[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Thank you.

I kinda enjoy watching the tenuous links between any story ..then Manly.

And it's nice to still see zero tackle missing the irony of having zero in their name.

Here's an article about Parra's woes but Foz leaving Manly 'broke the club' eight years ago.

It's like reading about DCE's 'backflip' when a chunk of players have since done it.

Anyway - the point to take outta all this is, Parra's not having everything their own way. woohoo

People have very short memories.

Foran new he was not signing with Manly as he was going to Parra with Choc.
Yet he screwed Manly with false promises and Manly made a decision, withdrew their offer to DCE in order to pay what Foran said he wanted.
If Foran had any decency he would have stopped it then and allowed Manly to sign DCE at the original offer, since he was leaving.

He will never be forgiven over that crap. He only came back to Manly as he was getting paid a high TTP from the rich Manly grandmother supporter.
As soon as that TPP was over, as she passed away, he left again to the highest bidder.

Good riddance.

At least Choc had the balls to call out his issues with Manly publicly and leave publicly.
They need to re-watch that game that was investigated for a betting scam, particularly forans performance. Was late in the season just before Foran left for Parra.

They need to re-watch that game that was investigated for a betting scam, particularly forans performance. Was late in the season just before Foran left for Parra.

During this time it was well known that alleged Foran had large issues with gambling, alcohol and hookers. It is certainly possible, however as much as I despise what Foran did to Manly, I won't say he threw a match - that is a very serious accusation.

Foran's blatant lying to Manly forced Manly’s hand and they got desperate to get DCE to flip on his Titans deal - after all DCE never wanted to leave.
This cost Manly close to 400k extra per year for life. That is an additional person in the salary cap.

One only needs to rematch the game vs Canberra in Albury.

I was there live, and it was pretty obvious who was trying, and more importantly, who wasn't.

During this time it was well known that alleged Foran had large issues with gambling, alcohol and hookers. It is certainly possible, however as much as I despise what Foran did to Manly, I won't say he threw a match - that is a very serious accusation.

Foran's blatant lying to Manly forced Manly’s hand and they got desperate to get DCE to flip on his Titans deal - after all DCE never wanted to leave.
This cost Manly close to 400k extra per year for life. That is an additional person in the salary cap.

The delay in indicating his intentions is the only issue I have about his decision to accept the Parra contract. His personal life is his business. We cant read his mind and know what he was really thinking, even though we all know his life was somewhat chaotic at that time.

Not to totally dismiss past circumstances but really could not fault Foz 's second stint at Manly . Playing wise and attitude wise . Seemed to give his heart and soul from what i noticed and provided so much needed direction and structure , And to everyone "s [ well mainly Manly supporters] uncertain expectations , his body held up pretty well for the 2 seasons . on some modest money in hindsight as well . Could not really blame him or Manly with him moving on again . Arko actually had him earmarked as a future Manly captain in his early i st grade stages , shame that did not work out entirely but still has a premiership to show for his i st Manly stint . Was always going to be hard to keep both Foz and D C E from about 2015 or so ., Penn or the club was apparently prepared to keep both on a combined 1, 7 mil or so but when other offers went passed that [ or slightly ] for both and other issues , made it tough then . Then Foz "s horror run with injuries when he first left so how can you really pick it .

DCE certainly did well out of it. No doubt he owes Foz a few beers. Or a house.

DCE certainly did well out of it. No doubt he owes Foz a few beers. Or a house.

Easy to forget that Foran signed a 4 year contract with the Eels in 2015 for $1.2 million a season. Though it fell apart for a number of reasons, the money was there and he later signed a healthy 3 year contract with the Bulldogs. Foran was potentially as well off as DCE

Clubs are at least as mercenary, probably more so. I'm sure most players are decent people, also most club officials ... but no doubt some are arseholes.
Jerk Youre Mean GIF by CBC
I think the managers are more often than not the mercenaries, I'm not sure the players are at all times aware of some of what they do supposedly on their behalf, most of these managers have their own interests by way of commissions at heart than those of the players

Not to totally dismiss past circumstances but really could not fault Foz 's second stint at Manly . Playing wise and attitude wise . Seemed to give his heart and soul from what i noticed and provided so much needed direction and structure , And to everyone "s [ well mainly Manly supporters] uncertain expectations , his body held up pretty well for the 2 seasons . on some modest money in hindsight as well . Could not really blame him or Manly with him moving on again . Arko actually had him earmarked as a future Manly captain in his early i st grade stages , shame that did not work out entirely but still has a premiership to show for his i st Manly stint . Was always going to be hard to keep both Foz and D C E from about 2015 or so ., Penn or the club was apparently prepared to keep both on a combined 1, 7 mil or so but when other offers went passed that [ or slightly ] for both and other issues , made it tough then . Then Foz "s horror run with injuries when he first left so how can you really pick it .
He was much more settled off the field second time here. Early 20s are a rough time for a lot of people. Seems like he'd figured out the type of person he wanted to be by the time he made it back to Manly.

People have very short memories.

Foran new he was not signing with Manly as he was going to Parra with Choc.
Yet he screwed Manly with false promises and Manly made a decision, withdrew their offer to DCE in order to pay what Foran said he wanted.
If Foran had any decency he would have stopped it then and allowed Manly to sign DCE at the original offer, since he was leaving.

He will never be forgiven over that crap. He only came back to Manly as he was getting paid a high TTP from the rich Manly grandmother supporter.
As soon as that TPP was over, as she passed away, he left again to the highest bidder.

Good riddance.

At least Choc had the balls to call out his issues with Manly publicly and leave publicly.
I agree. It was immature and spiteful of Foz to do that. That said, I also give him some latitude for growing and learning from it. He’s been through a lot and seems to have found some peace within himself

I agree. It was immature and spiteful of Foz to do that. That said, I also give him some latitude for growing and learning from it. He’s been through a lot and seems to have found some peace within himself

Well said HK. We all have demons we have to deal with in life. If we grow up enough we learn to can come to accept them and in some way deal with them. Some grow further into bitterness and self delusion. Some learn from their mistakes Gee its lucky I'm so perfect though (snicker snicker)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4