Likely team for Rd 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I think we just need to back some of these young kids in for the centre positions. I really hope Parker picks his game up this year, but it sounds like Garrick has been training the house down and deserves a shot. Just because someone is untested, doesn't mean they aren't good. Cam Smith had played 0 games once too.
Couldn’t agree more, otherwise, what was the point of promoting them to the top squad. The young guys were brought in as replacements for the journeymen that we’re in the squad last season. Surely, they must be considered to be up to the task. I remember reading an article about Funa being a better prospect than Kelly last year somewhere, which was why the club wasn’t concerned about releasing him.

Last edited:
Couldn’t agree more, otherwise, what was the point of promoting them to the top squad. The young guys were brought in as replacements for the journeymen that we’re in the squad last season. Surely, they must be considered to be up to the task. I remember reading an article about Funa being a better prospect than Kelly last year somewhere, which was why the club wasn’t concerned about releasing him.

You suggesting Funa could be first choice replacement for Kelly???

Put your hand up mate, at this point, surely we are all in the mix @:D

01. @Dan
02. @bazeagle
03. @BOZO
04. @mutley
05. @globaleagle
06. @Woodsie (c)
07. @Ryan
08. @Kevinward777
09. @brad
10. @Mark from Brisbane
11. @HoldenV8
12. @manlyfan76
13. @mickqld

14. @fLIP
15. @The Wheel
16. @maxta
17. @Budgewoi Eagle
Coach: Des Hasler

Apologies to those that missed out. Des is rebuilding, and you cost too much right now. We are looking for potential, not proven.

Brilliant spot for me - don't have to tackle much there.

You suggesting Funa could be first choice replacement for Kelly???
No, just that there was an article in the Manly Daily that reported how people at the club believe him to be a better prospect than Brian Kelly. The point I am trying to make is that the club have promoted a bunch of young guys into the top 30... therefore they must believe they are up to the task of playing first grade.

Ok based on pre season and last nights trial this is my round 1 team. Assuming T Turbo is out, API is also out.
1. Elliot
2. Tafua
3.Funa ( like the look of him, big strong and fast.)
4. Garrick
5. Suli ( think his ball returns would be strong and better suited defensively. Ball handling obvious worry.)
6. Elgey ( looked good last night I thought)
7. Dce
8. Taupau
9. Fainu
10. AFB
11. Thompson
12. Siro
13. Jake

14. Gosi
15. Sipley
16. Saunders ( needs to be in our top 30, he’s in my 17, is all heart)
17. Cust

Waddel, Hodkinson, Winterstein , Hopoate , Keppie all waiting in the wings.
Perrett and Parker banished forever.

On a serious note , the centres are going to be our Achilles heel.

Very much so, and every attacking raid aimed down that line as well.

So we’ll suffer in attack AND defence.

I don’t know the ins and outs of the Kelly departure but that’s looking like a terribly dumb move now!

What my squad would look like rd1.

1. Brendon Elliott (very reliable imo)
2. Jorge Taufua (should shave his hair)
3. Tevita Funa (underdog, impressive)
4. Joel Thompson (temporary, experienced)
5. Reuben Garrick (covered up Suli’s defence as much as possible vs chooks)
6. Kane Elgey
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Addin Fonua-Blake
9. Apisai Koroisau
10. Jake trbojevic (attack more fluent without him last night)
11. Jack Gosiewski
12. Curtis Sironen (major in)
13. Martin Taupau (best player to float, his strong running can resurrect any plays gone wayward)

14. Trent Hodkinson (seemed he’s re-found some of his mojo last night)
15. Kelepi Tanginoa
16. Andy Saunders
17. Corey Waddell (better performance agaisnt chooks, versatile)

Keppi (a non lazy, bulked up Shaun Lane), Paseka, Fainu, Cust all worthy of earning spots. Suli was great in hit ups (except ball control) although defence too risky for mine

What my squad would look like rd1.

1. Brendon Elliott (very reliable imo)
2. Jorge Taufua (should shave his hair)
3. Tevita Funa (underdog, impressive)
4. Joel Thompson (temporary, experienced)
5. Reuben Garrick (covered up Suli’s defence as much as possible vs chooks)
6. Kane Elgey
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Addin Fonua-Blake
9. Apisai Koroisau
10. Jake trbojevic (attack more fluent without him last night)
11. Jack Gosiewski
12. Curtis Sironen (major in)
13. Martin Taupau (best player to float, his strong running can resurrect any plays gone wayward)

14. Trent Hodkinson (seemed he’s re-found some of his mojo last night)
15. Kelepi Tanginoa
16. Andy Saunders
17. Corey Waddell (better performance agaisnt chooks, versatile)

Keppi (a non lazy, bulked up Shaun Lane), Paseka, Fainu, Cust all worthy of earning spots. Suli was great in hit ups (except ball control) although defence too risky for mine

Tanginoa out for a month, Anduy saunders not in the top 30 trains with blacktown , no chance
thompson as a centre no chance, des prefers hodko to elgey

Tanginoa out for a month, Anduy saunders not in the top 30 trains with blacktown , no chance
thompson as a centre no chance, des prefers hodko to elgey
Thompson covered centre for Dragons and in my opinion is a better option to the risky Suli, don't really need a world beater just someone who'd stand in for a few weeks. Not too different to second row for a cool-headed, agile player like him. Don't mind with Hodko vs Elgey. But yeah that is a shame about Tanginoa. As for Saunders, well if we are already eating into our forward depth the club will almost certainly add him to the top 30 imo, and may do so for T-rex Williams also if he reignites his career in opening stages of 2019 (and if not banned from nrl atm).

Tony wiliams has a 12 game suspension to serve, the club wont waste a top 30 spot on a 1 game trial performance for Saunders he needs to produce that form weekly for blacktown to be even considered

Very much so, and every attacking raid aimed down that line as well.

So we’ll suffer in attack AND defence.

I don’t know the ins and outs of the Kelly departure but that’s looking like a terribly dumb move now!
Kelly could not solve our back line issues last year mate when Walker was moved at 5/8 . Why would he solve them this year ?

Last edited:
Thompson covered centre for Dragons and in my opinion is a better option to the risky Suli, don't really need a world beater just someone who'd stand in for a few weeks
A few weeks? The season is a bit longer than that. I think Parker and Suli both prefer left centre, but could be wrong. Certainly Thompson always plays on the left, and we need to replace Walker who is a right centre, as well as Kelly who was the left. Good luck Des, he will come up with something. Funa is a chance.

That Miski winger dude (looks like Josh Mansour slightly?) who played in the trial was also quite good. Maybe there is more competition than we first had thought for those backline spots

Put your hand up mate, at this point, surely we are all in the mix @:D

01. @Dan
02. @bazeagle
03. @BOZO
04. @mutley
05. @globaleagle
06. @Woodsie (c)
07. @Ryan
08. @Kevinward777
09. @brad
10. @Mark from Brisbane
11. @HoldenV8
12. @manlyfan76
13. @mickqld

14. @fLIP
15. @The Wheel
16. @maxta
17. @Budgewoi Eagle

Coach: Des Hasler

Apologies to those that missed out. Des is rebuilding, and you cost too much right now. We are looking for potential, not proven.
Thanks for the confidence Ryan, I won’t let you down (especially if the 17 is the bench spot we never use!).

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8