[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Word of the day

schadenfreude

made all the more enjoyable by the serendipitous irony that it was Whatnow's TPA that brought the whole house of cards tumbling down.

nelson.jpg

southsideeagle

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
They have got a gem in Norman. Parra will/should increase his payment before letting him go. It is difficult to make up the short fall with lesser players as at this stage of the season as who would wanted them just as back up? Look at the players we shopped around and no one wanted them.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
CAN Anthony Watmough retiring fix Parramatta’s salary cap crisis? YES.

He is on $700,000 and the club is $570,000 over the cap this year.

The former Sea Eagles star has not played this year because of a knee injury,

“Any player that suffers a career-ending injury – as long as the salary cap auditor is satisfied that it’s genuine – with medical certificates - they can be remove from the cap,” said head of integrity Nick Weeks.

The NRL has ruled out pay cuts from players to get the club under the cap.

mosto

I have a well known member
Premium Member
Watmough is the obvious one. Not playing ATM and on big $.
But his $$$ still count against their cap until another club agrees to pay some or all of it. Who's going to sign Watmough???

I don't think any club would be in a position themselves cap-wise, at this stage of the season, to pay a significant portion of any of their top earners. Most likely scenario is they shed 5-6 low level / fringe players who are on around $200K for around 50% of their value, ie Eels pay $100K, new club pays $100K. Not something that's going to overnight IMO and I would say it would be at least a month or more before they're playing for points.

Simonmyers11

First Grader
12 points! there season is over! and have to shed over 500k of players immediately!

Makes manly chances of making the eight a lot better! Happy days!

HappilyManly

Journey Man
What did Greenburg just say about the for and against points- I missed it....
The points are stripped - all zero balance.

Their Ladder points will not record anything till they get under the Cap - currently -570k

Penalty won't kick in for 7 days as Parra have the right of an appeal.@:cool:

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18