Liam knight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I believe Stephen Knight was an Englishman.

Stephen Knight was born in Manly and went to Manly Boys High a few years ahead of me. James Black also came through some years later than me and was briefly at Manly Boys High before going to Beacon Hill High. Len Diett, another Manly Boys High lad and raised in Dee Why, was a school teacher and phys ed teacher there for a while when I was a student and may have been an influence on Steve. Diett played for Manly Union and North Sydney league. Both Steven and Len were at different times captains of the Manly Boys High First XV.

Got no idea if Steve and Liam are related. Ask Papa Knight

Last edited:
Stephen Knight was born in Manly and went to Manly Boys High a few years ahead of me. James Black also came through some years later than me and was briefly at Manly Boys High before going to Beacon Hill High. Len Diett, another Manly Boys High lad and raised in Dee Why, was a school teacher and phys ed teacher there for a while when I was a student and may have been an influence on Steve. Diett played for Manly Union and North Sydney league. Both Steven and Len were at different times captains of the Manly Boys High First XV.

Thank you, was I thinking Steve Norton?

is ramien quality? how does he line up against goodall, satini or lavaka?
Ramien is a good centre and reminds me of a young killer his passing game looks flawless could debut this year. For outside back replacements I'd say this is the pecking order.

1.Lavaka
2.Goodall
3.Ramien
4.Satini
5.Moltzen
6.Williame

Ramien is a good centre and reminds me of a young killer his passing game looks flawless could debut this year. For outside back replacements I'd say this is the pecking order.

1.Lavaka
2.Goodall
3.Ramien
4.Satini
5.Moltzen
6.Williame

Well that is your pecking order as Williame is clearly 1 since he was picked. Moltzen and Satini would be above the others unless injured. Moltzen is a class player if he can string some games together. Hard to compare them all anyway as some are wingers or centres or halves. Williame and Moltzen the most versatile from them all.

John Harvey also went to Manly Boys High not long after, and went on to win premierships in 76 and 78 with Manly. And was a teammate of Stephen Knight in the 78 win.

John Harvey also went to Manly Boys High not long after, and went on to win premierships in 76 and 78 with Manly. And was a teammate of Stephen Knight in the 78 win.

Sounds like you may have gone to Manly Boys High as well Rex. Did we ever meet I wonder?

Sounds like you may have gone to Manly Boys High as well Rex. Did we ever meet I wonder?
Possible. I knew a number of people from the school including John and his cousin of the same age. John was always built like a barnhouse.

Funny remembering so many years ago. I remember being in the same year as Terry Randall in primary school. Knew him but not well. He was a pretty fast runner as a kid. If I recall rightly he had two cousins there , the Riddell brothers I think. Often wondered what happened to them.

I find some of the points of view very interesting regarding @Pappa Knight.
On one hand, many seemed positive and thankful to have him posting. But the danger for him (and why I suspect parents and family of players don't post) is that as soon as he heard something negative about his son, it may have angered or upset him.
There are several theories to the Liam Knight story, but to date there is no outcome to these theories. Whether he wants to stay or not will ultimately come down to money and opportunity. If he has indeed done a deal or even hand shake deal with the Roosters, then things will take their course.
Criticising him and questioning his loyalty, especially being so young, is poor form. He will never let his mates on the paddock down!
On the other hand, comments from some that he has not proven himself is bang on the money. He has not.
I suspect that we may not see any further interaction from Pappa Knight, which is a shame. He obviously is very proud of his son and should be encouraged to participate in the forums. However he must be prepared for all sorts of criticism from the armchair fans. Some are so personal in their attacks on our past and present players, that really, it goes a little beyond useful constructive criticism. As a result the forum members start tearing each other to shreds for fun and ridicule.
It's gonna be a long season, and we will all have a day or night where life is not going so well, and that spills over into a rant about your favorite footy team, and what pisses you off.
Let 2016 be a year where some respect to your fellow posters is encouraged.

I know in the past I have absolutely given it to one polarising member on here, and despite the fact that most of what he said was outright nasty and often untrue, I modified my views to accept that he had different views on certain subjects.
Passion is a very useful tool for life, however it sometimes lands us in a world of bother, especially with introverted, quiet PC types.
Have fun this year guys, but play the man a little less, and learn to forgive the odd crazy rant that may at the time ruffle your feathers. It also does not hurt to apologise for such behaviour if you overstep the mark.

Thanks for the entertainment & may we devour Dessies crew at Brookie this Friday night and launch a great season ahead.
Dear Wombat,
I apologise for the somewhat late reply Just wanted to say I totally agree with your take o. Thi gs way back then and I appreciate your sensible, logical way in explaining things, hope your well PapaKnight x

Despite some varied viewpoints about Liam on here I think Pappa Knight will be fine, he appears to have a great temperament and sense of humour. He didn't have to come back on when the talk was about potential other clubs, but he did, and was honest about Liam's preference to stay and his own knowledge of the negotiations.
And when Liam signs with Manly, rather than closing this thread down, maybe it might just go on to rival Foz and DCE's threads in five years time.:)
Hey Eagles dont tweet, we now know where this all ended up haha, oh well hope things are doing okay for you regards Pappa Knight

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2