[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

CBreeagles

Reserve Grader
Personally, removal from office ( with a fine ) is more effective. Why punish me with points loss ?

NRL/PWC/Board all agreed to a 'code of conduct' in the PWC recommendations for restructuring & accountability.
I actually agree that would be a better punishment. It would leave no excuses for when your team misses the 8 again.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Lol @MadMarcus. Don't worry there's a lot of blood at our site. More. Came here for a breather.

Damn, Can't believe it , yet again, failed to score even one troll rating. Jesus. It's been a few weeks now, since the last. Can't do anything right..;)

PS: I'm really an Eels supporter.

Sorry mate but you did ask for one!!

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Where buddy ? I'm waiting in anticipation. Nothing's come up. My phone usually vibrates when I get a troll rating. Jesus, Mark, don't give a man false hope !

UPDATE: Got it. You beauty.
How many wooden spoons have the eels won Electric Squeel ?
You miserable python
1239892_550267868354511_1707015999_n.jpg

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
How funny has that Watmough trade to Parra been ?? it just keeps on delivering misery to the Eels on so many levels. Maybe he is being the all time star double agent and dismantling the enemy from the inside out. All we need him to do now is to sue them for some breach of contract relating to these dodgy TPA's he has signed up for. That would be the ultimate salt in the wound

conanu

Bencher
Imo everyone involved in the latest 'alleged' blatant salary cap rorts , some such as Hooper are suggesting are willingly blatant, that our CFO advised were , in fact breaches, should be removed from office, dying on their sword if proven accurate.

It's inexcusable. However, unfortunately, it's not uncommon for people in power ( or wealth ) to think they are above it all & do whatever they want.
@Eelectric Take it from a bunch of supporters who have been through the Boardroom dramas in the paper. James Hooper is a hack who knows absolutely nothing! he constantly speculates hoping he is a broken clock that is right twice a day. I wonder if any players actually like him. I doubt they do, they wouldn't have a beer away from work with the muppet thats for sure. If he is the bloke with all this info then i reckon you are in the clear.

Eelectric

The atmosphere is Eelectric..
@Eelectric Take it from a bunch of supporters who have been through the Boardroom dramas in the paper. James Hooper is a hack who knows absolutely nothing! he constantly speculates hoping he is a broken clock that is right twice a day. I wonder if any players actually like him. I doubt they do, they wouldn't have a beer away from work with the muppet thats for sure. If he is the bloke with all this info then i reckon you are in the clear.

@conanu , hope so. It's worrying though. If it's true, heads need to roll. I'm not sure yet.

Thanks for being positive & hopeful. Even if it proves to be true, in the worst case, your positivity is a welcome change from the mountain of negativity & drama.

It's actually more a testament to you & your inclination towards goodwill & good intentions. Very much appreciated, no matter what eventuates. :)

Last edited:

JenEagle

Bencher
Sounds like Foran was just a puppet in all of this. Used by Sharp to make sure he got re elected.

I was stunned last year when the eels just kept signing all these big names. I still can't understand how the NRL allowed them to sign Jennings with all this salary cap mess going on in the background.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Personally, removal from office ( with a fine ) is more effective. Why punish me with points loss ?
Sorry, but no. Rotating a few different officials onto the board is hitting them with a feather, or no punishment at all, and they have oodles of money to pay fines.
The standard has been set in the past, for deliberate dishonest cap rorting hit them the only place it really hurts - competition points!

Rex

Bencher
@Rex , and you still really believe logic & reason drives homo sapiens ?
* Emotions drive motion. They are our autopilot. The sum total of our conditioning.
* Attention stills emotion/motion. It's our ability to look, and look again, without reacting. The unconditioned.

What we usually call thinking is essentially a collection of conditioned emotional reactions. Rationalised to form a meaningful story. We are programmed to think the way we do, and we construct stories to explain why we do it.

In any instant, this (unconditioned) looking and this (conditioned) thinking seem to be mutually exclusive. We're either in enquiry or reaction.

Do I believe (ie emote) logic and reason drive homo sapiens? No. At least not consciously. And when I look right now to check, I don't see that either.

Last edited:

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Has the nrl released anything?

There's nothing on their site.... only how parra has passed all the other governance requirements.

But I mean....this is getting worse and worse. Even a 'we're looking at it' would be something.

-Maybe they have I dunno. But the whole thing is a shambles.

SeaEagle21

Bencher
Premium Member
Has the nrl released anything?

There's nothing on their site.... only how parra has passed all the other governance requirements.

But I mean....this is getting worse and worse. Even a 'we're looking at it' would be something.

-Maybe they have I dunno. But the whole thing is a shambles.

Heard on the radio this morning that the NRL are aware of the issue & are investigating the new information that has surfaced. Sounds like they mean business!!! (insert sarcasm)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16