[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Ned

Bencher
Parra should have been in the home sheds as I heard they were a rather cool 20 degrees thanks to Daiken air conditioners
Don't give Greenturd ideas, he'd move us to the visitors sheds at our own ground in a heartbeat if he thought he could!!

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

After.......

screw-you-guys-im-going-home.jpg

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
nrl.com

Asked about the warm-up, Moeroa couldn't help but laugh.

"I don't know who came out and said it was a 40-minute warm-up," he said.

"We warmed up the same time we warm up for a cold day, about 15 minutes. It's all we needed. It wasn't us warming up for however long we warmed up for [that was the problem], it was the attitude we went on the field with. It wasn't good enough.

See? Not the warm up. Ooops there goes 75% of the lamedia's reasons!

*bump*

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
I just got a lot of new respect for Peter Fitzsimons.

His article published today in the SMH (https://www.smh.com.au/sport/first-...own-the-game-at-its-best-20180321-p4z5is.html) has the following headline:

First two rounds of NRL have shown the game at its best

On the front page (https://www.smh.com.au/) it is described as:

First two rounds of NRL showed the staggering collapse of the Eels

I have to agree 100% that the staggering collapse of the Eels is the NRL at is best.

Here's my favourite part:

Most fascinating has been the staggering collapse of the Parramatta Eels. Bear in mind they came fourth last season, were touted as possible premiership winners for 2018, and have had their prodigal prodigy Jarryd Hayne added to their roster for this season. Their coach, Brad Arthur, is highly regarded. And yet, and yet, in their first two matches they have bled nigh on 80 points, of which 50 odd were to their greatest historical rivals, Manly! While it is one thing to lose badly it is quit another to lose the will to even struggle and against Manly that it is precisely what it looked like, Their shoulders were slumped, their eyes were downcast, they had nothing! With five minutes to go on Saturday, Hayne got the ball on the boil five metres out. The Hayne who came to fame on the plane, just a few years ago would have burst through the proffered tackles like they were nothing. This one meekly succumbed. It just looked like he didn’t even care. And yes, it is unfair to say that Hayne is the direct cause of both the Titans and the Eels falling apart since he joined them, but . . . at the least it is not obvious that he has made either side stronger.

The Who

Journey Man
The focus on Doesn'tmatta "not trying" against us disrespects the performance of Manly. We played amazingly well and I'm sure we would have beaten every other team. But the experts all put the results down to Doesn'tmatta being woeful. We Haven't received the due credit. If the lads can reproduce it for a second week then perhaps Manly will gain the respect it deserves.
I'm excited by the potential of this team. All of them, with the exception of Uate, are either at their peak or continuing to improve.

The scrub eels cant even take a joke at the moment. I mean why would anyone try to make fun of the Dalai Arfur when they are so butt hurt from losing 54-0 they are crying like Jarhead Planes.

Where is the Chief - he was so informative about the years of domination Forme family was going to bring him.

Shoe1

Journey Man
The focus on Doesn'tmatta "not trying" against us disrespects the performance of Manly. We played amazingly well and I'm sure we would have beaten every other team. But the experts all put the results down to Doesn'tmatta being woeful. We Haven't received the due credit. If the lads can reproduce it for a second week then perhaps Manly will gain the respect it deserves.
I'm excited by the potential of this team. All of them, with the exception of Uate, are either at their peak or continuing to improve.
I hope manly reproduce that in a grand final one day.

(Again)

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
A very sad story that brought tears to my eyes ....

The perils of supporting the Parramatta Eels

They say a week is a long time in footy and it feels like even longer when your team is coming off the back of a heavy defeat.

It has been almost five days since I found myself in a position where I had driven more than an hour to sit in 40-degree heat to watch my team get done by 54 points by the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles at Lottoland.
I am not sure what was the worst part.
It could have been that I was sitting on the hill at Brookie surrounded by Sea Eagles fans (who in their defence thought I was so pathetic, that I was very much left alone). It could have been that I had to watch my team lose, but lose in the most disappointing of ways.

They were bundled into touch on three occasions, Mitch Moses was sin-binned for the second consecutive week, there was a sickening head clash for one of my favourite players Cameron King and a pack that seemed ineffective in the face of Manly’s forwards.

Or potentially it was that I had parked my car at the top of a giant hill and at the end of the day, not only was I miserable because my team had lost, but also because I had to hike back up that hill to get to my car in the heat.

It did not get much better on the way home. In between playing Simon and Garfunkel’s "The Sound of Silence" on repeat, my brother’s girlfriend (a Manly fan who had come to the game with my Eels-supporting brother) confirming that my brother had not spoken a word to her the way home.

My godfather also called me and I pleaded with him: "I just want one premiership before I die… is that too much to ask?"

Then I got home and had to go downstairs to make sure my dad had not broken the TV by hurling something at it and checked Facebook to see I had been tagged in several videos of the Eels press conference where you could hear Manly singing their victory song over a dejected Brad Arthur and Tim Mannah.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Goodness... Mary Konstantopoulos (who wrote the above article bozo posted) was whining about the loss on 'the roar' or whatever it's called days ago. Basically the same article.

If she wants a premiership before she shuffles off this mortal coil, then come over and support Manly.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I know we have to appreciate the wins but we do have to play them again soon. After 54-0 they will be after a bit of redemption.
Redemption ? What Redemption ?
Feathered friend , did you watched last weeks game ?
The eels were practically castrated in the middle of lottoland without any anesthetic for every one to see and live on tv .

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Who mentioned Ricky Stuart to coach Manly ,Who ?
There needs to be some banning sentences handed out around here I believe !
Go through the posts , gather the evidence and then we will name them and shame them and then castrate the culprits:p

ricardo

Bencher
The focus on Doesn'tmatta "not trying" against us disrespects the performance of Manly. We played amazingly well and I'm sure we would have beaten every other team. But the experts all put the results down to Doesn'tmatta being woeful.

While this is completely true, and that Manly deserves great respect for their game:

Parra were all colours of sh!t on Sunday.

Their performance was the worst I’ve seen on an NRL pitch in ages and that includes last year’s Knights. Parra looked to have given up after 20 minutes.

Yes we could have beaten any team that day, but Parra would have been beaten by anyone!

Loved every minute!

Moops

Bencher
Redemption ? What Redemption ?
Feathered friend , did you watched last weeks game ?
The eels were practically castrated in the middle of lottoland without any anesthetic for every one to see and live on tv .

Exactly, and unless there is something to the whole Arthur has lost the dressing room thing, they will be gunning for us next time. We play them away in Round 7. That is why I haven't crowed to the Parra fans yet. If we beat them in Round 7, I will.

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
14 7 7 -50 16