[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
His assertion that the named top players knocked back the money to stay for the jersey is also a debatable point ... if Nev Nobody is on $75k and is offered $175k else where .. he would be off like a brides nightie .... but if a top player on $1mil is offered $1.2mil else where ... he can afford to say no ... and which team is best placed to win a premiership will always be a factor.

Except when it comes to the Roosters, strange how players are willing to stay or move there for several hundred thousands a season less than what other clubs offer.

I know that Arthurson , when asked what player he would most want to play for Manly back in the 80s, he immediately said without further consideration, Ray Price.
I remember that interview. It was actually in an off-season RLW edition in 1979, after the totally unnecessary raid on Western Suburbs.

Arthurson was just turning 50.

A thing that Rothfield also neglects is that Moses is a Tigers junior ( who probably wanted to stay but the Tigers put their eggs in the Brooks basket).
Maybe he wants to go back to finish off there but will make the Tigers pay extra for the privelege.
Moses is actually a whinging worms junior. He is typical of the modern player, all about money and Parra should call his bluff!

Yeah, all the way to the try line in the 82 and 83 grand finals unfortunately!

Yeh, unfortunately, and somewhat rarely mind you, they had a brilliant side back then. We had virtually two first grade sides in the two top grades and still couldnt beat them. Bah humbug. Cant allow that to happen again. Since then they have been definitely Doesntmatta

Except when it comes to the Roosters, strange how players are willing to stay or move there for several hundred thousands a season less than what other clubs offer.

That's the bit about the chance of winning a premiership ... Manly was in the same position in the glory days ... blokes like Menzies often knocked back more money ..

Thanks for nothing Foran. U lying pos.
Really? After 196 games for Manly, in which as a smallish bloke he continually put his body on the line, he doesn't deserve that.

If you read that article anyway the whole point is the club stuffed up by having both champion halves off contract at the same time. Foran obviously wasn't happy with something at Manly at the time, but he's come back so wipe the slate clean I say.

In some ways I feel sorry for the clubs. The players are very mercenary, and possibly arseholes.
Clubs are at least as mercenary, probably more so. I'm sure most players are decent people, also most club officials ... but no doubt some are arseholes.
Jerk Youre Mean GIF by CBC

You don't blame the players for looking for the best deal they can get. That's why I never blamed Foran for leaving, though he could have declared his move before DCE was forced out and Manly had to pay extras to get him back. But players have a limited life in the game. The salaries they earn rarely come again after they retire so they need to look after their interests. Its up to the clubs to show common sense in how they recruit and re sign.

Really? After 196 games for Manly, in which as a smallish bloke he continually put his body on the line, he doesn't deserve that.

If you read that article anyway the whole point is the club stuffed up by having both champion halves off contract at the same time. Foran obviously wasn't happy with something at Manly at the time, but he's come back so wipe the slate clean I say.
I think Foran wasn't a fan of the coach at the time, it appears quite a few players had the same feeling.

I don’t blame players for leaving.
If I was good enough to make the NRL I would want to play for Manly but if the offer was $500,000 a season or elsewhere for $750,000 over the same time period I’d be gone.
You only have a few years to make the coin.

He played his heart out for us mate.
Always.
Just remember it was MWSE managerial incompetence that created the situation in the first place. That plus the clash of egos between Hasler and Penn was the real cause of Manlys implosion.

People have very short memories.

Foran new he was not signing with Manly as he was going to Parra with Choc.
Yet he screwed Manly with false promises and Manly made a decision, withdrew their offer to DCE in order to pay what Foran said he wanted.
If Foran had any decency he would have stopped it then and allowed Manly to sign DCE at the original offer, since he was leaving.

He will never be forgiven over that crap. He only came back to Manly as he was getting paid a high TTP from the rich Manly grandmother supporter.
As soon as that TPP was over, as she passed away, he left again to the highest bidder.

Good riddance.

At least Choc had the balls to call out his issues with Manly publicly and leave publicly.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7