinkum, these must take weeks to learn. Reverting to calling the players by the numbers on their back would ease a lot of their homework).
The linesmen need to lift their involvement. They should be ruling on forward passes.
The Bunker should be blown up. It has not only proved to be a massive failure but a drain on finances.
Calling the players by their names was meant to improve on field communication between refs and players. I'd love to know how the players feel about this. If it was me it would actually grate on my nerves. I'd be thinking, "Who is this douche trying to pretend to be my friend." They're not meant to be mates. I wish they'd stop trying to manage games and just blow the whistle when the rules are breached.

If the ref is going to say wait...wait...break, why have a scrum at all, it's pointless.

Except for taking 14 blokes out of the way of set scoring plays, which we have seen a real increase of this year, with scrums being moved around the field and stacked attacking edges.

Except for taking 14 blokes out of the way of set scoring plays, which we have seen a real increase of this year, with scrums being moved around the field and stacked attacking edges.
Have them stand on the sideline or in a big circle while someone taps the ball. Making them form an actual scrum is just a complete joke.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4