Liam knight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Huh? I've already said 3-4 times in this thread that I have no idea on the issue, but just have an opinion? Like I say, if his heart IS at Manly, I want him here too Papa.

Unsure why your implying I DID know anything, but I noticed a few sheep in @Clint and @southsideeagle followed suit, so maybe I wasn't clear enough in me saying I had no knowledge whatsoever 4-5 times in this thread.
Ryan i think its just because you said it with a lot of conviction and certainty. Its easy for some to misread and take a passionate opinion as gospel. And you are passionate about the jersey and the club, which is great. Communicating through messages on forums can be like reading smoke signals at times, as i know you already know )) No biggie

Ryan

Journey Man
Why not just apologise for jumping the gun? Maybe you always intended it as opinion but at the time it came across as you stating a fact, because of your words in quotes like these!

Yet, your cherry picking to play the man, rather than the debate, sorry (again). How about including the posts where I say that everything is opinion? Doesn't suit your story though, does it? I understand your trying to rally support...but give both arguments a go - not just the one that suits your need.

I hold to everything I said. From what I have read, who I have spoken to, I believe what I believe, but that's just an opinion only. Gone. May be wrong, maybe right, but I'm entitled to share my opinion, without you implying that I'm misleading or lying - How dare you question my character?

I cannot believe I'm having to debate, that I want Manly people only, at Manly. For anyone to come out and suggest they are talking to a number of clubs, or a player to believe they can say to the media, they wake up and don't know if they want to be here anymore.

Sorry, unlike others who claim they don't anymore, I do get attached to the players. When a player quaff's about speaking to the opposition, it doesn't sit well with me. You can have all the apathy to the players you like. That's not me, and don't question my integrity because you don't.

As I said, I "want" him to be an Eagle for life and become a club legend, but if I feel he is heading down the same path DCE, Foran, Watmough, Choc and others did over the past 24 months, no - I will NOT be happy.

We all need to be pulling in the same direction - which you clearly don't agree with or care about. I swear people forget what Rugby League was always meant to be about. Community, tribalism, passion, loyalty.

Your just accepting that it's a business, because people tell you too. Nope, I may be old fashioned, and prehistoric with my views, but it's those exact reasons I love this sport.

And Menzies typified that.

Be positive, be passionate. Apathy to the jersey by players "just because it's the norm now and accepted" - bleh horrible Ser8. I'm loving this off season, because apart from reading those quotes about Liam, it felt as though it was an absolute joy to throw the jersey on by each and every other player. After the past 24 months, that's been so refreshing.

Last edited:

Rex

Bencher
Yes, yes, stop brown nosing. Your lips are getting sloppy with poop. If you want players here vocally being undecided or non committed (especially after what we have witnessed over the last few years) then more power to you.

Your arguing semantics because you want to side with a players old man.

Fact: I clearly explained it was opinion, and Papa then claimed that I was stating it as fact, and you know he was wrong, but thought what he said was funny. Again, brown tonguing.

Fact: You saw what happens to a club with players who want clearing of the air meetings, and being undecided about wanting or not wanting to be here. Your supporting more of that. Go for your life.

You find what he said as funny, huh?

EDIT: And Bozo (and Arko) are now pulling the strings at this club again. Watch what happens when players aren't committed 100% - and btw, that doesn't include Liam Knight. Hope the kid becomes a legend like Jake Trb is going to become, and for a long time. He's one of ours.
Things are not always as they seem Ryan. Your emotive attack appears to have come from these two postings:
Ryan has no certainty of anything believe me and i know !

I'm certainly certain I'm not certain what's going to happen with your son. Just hoping it all works out and he stays.

Pappa's posting that I responded to originally said "Rex has no certainty of anything believe me and i know !". Yes it is possible I misread it, more likely in my mind that Pappa subsequently edited it. On first reading I agreed with Pappa because it was absolutely true. I didn't have certainty of anything. That was the context of my reply. It wasn't in any way, shape or form meant as a slight directed at you.

I find it equally true, and equally inoffensive, now that it reads with the name Ryan instead of Rex. I read that as Pappa giving feedback on his understanding of the current situation with Liam.

So I was bemused to read your abusive rant directed at me for me for simply agreeing with Pappa that I wasn't certain. When I read your rant the first couple of times, you called me a moron for agreeing with him. Now the "moron" reference in your posting has simply disappeared. Possible I misread it? Yes, I guess so. But I'm thinking its more likely your posting was similarly amended.

Things are not always as they appear Ryan. That applies to postings here and to everything else, including what we might speculate goes through football players' minds.

Ryan

Journey Man
Sorry, one last thing. I remember going back to the Leagues Club, after a game, and NBQ (wonder if anyone will remember who that is !!) came up to a few of us (think Dan was there) and shared a drink, and just told us how much he loved the place, and wanted to be here forever.

Look at the talent of say that guy compared to say Foran (chalk and cheese), but I will always respect Koala more than Foran as a Manly player because of just that.

I know they both came and went, and one had tonnes more natural talent than the other, but it was about how the two carried themselves when here.

Guys, I'm happy to be told I'm wrong, or that my opinion is off, but this is a deal breaker for me. We saw the damage players who weren't specifically committed 100% can do to a club the past 2 years.

Ryan

Journey Man
Things are not always as they seem Ryan. Your emotive attack appears to have come from these two postings:

Pappa's posting that I responded to originally said "Rex has no certainty of anything believe me and i know !". Yes it is possible I misread it, more likely in my mind that Pappa subsequently edited it. On first reading I agreed with Pappa because it was absolutely true. I didn't have certainty of anything. That was the context of my reply. It wasn't in any way, shape or form meant as a slight directed at you.

