LOL@Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Catch_20_2

Reserve Grader
Sorry I couldn't resist. Being a Manly supporter for many decades, I've been through all the ups and downs. Premiership wins and losses, sitting next to Melbourne supporters for the 2007 Grand Final, experiencing the sheer 40-0 ecstasy the following year, and not to mention the self indulgent shedding of a tear as the great Beaver dived over for his last NRL try in 2008. There are probably many here who have been supporters even longer.

Sometimes ... you have to sit back and laugh at yourself.

I hate to say it though this result has been coming. We have all been having wet dreams after the nightmares of the last two years ..... without really focusing on where we were for Game 1 2016. How have we really changed from the team who was pasted at the hands of Parramatta in the first round in 2015, 42-12 ? The biggest difference was the turmoil caused by DCE / Foz / Tooves / Board / ZTH / Press / and many other divisions. But what else ?

Friday night .....
Walker was capable but needs a lot more time to be a fluent 5/8, is he an upgrade over Lyon or Foran, hard to say at this stage.
Myles is dependable but is just a workhorse but would be considered as an upgrade
Kapow did add something to the pack and will only get better, needs support !!!!
Depth in the backs - is still a major concern, Tom T is ready made replacement for Snake without the play making skills. Matai, Lyon, Tafua, Snake, DCE will all miss time this year, what is our back depth like ? If Williame is our #1 replacement then we have issues.
Api showed signs of class - he is underdone after missing a lot of the preseason with injury.
People talking up Parcel and Leary should factor in the opposition's drop in intensity in the 2nd half. In saying that I do like both players and believe they have a lot to contribute this year.
The other debutants were not that much different the honest toilers we have served up the last few years off the bench.
Supporters ..... reading the comments I'm not sure if we have really learnt much from the last two years. I would hope we are all better and more supportive of our team and coaching staff now than to turn into the rabid pack of cannibals of 2014 and 2015, once things don't go our way. Hitting out at everyone within range just a day after snickering at Parra fans doing the same thing is not cool.

Yes it was disappointing. To me it almost felt like a trial game. The coach was still sorting through possibles and probables.

We will get better ... we will have other inglorious losses this year ...... but I also feel we'll have some pretty sharp wins as well. We have to keep our chins up ..... there will be better times ahead. But be aware, this team's transformation is far far from being complete.

I get ya. I've given out 17 "funny" ratings in total and I reckon more than half of them were given over this weekend alone over posts that lightheartedly took the piss out of our team.

I actually had a good chuckle thinking about this scene from the Waterboy and tying it in with our performance on Friday

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 15
yes but GOD bought us a new team and we were supposed to win,
who wants to wait for results,the season has already started and we havnt posted a win at all;)

Our problems are immediately solved if the coach makes the right selections. Selecting a spare hooker and three lightweight utility backrowers for a total of four lightweights in the pack/bench to take on the biggest pack in the comp was a rookie mistake.

2 of their tries would not have happened if Snake had been at Full Back and we are unlikely to drop the ball that much again.........I hope.

Nice post by the way, and far less emotive than many, but that's also with the benefit of a few days to calm down.

Yes it's only game 1, and we will get better......I hope!

I thought Walker's kicking game close to the line was very predictable. Just went to the old grubber kick through, with not much variation.

I thought Walker's kicking game close to the line was very predictable. Just went to the old grubber kick through, with not much variation.
Walkers only problem was he tried too hard. He needs a little time, but I thought he showed promise. I suspect the long term plan is for Walker to take Jamies spot when he retires and we recruit another 5/8th, whom I predict will be Luke Keary (Not saying I like that idea BTW).

Everything about rugby league - from the fans to the game's administration - is hilarious, so yeah, you have to be able to laugh at your own team as well. There's no way I would have survived the Northern Eagles years without being able to do that. Plus, if you can only get joy out of other teams' misfortunes, it ain't real healthy in the long run.

The biggest issue is how the club management talked up how we were going to be much better this year than in 2015 yet from what we saw on Friday night little has changed except the personnel.

If you can't laugh at yourself everyone else will.

And if they do anyway, they're laughing with you.

The biggest issue is how the club management talked up how we were going to be much better this year than in 2015 yet from what we saw on Friday night little has changed except the personnel.
What do you think Management should have done? Just say the team will go just as good as last year and could make the finals maybe? Would you be happy with this? Manly is a winning club and should always be striving to be the best.

They have gone out and recruited as best as they think they could have. And they have tried to improve things off the field too. It is only the first game into the season so plenty of time to turn things around.

We have threads knocking other teams but there'll be plenty laughing at us.

Barrett has ruined our siege mentality already. Barrett's all warm and fuzzy and positive media has them lulled into a false sense of security.

Gus sold Bozo a lemon. WTF has Cartwright ever achieved?

Management, coaching staff and players all caught up in the hype.

We looked horrible tonight, beaten all over the park.

Hate to say it & early days & 1000 more excuses, but the attitude is lacking resilience....hopefully this grows after a win, but for now, off the pace 2 out of 2.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4