LOL@Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Extending your 33 year old highest paid player after a couple of good games at the start of the season, nearly 2 whole years out from when they are off contract, until 2025 when they will be 36 years old is something I'd laugh at any club at. Particularly with a high number of talented young players and good Manly clubmen coming off contract in that time. Expect to lose a few!

The kind of move I'd expect from the Tigers or Warriors, but certainly not Manly
You are totally out of line here Jakey and you are sent to the sin bin for 10 minutes to think about what you have posted

The 33 year old captain and half back has led the Young Maroon team to victory over NSW and has out played the 24 year old Cleary

DCE tackles 23 Cleary 20
DCE run metres 83 Cleary 49
DCE tackle busts 3 Cleary 2
DCE tries 1 Cleary Zero
DCE line breaks 1 Cleary Zero
Cleary and NSW losers DCE Hero

The moral of the story
Age shall not weary champion players as Cleary and the NSW losers found out

Time for a positive song to get our day to a great start

Join me feathered friends

All together now !!!

We'll be singing
When we're winning
We'll be singing
When were winning

DCE gets knocked down
But he will get up again
You're never going to keep him down
DCE gets knocked down
But he will get up again
DCE gets knocked down
But he will get up again

Extending your 33 year old highest paid player after a couple of good games at the start of the season, nearly 2 whole years out from when they are off contract, until 2025 when they will be 36 years old is something I'd laugh at any club at. Particularly with a high number of talented young players and good Manly clubmen coming off contract in that time. Expect to lose a few!

The kind of move I'd expect from the Tigers or Warriors, but certainly not Manly
If only we'd waited, looks like Luke Brooks might soon be available and he's only 1 million, probably less after getting dropped.

Apparently his two year extension will see him take a significant salary cut. He’s on the same (or slightly higher, perhaps dependent on the structuring of the contract) money next year.

The good news is there is another salary cap increase on the way to north of $10m per year. So in relative terms, his salary will reduce further as a proportion of the total cap.

If the cap goes up next year DCE will probably get an increase in line/indexed with the cap increase as suggested by @Chip and Chase at the bottom of his post from 2018 below...

We don't get the Snake and Skivvi money magically back in our salary cap. They were contracted for 2017 and we had to pay them. They were never contracted for this year so they were never factored into the salary cap for this year, so it's not like that $$$$$$ just becomes available to spend because their contracts expired. The only possible way we could have got value from them is if the NRL had allowed us to medically retire them thus taking their value off of last years salary cap - allowing us to front load some of this years contracts and free up cap space for 2018.

As for Mr Plod - we are still paying the last year of his contract - so there is no free money there.

Yes the cap has gone up, but so have player wages. Also you will find that players like DCE have ratchet clauses in their contracts that tie their salary into the cap as a %age. As the cap increases so does their wage.

107C4F76-D052-4B74-A8ED-F8A646ED4C3C.png

Well how are we going this season. After last year I expected a big year. But reality set in once Turbo was shut down by oppositions and ultimately injured trying to carry the team.
Heaps of talent but no on field leadership and multiple poor team performances with the occasional glimmer of hope. One player who has had little or no playing time is the whipping boy on here and our coach to many is strangely blameless.
At any other club the drums would be beating for the coach to be sacked but we are bogged down in thoughts of there is nobody better available. Sounds like a unhappy marriage. Our squad looks disjointed and broken at the back end of the season when we should be fine tuned and firing. One game without the 7 is no excuse. I expect there were issues before the rainbow jumper. Our problems are deeper than that. It’s time for a change.

They say that success starts in the front office. For far too long we have seen so my dysfunction in how our club is managed.

The events of the last couple of weeks have highlighted how the lack of communication and being on the same page has split the playing group right down the middle.

Tony Mestrov has a tough gig. He needs to get some discipline around the place as we now have an uncomfortable scene where certain players are now appearing to be bigger than the club.

This season has never got going. The performance of our minor grades, Blacktown and our other junior sides has been majorly disappointing. We have no depth challenging the first time and we see too many passengers in the current first grade side.

Our salary cap needs addressing. For 3 years we have held out to find out what is going on with Fainu. We appear to be closer to a verdict and hopefully one way or another the club can move on as it has really hurt our club

Our owner resides overseas mostly and is not hands on. For years we have been run on a shoe string budget while our rivals invest money.

I believe there needs to be a total review of how the club is run. From an operational perspective. The way members and fans are treated, the game day experience, the arrangement with Blacktown that is not baring any fruit whatsoever, the current roster which is now split and divided and we need to move on the deadwood that is holding up new blood.

Des has been a great coach for us and has the skills to turn it around. It is unforgiveable that he was forced to deal with the firestorm that our marketing department created. No coach should have to deal with that.

Most of all we need committed people to be at our club. To see the likes of Dylan Walker and Martin Taupau, not even close to the form they showed last year is disappointing. Kieran Foran has done a great job and redeemed himself in many peoples eyes.

We have four games left this season and we need to see what are the plans going to be once these players leave?

I have seen many a season like this. I think our boys read the headlines after 2021 and assumed it would be OK. We at no stage have handled the top teams apart from one win against the Drizzle and we get exposed time an time again by these teams in fitness. We have the skills in the team but lack the quality of committeemen this season.

We need a fit Tommy, to have your best player only play about 40 percent of games since 2019 is telling.

Its not all doom and gloom, its been a tough season and how the club reacts will determine where we head.

The ball is in your court Penn family!!

Can we pin this to the top of the forum for the rest of of 2022?

Tommy gorn on a nothing play.

Foran/ walker not signed

Decent ceo humphreys falls on sword

Top 4 certainties.. would you believe .. top 8 certainties? … would you believe top 12?

Everyone in league jersey. The manly 7, or was it 10?

Manase the knife

Last edited:
Can we pin this to the top of the forum for the rest of of 2022?

Tommy gorn on a nothing play.

Foran/ walker not signed

Decent ceo humphreys falls on sword

Top 4 certainties.. would you believe .. top 8 certainties? … would you believe top 12?

Everyone in league jersey. The manly 7, or was it 10?

Manase the knife

You have to change your name to Manase the Knife

Hahaha.

Come on, I made changes ! And I'm sure you could come up with a witty avatar Shoe hahaha

Seriously you grink go and support the bears. Such a negative twat I've never meet. When we are flying in future don't show you sour negative face. You flog
This isn't probably the time to turn on each other mate. We need all the fans we can get right now. He's just sharing his opinion, and given the results both on and off the park, on top of jersey gate and Manase, people (including me) would he feeling really, really disollusioned and let down...not because they hate Manly, but because they love the place, and are gutted by the current shannanigans.

I reckon empathy, support, togetherness, welcoming ear is probably the way to go right now.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4