I find it equally true, and equally inoffensive, now that it reads with the name Ryan instead of Rex. I read that as Pappa giving nudge-nudge-wink-wink feedback on his understanding of the current situation with Liam.

So I was bemused to read your abusive rant directed at me for me for simply agreeing with Pappa that I wasn't certain. When I read your rant the first couple of times, you called me a moron for agreeing with him. Now the "moron" reference in your posting has simply disappeared. Possible I misread it? Yes, I guess so. But I'm thinking its more likely your posting was similarly amended.

Things are not always as they appear Ryan. That applies to postings here and to everything else, including what we might speculate goes through football players' minds.

Yeah, I often reply, and change the post quite a few times, to either tweek, or soften it. I read it back, then say, "nah, way too harsh". The difficulty for that is sometimes people might read the first attempt. I obviously DON'T think your a moron, otherwise I wouldn't debate football with you or share our time.

I respect your opinion of coarse, which is why I changed it. Just got pissed off that while you were the person I specifically told it was opinion only, it was you who laughed when Papa basically suggested pages later that I don't know anything?

I don't see the humor in it at all? Just seemed like you were sucking up, just because, but at my expense. Therefore, if the name was originally you, I am in the wrong, and apologise - I promise I didn't see that.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Clubs were falling over each other vying for NBQ's prized signature ... or maybe not!
Yes Foran left but let's not jump to conclusions and assume the worst of everyone.
Our players are young men trying to prosper in a brutal sport in which they only get a small window of time to make their fortune.
I'll cheer those who don our colours and boo those who line up against us but it's not always necessary to disparage the character of those who consider other offers.

Rex

Bencher
Yeah, I often reply, and change the post quite a few times, to either tweek, or soften it. I read it back, then say, "nah, way too harsh". The difficulty for that is sometimes people might read the first attempt. I obviously DON'T think your a moron, otherwise I wouldn't debate football with you or share our time.

I respect your opinion of coarse, which is why I changed it. Just got pissed off that while you were the person I specifically told it was opinion only, it was you who laughed when Papa basically suggested pages later that I don't know anything?

I don't see the humor in it at all? Just seemed like you were sucking up, just because, but at my expense. Therefore, if the name was originally you, I am in the wrong, and apologise - I promise I didn't see that.
Have you heard that it was all a misunderstanding Ryan and that I was actually light-heartedly laughing at his exact same statement apparently directed at me?

Ryan

Journey Man
Clubs were falling over each other vying for NBQ's prized signature ... or maybe not!
Yes Foran left but let's not jump to conclusions and assume the worst of everyone.
Our players are young men trying to prosper in a brutal sport in which they only get a small window of time to make their fortune.
I'll cheer those who don our colours and boo those who line up against us but it's not always necessary to disparage the character of those who consider other offers.

Oh I agree mate. But there has to be a level of respect and discretion to how you carry out the negotiations. In my opinion, it would have been much nicer for a kid who has 0 first grade experience to say, "I'm focused on Manly and playing first grade. That's what I want", rather than, "yeah, I'm talking to a number of clubs".

That's why I say Restricted Free Agency and Drafting needs to happen sooner rather than later.

Surely you can admit, it's the way the players handled those other options & offers that caused a massive disruption, and coaches, management their jobs over the past 24 months?

If you so agree, doesn't that mean you may have to agree with me on that front? If you don't agree, well....I'm not sure what else it was over the past two years that killed off enjoyment for many fans, and why the club decided a complete cleanout was required?

Ryan

Journey Man
Have you heard that it was all a misunderstanding Ryan and that I was actually light-heartedly laughing at his exact same statement apparently directed at me?

LOL yeah, and again I added another bit at the bottom only after you read it :) Hahahahaha see the last bit.

Rex

Bencher
I'm altogether fallible, so I guess it is possible I misread the name, but I am absolutely certain that I read it (twice) as being me, and responded thinking it was me that was named.

And I still don't read what was written as a personal attack on anyone.

robbiea

First Grader
Tipping Member
I'm altogether fallicable , so I guess it is possible I misread the name, but I am absolutely certain that I read it (twice) as being me, and responded thinking it was me that was named.

And I still don't read what was written as a personal attack on anyone.
Thats what I read first !

TBH, what a ****storm over a junior. The boy can play, but please....... he isn't anything more than a promise or an opportunity.

However,

Thanks Pappa for reappearing in your boys thread. Its appreciated that there are still some decisions to be made.

Thanks Liam for playing for Manly, and being a promising footy player that may play 1sts for Manly, or may not.

Thanks Ryan for trying to educate the ****ing retarded masses on this thread.

I hope Liam has a go at Manly, and wish him well if he does.

If he goes somewhere else, well goodbye, thanks, and hopefully stay injury free and have a long career wherever you go.

Rex

Bencher
How dare you question my character?
Do as I say not as I do, eh Ryan?

You've far more than questioned my character with your extremely abusive rant.

And based on a totally false premise. It just make you look very soft when you whinge about being challenged.

Ryan

Journey Man
Do as I say not as I do, eh Ryan?

You've far more than questioned my character with your extremely abusive rant.

And based on a totally false premise. It just make you look very soft when you whinge about being challenged.

Lol, didn't we finish this conversation, kiss and make-up like 10 hours ago?

You on the drink or something mate? Or just feel like a round 2, or something?

Sorry to disappoint. You ain't going to get it from me.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18