[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
The Crushers being introduced into the competition was actually one of the reasons behind the Super League, which as we know was the brain child of the Broncos.

Rules for one and rules for others. The unwritten section of that is that there are rules for those who rate on Nein and those who don't.....

Just look at their 1993 GF winning team and you can see that nothing has changed.

Julian O'Neill - Then Qld Origin
Michael Hancock - Then Australian international and Qld Origin
Steve Renouf - Then Australian international and Qld Origin
Chris Johns - Then Australian international and NSW Origin
Willie Carne - Then Australian international and Qld Origin
Kevin Walters - Then Australian international and Qld Origin
Allan Langer - Then Australian international and Qld Origin
Glenn Lazarus - Then Australian international and NSW Origin
Kerrod Walters - Former Australian international and Qld Origin
Mark Hohn - Then Qld Origin
Trevor Gillmeister - Then Qld Origin
Alan Cann
Terry Matterson - Former NSW Origin
Gavin Allen - Then Qld Origin
John Plath
Andrew Gee - Then Qld Origin
Peter Ryan

How that lot was under the salary cap (which did exist and was much smaller then) I'll never know. Only Peter Ryan had not played in their 1992 GF win (former Aussie test and Qld three-quarter Tony Currie was the other reserve that day). Plus on the Broncos books at the time was another Aussie test player and Qld Origin rep in Paul Hauff.

How does a club with 9 internationals and another 6 origin representatives in its squad (3 of whom would go on to play test football) stay under the salary cap?
It helps when you have news filth as your owner. The cap is jok when a team has a roster like they have.

Just look at their 1993 GF winning team and you can see that nothing has changed.

Julian O'Neill - Then Qld Origin
Michael Hancock - Then Australian international and Qld Origin
Steve Renouf - Then Australian international and Qld Origin
Chris Johns - Then Australian international and NSW Origin
Willie Carne - Then Australian international and Qld Origin
Kevin Walters - Then Australian international and Qld Origin
Allan Langer - Then Australian international and Qld Origin
Glenn Lazarus - Then Australian international and NSW Origin
Kerrod Walters - Former Australian international and Qld Origin
Mark Hohn - Then Qld Origin
Trevor Gillmeister - Then Qld Origin
Alan Cann
Terry Matterson - Former NSW Origin
Gavin Allen - Then Qld Origin
John Plath
Andrew Gee - Then Qld Origin
Peter Ryan

How that lot was under the salary cap (which did exist and was much smaller then) I'll never know. Only Peter Ryan had not played in their 1992 GF win (former Aussie test and Qld three-quarter Tony Currie was the other reserve that day). Plus on the Broncos books at the time was another Aussie test player and Qld Origin rep in Paul Hauff.

How does a club with 9 internationals and another 6 origin representatives in its squad (3 of whom would go on to play test football) stay under the salary cap?
I think the cap was about 1.5m back then too. Some Broncos bloke on NITV league nation last night STILL arguing that Brisbane shouldn't have two teams. Maybe so but one fairly close should be on the radar.

I think the cap was about 1.5m back then too. Some Broncos bloke on NITV league nation last night STILL arguing that Brisbane shouldn't have two teams. Maybe so but one fairly close should be on the radar.
There should be 12 Qld teams. Playing in their own comp.

And 12 Nsw teams.

Maybe the top 4 of each can have a final series

Lockyer was getting the marquee allowance (think it was up to 500k allowable then) and the long service allowance (200k I think) so 300k could work.....but I agree totally .They are thieving rotten cheats....but probably legal cheats under the ridiculous TPA rules which allow the thoroughbreds to add 50 % to their cap.

There should be 12 Qld teams. Playing in their own comp.

And 12 Nsw teams.

Maybe the top 4 of each can have a final series
I love that idea. Always thought that is the way to go. All outside Sydney clubs and Queensland clubs play a full round against each other whilst Sydney clubs do the same and a finals series at the completion of each comp, ending in a super bowl type final. Basically the buzz rothfield model he wrote about a year ago. I haven't read it in ages so it's not exactly as I've said but close. It's a shorter season and you get a couple of rep rounds e.g Samoa v Tonga etc during origin. Not everyone's cup of tea but I'm having coffee.... Laced!

I love that idea. Always thought that is the way to go. All outside Sydney clubs and Queensland clubs play a full round against each other whilst Sydney clubs do the same and a finals series at the completion of each comp, ending in a super bowl type final. Basically the buzz rothfield model he wrote about a year ago. I haven't read it in ages so it's not exactly as I've said but close. It's a shorter season and you get a couple of rep rounds e.g Samoa v Tonga etc during origin. Not everyone's cup of tea but I'm having coffee.... Laced!

Yep, big fan of a two conference style comp. Plenty of problems to overcome but could be done. At least it would be fairer than our current draw disgrace.

The play-offs would be great.

And it would give us another reason to add more Americanisms.

Yep, big fan of a two conference style comp. Plenty of problems to overcome but could be done. At least it would be fairer than our current draw disgrace.

Like Jerred Heeyne? And boot polish under the eyes... Oh wait, beaten by big Jack

Wasn't yesterday supposed to be the big day the points were deducted???

And I see the " gang of 5" are refusing to be removed.

So **** keeps happening and Toggy keeps doing **** all!!

Normal transmission applies.

This would be a disaster. The Donkeys would play in the GF every year under that scenario. It's a no for me.

Wasn't yesterday supposed to be the big day the points were deducted???

And I see the " gang of 5" are refusing to be removed.

So **** keeps happening and Toggy keeps doing **** all!!

Normal transmission applies.

I think it's tomorrow (Friday 10th) Mark.
Get ready for a whole new round of lol'ing@Parra.

This would be a disaster. The Donkeys would play in the GF every year under that scenario. It's a no for me.

Agee 100%

What we need is less Sydney teams, I'm not sure what the magic number is but 3 less would be ideal ( merge Sharks/ Goons Panfers/Squeals Rorters/Bunnies ) and then have Perth ( another time zone for live games), extra Brisbane and Central Queensland.

Of course no one will ever have the balls to do that, but then sponsorships / TPA's for Sydney clubs become easier.

But against seeing the Donkeys have a chance at winning every year.

THE New Zealand Warriors did not approach Parramatta coach Brad Arthur or his management for the head coaching gig in recent days, despite reports in other newspapers which clearly stated Arthur was considering a role with the club.

Warriors boss Jim Doyle said he had not picked up the phone to call Arthur or his managers, Chris and Gavin Orr, but that he had received a phone call from an Arthur insider offering the coach for next season.

“I repeatedly told the reporters asking me that Brad Arthur was not in our plans for next year or the year after or any year for that matter,” Doyle said.

“We are working through issues at this club with various players and that is an ongoing process that is going well.

“The last thing we want here is Brad Arthur’s managers talking up their coach up when we have never had any interest in him coming here.

“I don’t know how many times you can say the story is incorrect but that’s what I did and it was still printed.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/sea-eagles/manly-sea-eagles-hire-former-nsw-chief-racing-steward-ray-murrihy-as-consultant/news-story/3111051795e5bbdc0b52d3e27e88135c?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed: dailytelegraphnrlndm (Daily Telegraph | NRL)

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11