Liam Knight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Point is he is only a kid and has not yet had opportunity to show what he may have under the hood. Certainly as Bozo says we cant keep everyone, but we can certainly keep the cream. There's a lot of ordinary players I'd let go well before Knight, and I certainly wouldnt be swapping him for a 30 something OK player as is being suggested.

Stick with the young bucks. They are more likely to improve, cost you less initially and you can always let them go if they dont show something in the first few years of first grade. Grabbing a first grader with potentially only a couple of years left and sure to be more likely to diminish in performance than improve, given old legs, is negative thinking. Stick with the kids. That's what got Manly its premierships in the past.

So with absolutely no information or facts regarding the reasons why this severe decision was, I would think reluctantly made, we at Silvertails have managed to create 6 pages bagging the tripe out of the club for making it.

I am disappointed, I was keen on the kid, but I think I will wait to find out why before calling my own club dickheads, and I will if their reasons aren't reasonable.

I am disappointed, I was keen on the kid, but I think I will wait to find out why before calling my own club dickheads, and I will if their reasons aren't reasonable.
It's just a little baffling that he was seen as worth hanging onto and signed to an extension THIS year. And before he made his FG debut there were a couple of weeks of press suggesting he'd turned himself around, with Barrett saying he was being rewarded for his hard work with a spot in the team. It's like signing Gutherson to an extension only to release him to the Eels.
I know lower grade performances aren't everything, but Knight has enormous talent. He's not James Hasson. He's not Demetriou. He has the potential to be something special and I would have liked to see him fulfil that potential with the Sea Eagles.
You're right that we don't know the whole story, but it's kind of nice to see fans showing some loyalty to players. Clubs don't show any loyalty these days, nor do players, so I guess we're the only ones left.

It's just a little baffling that he was seen as worth hanging onto and signed to an extension THIS year. And before he made his FG debut there were a couple of weeks of press suggesting he'd turned himself around, with Barrett saying he was being rewarded for his hard work with a spot in the team. It's like signing Gutherson to an extension only to release him to the Eels.
I know lower grade performances aren't everything, but Knight has enormous talent. He's not James Hasson. He's not Demetriou. He has the potential to be something special and I would have liked to see him fulfil that potential with the Sea Eagles.
You're right that we don't know the whole story, but it's kind of nice to see fans showing some loyalty to players. Clubs don't show any loyalty these days, nor do players, so I guess we're the only ones left.

Agree with everything you say. I am gutted. It is the fact that it is so baffling in light of the earlier support for him that indicates to me there must be some very compelling reasons to dump a kid with his potential.

It is good that many are showing loyalty to the kid, but that doesn't require blaming our own club until we know more.

Then we can burn them.

I looked at that video, and also the one done by his sports mgt team.

He was a hard tackling, try scoring, off loading, good line running, metre gaining machine! I just wonder what happened to him in first grade. It was like he forgot how big he was.

A great mystery.

As for Liam.....I'll wait until it is 'official.' some rumour crap site isn't all that legit for mine.
He did look great but we need to remember it was against NYC players!!! 1ST grade is a different ball game. Demetriou looked awesome in NYC but 1st grade was beyond him! Tom T was awesome in NYC & has transitioned into 1st grade quite well but he still hasn't hit the peaks like NYC! Then again there aren't many as good as Tom T.

Didn't he break his foot in a pot hole whilst crossing the road????? I know one of our players did!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4