[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I was browsing the Fox NRL station yesterday and watched the replay of the 54-0 thrashing we handed out to Parra at Brooky back in 2018.

The look on Dalai's face towards the end of the game was priceless.

No clue why he was sitting on the sidelines watching his team get thrashed in 40* heat.
Was that the game there was talk of Parra coming into the field either not looking like they'd bothered warming up or looking like they'd overdone it warming up?

I was browsing the Fox NRL station yesterday and watched the replay of the 54-0 thrashing we handed out to Parra at Brooky back in 2018.

The look on Dalai's face towards the end of the game was priceless.

No clue why he was sitting on the sidelines watching his team get thrashed in 40* heat.
Given I've lived in London for the past 20 years I was actually at that game and what a game it was. Drove From Canberra in the morning and I remember hitting the western suburbs at around lunchtime and the thermometer in the car hitting 44 degrees. Parked at Westfield and the hot wind walking up was staggering.

**** I am glad we are not in their shoes...
Imagine if we had to get Tommy,Saab,Schuster,DCE,Jake,Olakau'atu,Marty and Paseka all re-signed right now...Marty is the only one off contract and doubt we will be looking to extend.
Foresight or good luck?

**** I am glad we are not in their shoes...
Imagine if we had to get Tommy,Saab,Schuster,DCE,Jake,Olakau'atu,Marty and Paseka all re-signed right now...Marty is the only one off contract and doubt we will be looking to extend.
Foresight or good luck?
I think some actual good management? (which is a contrast to some of the other decisions)

If the way they release the signing news is an indication of when players are signed it appears to be a continual process rather than waiting till expiry

I am consistently amazed at how bad parra are at all of this stuff

Given I've lived in London for the past 20 years I was actually at that game and what a game it was. Drove From Canberra in the morning and I remember hitting the western suburbs at around lunchtime and the thermometer in the car hitting 44 degrees. Parked at Westfield and the hot wind walking up was staggering.
Same thing with me EoL, I lived in Cooma for 6yrs, a one and a half hours drive from Canberra. Did the same thing drove from Cooma to Brookvale, the change in temperature is amazing. And this was in May, took of the woolies and put on the Manly jersey, phew ! relief.

I read that Doesn'tmatta will secure Hodgson and possibly Sims for 2023. Gee, I'd hate to be an Eels junior trying to break into the NRL. The club seems incapable of putting any faith in development and always opts for big name recruits. It hasn't worked for them in the past so why do they persist in instant gratification? They have one of the largest junior nurseries in the comp and yet have hardly any locals in their top team, allowing other clubs to recruit their juniors to fulfil their potential.
I guess that why everybody laughs at Parramatta.

Just me or did Hodgson seem a bit cooked over the past couple of years? Still a good player but looking like the end is near?
Don 't watch many other games [ apart from Manly ] but was apparently a bit out of sorts last season . Maybe the new mode or style of footy , should still have some good years left , Maybe just needs a good rest to retain his previous good level footy form .

He'll be 33 by the time he joins the Eels. And he wouldn't have been very cheap, they would have been better off keeping Mahoney. But I guess they realise that now @:D
Poor old Eels, they are the masters of the dud deal. Their biggest dud deal by far was signing up Choc Whatmough in his early 30's on a long term deal, crook legs and all. He was never going to see out his contract. And this dud deal was followed up with other duds, T-Rex and later Foran who was never a good fit in the first place. Then surprisingly found his way back with us and now playing his best footy again.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4