Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What a pitiful excuse for a professional sport club. Look at the players we have that they have let go.
Jorge Taufua
Jamie Lyon
David Williams
Justin Horo
Joe Galuvao
Let alone how many others are running around successfully at other clubs.

Fairy Bower said:
Really feel for Darcy....lol. Not to mention Daniel Harrison who played for Wenty in their loss to Wests on Saturday.

I don't making a heap of money and he chose money over anything, you choose that route then you get what comes to you and I'd agree with DSM he wouldn't make the side this year anyway

Mark from Brisbane said:
Fairy Bower said:
Really feel for Darcy....lol. Not to mention Daniel Harrison who played for Wenty in their loss to Wests on Saturday.

I don't making a heap of money and he chose money over anything, you choose that route then you get what comes to you and I'd agree with DSM he wouldn't make the side this year anyway

Well i guess some of the spare salary cap as a result of off loading darcy, harrison and she-rex made room for our new recruits.

Manly winning at recruiting!

Matabele said:
If you saw the article about Wil Hopoate in today's Sunday Mail you won't want him back so fast. Has lost all his muscle tone, his arms are puny.

I thought he was supposed to be checked regularly by the eels to make sure he stayed fit. Someone hasn't neen doing their job or has Will opted for the church?

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/former-nrl-star-will-hopoates-mormon-mission-the-latest-step-in-the-life-of-a-fine-young-man/story-e6frg12c-1226609535279

Eagles2nv said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Fairy Bower said:

Well i guess some of the spare salary cap as a result of off loading darcy, harrison and she-rex made room for our new recruits.

Manly winning at recruiting!

swoop said:
Matabele said:
If you saw the article about Wil Hopoate in today's Sunday Mail you won't want him back so fast. Has lost all his muscle tone, his arms are puny.

I thought he was supposed to be checked regularly by the eels to make sure he stayed fit. Someone hasn't neen doing their job or has Will opted for the church?

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/former-nrl-star-will-hopoates-mormon-mission-the-latest-step-in-the-life-of-a-fine-young-man/story-e6frg12c-1226609535279

He has lost a lot of muscle bulk I reckon. He has a training program but it wouldn't be anything like a pre-season. I reckon he will take a while to get back to his best, if ever.

Matabele said:
swoop said:
Matabele said:

He has lost a lot of muscle bulk I reckon. He has a training program but it wouldn't be anything like a pre-season. I reckon he will take a while to get back to his best, if ever.

It will take him at least a year to get back to full fitness. The other thing is that he might not want to come back to the NRL.

There were a couple of other talented players who went on their sabbatical who came back but couldn't regain their form.

He looks anorexic, he's lost heaps of bulk.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Fairy Bower said:

i am with Mark and DSM.

These blokes arent smart enough to make decisions for them self and use managers who care nothing for players careers and the advantages of being at a successful club.

They are only interested in getting the most money so they get the best return.

And yes neither would get a run in first grade this year.

Just so I have this right ?

We are saying he only went for the money. But also saying that he wouldn't make Manlys NRL side this year

Seems it is a very smart move from Lussick then if that is the case, he is getting more money and playing 1st grade, so if those were the 2 options he has probably made the better choice

swoop said:
Matabele said:
swoop said:
Matabele said:

It will take him at least a year to get back to full fitness. The other thing is that he might not want to come back to the NRL.

There were a couple of other talented players who went on their sabbatical who came back but couldn't regain their form.

He looks anorexic, he's lost heaps of bulk.

I would have him back without hesitation . Surpised to read that Hoppa Snr is still active in the baby department had his last boy in November which makes ten kids.

Parra have been providing lolz for years

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-LOL-PARRA--31665?highlight=LOL
http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Lol-parra--29872?highlight=LOL
http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-LOL-Parra?highlight=LOL
http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-LOL-the-Eels?highlight=LOL

faithful said:
I would have him back without hesitation . Surpised to read that Hoppa Snr is still active in the baby department had his last boy in November which makes ten kids.

I'd take Will back in a heartbeat, too. A solid pre-season in the gym would get a lot of his muscle back (always surprises me how quickly footballers can bulk up) and you don't lose the kind of skill he has overnight, if ever.
Don't forget just how special this kid could be on a footy field. He's a gifted athlete and incredibly smart footy player - way better than his uncle Albert or anybody else who's ever gone off on a mission from God (with the possible exception of Jake and Elwood Blues).

Kiwi Eagle said:
Just so I have this right ?

We are saying he only went for the money. But also saying that he wouldn't make Manlys NRL side this year

Seems it is a very smart move from Lussick then if that is the case, he is getting more money and playing 1st grade, so if those were the 2 options he has probably made the better choice

Had Lussick stayed we probably wouldn't have bought one or more of Fa'oso, Lawrence or Gower and he would certainly have been in our top 17.

I was a critic of Lussick, but it always pains me to see a local junior leave the club. With Kitey moving on and Kingy not too far off retirement too, I would take Lussick back.

Kiwi, I didn't say he went for the money, but I've never thought he was something special. Lawerance and Horo are more talented IMO. It's a shame Lawerance is 28 and not 21. Lussick might have made a smarter move, money wise, but perhaps holding a wooden spoon and sitting through Stuarts diatribes each week would be tiresome.

In todays SMH,

Parramatta's signings have benefited from the Eels' situation - former NSW Origin and Manly back William Hopoate will bank $800,000 a season and other former Manly players, Darcy Lussick and Daniel Harrison, will get $450,000 and $300,000.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/desperate-eels-pay-top-dollar-in-scramble-to-boost-talent-pool-20130403-2h77h.html#ixzz2PRX5GzGm

I know that it's the paper speculation, but even with a grain of salt that's big coin for Harrison, no wonder he didn't look back. Hasn't even cracked a spot yet at the Eels....is he injured ?? I'm also glad we didn't get caught holding onto to Lussick at $450K on current comparison between him and Lawrence / Fa'aoso

It just doesn't sound like astute recruitment by the Eels, but runs in line with their philosphy since Smith left. Big money for big name players, but little regard for how that creates a cohesive team.

At least when Manly were paying overs, we did so on key players that added to the squad and we'd be hard-pressed resenting any of the big name overs signings we made from the BK double to Killer.

Smith got it right over the 01-05 period, but the lack of results when they looked the goods sees the hierachy pushing the panic button regularly, putting undue pressure on coaches and players to perform or walk.

Even taking into account paper exaggeration - that bit about 450K for Lussick and 300K for Harrison made me laugh at loud - same with 600K for a plodder like Tolman. If these figures are anywhere near close they have the makings of a spoon side for years to come. You wouldnt pay HALF that much for any of them ... its as if the players managers are writing the cheques.

I ALMOST feel sorry for the Eels. That's bordering on mismanagement.

No way in the world anyone is paying Harrison 300k per year, maybe over a 3 year contract he may get that

They've done it again. Choc made mention tonight in his M.O.M interview it seems they have great respect for assitant coach Brad Arthur. Seems like we've picked up another gem of a Parra discard.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2