Liam Knight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
you could be right Snake .... not off to a flying start ... he might be a bit of a large James Roberts ...

They are watching me.. . And listening to me......
They are getting rid of every player I want to keep.........
And recruiting those I don't !!!!
Except Shaun Lane.

Seems Manly are recruiting for mediocrity if they are after some of the players mentioned.

Taupua is a docile giant, he carts the ball up but never creates a second phase in attack. Most of his offloads are to the ground :cool:

I didn't say that he was bad, but he does not have the mongrel that can turn a game like say Darcy or JWH/Knight :shake:

Plus Taupua's strength but lack of technique, has had him suspended twice already. He was lucky the Bird KO didn't get him 4 weeks plus :mad:

Offloads are to the ground because there are no support players in the team. Snake used to always sniff around the forwards but there is no one doing that any more

Seems Manly are recruiting for mediocrity if they are after some of the players mentioned.

Confirmed so far:
OUT
Starling, Mateo, Symonds, Lyon, Vave, Moltzen, Burgess

IN
Winterstein, Wright, Lane

We don't know which others players will / will not or have / have not signed.

To date, we have severely gone backwards depth wise. Of the players signed there, I'd say Lane is the only one with long term potential. Wright is a plodder, and Winterstein I haven't seen enough of to make a comment, but of his two games, he's been extra-ordinarily average.

Player with massive potential is allowed to leave the club after some known off field issues (even earlier in the year)

I know the easy option is to say ask what the club is doing however maybe, just maybe, we do not know the whole picture and should not jump to conclusions

As for the JWH comparison when did we ever not want to sign him? The rooters did a brown bag special which the club could not match

Confirmed so far:
OUT
Starling, Mateo, Symonds, Lyon, Vave, Moltzen, Burgess

IN
Winterstein, Wright, Lane

We don't know which others players will / will not or have / have not signed.

To date, we have severely gone backwards depth wise. Of the players signed there, I'd say Lane is the only one with long term potential. Wright is a plodder, and Winterstein I haven't seen enough of to make a comment, but of his two games, he's been extra-ordinarily average.
In > Willis Meehan, Jamil Hopoate, Brad Parker...more than adequate replacements for Burgess, Mateo etc. Maybe just need another forward & reasonable back. We'll be fine Ryan.

Knight has messed up time and again. Maybe he isn't showing the same application to training as young Hoppa, Meehan and AFB?
Knight has the potential to be an international. He must be retained, unless his off-field antics become too great an issue.

Tau
Taupua is a docile giant, he carts the ball up but never creates a second phase in attack. Most of his offloads are to the ground :cool:

I didn't say that he was bad, but he does not have the mongrel that can turn a game like say Darcy or JWH/Knight :shake:

Plus Taupua's strength but lack of technique, has had him suspended twice already. He was lucky the Bird KO didn't get him 4 weeks plus :mad:
Taupau was brought to Manly to take the ball up & make inroads, which he does! AFB bends the line every time he has the ball. You can't expect every forward to have off load skills. You need forwards with mongrel! Both Taupau & AFB have this!!! Taupau is one of our leading meter eaters. If you think that about him then tell me what Jake T, Buhrer, Starling, Myles, Brown, Green etc. do better??? With a forward rotation of Lussick, Taupau, Jake T, AFB, Buhrer, Meehan, Lane, Hopoate, Myles.......we have plenty of eager youngsters with skill & mongrel & old heads to lead them!

Taupau has got us to the bottom 4?? Are you serious?? He started off slow but has been one of our most damaging players & has finished off strongly. Not sure how you came to the conclusion he's been bad??
He's been one of the best forwards in the game people are just angry that he got suspended twice in the beginning. He was a weapon at the beginning of the season now he's a one man army. Can't wait for next season with the forwards we got, Tapau will be firing alright.

In > Willis Meehan, Jamil Hopoate, Brad Parker...more than adequate replacements for Burgess, Mateo etc. Maybe just need another forward & reasonable back. We'll be fine Ryan.

Be careful what you wish for mate. Remember, we already have NSW/QLD Cup quality (at this stage) players in Winterstein, Wright, Wiliame, Parcell, Leary (and I'd say Myles is NSW Cup quality now). If you add another three, that's 9 depth quality players in the top grade. The below is the WORST case scenario I'm hoping for (because I hope we don't sign the plodder Green, or the washed up Uate) - but think we may have:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua (or Parker)
03. Steve Matai
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate (or Mead)
06. Blake Green (or Koroisou)
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Parcell
10. Darcy Lussick
11. Marty Taupau
12. Matt Gillett
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Apisai Koroisou (or Brown)
15. Addin Fanue-Blake
16. XXXXXXXXXX (hopefully a rookie or signing)
17. Shaun Lane

NSW Cup

01. Brayden Wiliame / Brett Stewart
02. Brad Parker
03. Mathew Wright
04. Lewis Brown
05. Tony Satini / Brayden Wiliame
06. Cameron Cullen
07. Luke Walsh
08. Nate Myles
09. Hugh Pratt
10. Brenton Lawrence
11. Frank Winterstein
12. Nathan Green
13. Jamil Hopoate

14. Nicholas Hynes
15. Willis Meehan
16. Liam Knight
17. Billy Bainbridge

If Willow / Randall couldn't take that NSW Cup team to very late in the season, they should by told to walk across the battlefield, put their heads between their legs, and kiss their own arses *Braveheart.

James Hasson like Knight was a sensation in the lower grades but like may lower grade sensations he didn't cut it at NRL level . There is no guarantee that Knight will be a sensation .So there is no need to get our feathers in a knot feathered friends .

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2