Live game updates in this thread PLZ

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cambo link said:
Choc did  alot of good stuff but he needs to get the errors out of his game.
Watmough gives me the ****s, he has way too many errors in his game. Not only that he makes them at crucial times of the game. 2 of his errors lead to 2 tries against us.

Sydney Roosters v South Sydney, Full Time 40-29
Brisbane v North Queensland, Full Time 14-16
Warriors v Parramatta, Full Time 18-24
Melbourne v Manly, Full Time 18-6
Gold Coast v St George Illawarra, Full Time 16-25

so far we are on the bottom of the table ;)

Poor DCE was looking like nerves got him..seemed he couldnt get comfortable with his kicking game and that chance in the second half when he grubber kicked through for Robbo he had better options to pass left and let Trex run it...give him a couple of games and he should be sweet for brooky against drugcastle

Ralphie link said:
So on that performance who thinks we can beats Easts next weekend without Jamie Lyon & Jason King, let alone beat Newcastle & Souffs the following weeks.

It's going to be a long & unpleasant season.
0-3 start coming I know everyone wants to see positives and say it is round 1 but the truth is we should be a lot better than that, instead of cutting some dead wood the last few years and rebuilding we find ourselves of the pace. I hope we don't fall into the 8 again this year because that just masks the problems in the squad, I would rather we bottom out and then start our surge again, at the moment the club seems happy to tread water

im gonna stick up for watmough here
he had a good game was busy in attack and defense however

people like swoop will dwell on the 2 drop balls and thats fair enough especially when one lead to a try.  he needs to eliminate the errors from his game.

The youngs guys were vulnerable tonight. None of them have much experience in a hostile setting at night.

I'm disappointed with the result but I believe we can expect alot of improvement.

I hope Lyon's injury isn't too severe.

Cambo link said:

people like swoop will dwell on the 2 drop balls and thats fair enough especially when one lead to a try.  he needs to eliminate the errors from his game.

Im with you on that, fark he frustrates me but he looked likely on a few occasions in attack.  I understand the drop which lead to a try, that was just a good hit right on the ball.  Its the mistakes like the dummy half drop that lead to the repeat sets that should not happen.

Pittwater Legend link said:
The youngs guys were vulnerable tonight. None of them have much experience in a hostile setting at night.

I'm disappointed with the result but I believe we can expect alot of improvement.

You are deluded. We need to rebuild the team. Th first thing we need to do is acquire some forwards with mongrel

exactly BE

Foran played his worst game, quiet as 5/8 and the dissapeared to centre to cover lyon

Stewy looked good, not great but far more involved than i expected. Threw the cut out pass for the try and set up what should have been the second if the dodgy refs hadnt called it back but i ex[ect a lot of that since gallop copped it from us.
Hoppa played well in the first half, vanished in the second, still not up to 80 mins of nrl standard footy.
T rex is not a centre didnt really **** up but offered nothing
lyon was injured hammy. wasnt really involved at all before
robbo, nothing special but ok
Foran quietest game he has played moved to cover lyons injury but off sfa prior
DCE was ok especially since foran was MIA. one would think the debuts were the other way around between them
Kite looked no better than last year (at least not the 2009 kite) anyone expecting 2008 kite better give up now
ballin did nothing right wrong until he got concussed, came back later but had no spark. good solid effort considering
King good, only prop with fire. got penalised for a lifted knee and given our position on gallop will be gone for the season
watmough ran hard all night something like 17 hitups 19 tackles but dropsies and penalties are still his problem
gulavao was average at best real shame rodney broke his arm as we need spark in this position, either that or give burher the 80 min gig
G stewart poor by 2008 standards, ok by normal. threw a bad floater late when we were on the attack just seemed to be lacking timing
Rose not up to long spells, need 4 props to play him
seu seu was ok, didnt use his speed jsut went through the motions. not sure whether he was playing within himself expecting to play the rest of the game without interchance
buhrer was one of our best if not our best. ran good lines, tackled hard and just kept going. not the biggest unit but can do the tough stuff taking the load off some of the attackers
Mauro was plodding along, did more than Joe G but nothing much

Our injuries will test our depth, Hoppa jr looks like he's picked up an injury, Lyon hamstring, Galavau copped a kick in the goulies, King will get suspended and we have Rodney, D williams and Matai out through suspension and injury.

Glad to see Brett get through unscathed and it will take him 6-12 matches to be confident with the needs and back to his best.

Ralphie link said:
[quote author=Pittwater Legend link=topic=186807.msg322289#msg322289 date=1299926464]

You are deluded. We need to rebuild the team. Th first thing we need to do is acquire some forwards with mongrel

[/quote]
mate im sorry but you are a twat

swoop link said:
[quote author=Cambo link=topic=186807.msg322276#msg322276 date=1299925958]

Watmough gives me the s**ts, he has way too many errors in his game. Not only that he makes them at crucial times of the game. 2 of his errors lead to 2 tries against us.
[/quote]

how did 2 errors lead to 2 tries when the scum scored 2 tries directly on the back of penalties?

Cambo link said:

people like swoop will dwell on the 2 drop balls and thats fair enough especially when one lead to a try.  he needs to eliminate the errors from his game.

For all the good he does it comes unravelled with stupid errors and Cambo the penalty that he gave away lead to a try aswell. So 2 errors 2 tries.

Ralphie link said:
[quote author=Pittwater Legend link=topic=186807.msg322289#msg322289 date=1299926464]

[/quote]

I daresay giving the young guys a chance will allow us to rebuild.

I don't think aggression with the forwards is the problem. G Stewart, King and Watmough have mongrel.

Cambo link said:
[quote author=Ralphie link=topic=186807.msg322292#msg322292 date=1299926612]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I actually agree with Ralphie on this one, not a lot of go forward even when we werent dropping the ball.

Our kicking game was woeful tonight and I thought that was the difference between the two sides.  The Storm's short kicking game was the highlight (or the lowlight from our perspective).  Neither side played particularly well and both are off the pace from the best teams in the comp.

DCE was nervous and did not play well, but I thought the more senior players didn't do much to take the pressure off him. Snake was all class.  We missed Lyon.  T-rex started the match with a bit of energy but by the second half he looked like he wanted to be at home watching tv as usual.

Defence was very good on the whole.  The turning point for mine was the penalty at the drop out.  The ref couldn't wait to give it!

I think people are a bit premature making predictions about our whole season based on that one performance.  It was a bit disappointing, but I have seen plenty worse.  If DCE can step up to NRL standard (and I think he will) we will look like a different side.

Fluffy link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=186807.msg322282#msg322282 date=1299926207]
[quote author=Cambo link=topic=186807.msg322276#msg322276 date=1299925958]

Watmough gives me the s**ts, he has way too many errors in his game. Not only that he makes them at crucial times of the game. 2 of his errors lead to 2 tries against us.
[/quote]

how did 2 errors lead to 2 tries when the scum scored 2 tries directly on the back of penalties?
[/quote]
Have a look as see who gave away the penalty.

Cambo link said:
[quote author=Ralphie link=topic=186807.msg322292#msg322292 date=1299926612]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Right back at ya Cambo. Let's have this discussion in a couple of weeks and see who is right. We will be 0-4 for sure on that performance.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8