Liam knight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

double hoops

First Grader
**** me. We fans clearly rate this kid and don't want to loose him or we wouldn't be making this big a who har about his signature.

Let him play against some men, cope a smack in the chops and see how his temperament goes. Let him play with the turbos and enjoy his footy and reevaluate in a few weeks shall we?

Bozo is no spring chicken. He didn't wake up yesterday, but I reckon he learnt a few things from Arko. And let's face it, Arko signed plenty under value, but he rarely missed out on someone he wanted to keep. Bozo will be no different.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
I very much doubt that Knight has signed with anyone for 2017 and I doubt any formal offers have been made.

I suspect what happens with Knight will be determined in the first half of the season, and how he performs at the higher level, and he'll get is chance through injury. If he is as good as he seems to be , then Manly will go out of their way to retain him. Other offers will come ,but if Manly stay in the ballpark, they'll retain him. If Knight wants to stay with Manly, he would be a fool to sign elsewhere before he's had a chance to show to Manly in the top grade that he has the goods.

Hgbcds

Reserve Grader
**** me. We fans clearly rate this kid and don't want to loose him or we wouldn't be making this big a who har about his signature.

Let him play against some men, cope a smack in the chops and see how his temperament goes. Let him play with the turbos and enjoy his footy and reevaluate in a few weeks shall we?

Bozo is no spring chicken. He didn't wake up yesterday, but I reckon he learnt a few things from Arko. And let's face it, Arko signed plenty under value, but he rarely missed out on someone he wanted to keep. Bozo will be no different.
**** me I've watched him play against men the last two weeks where were you real fan ?

Last edited:

MRW

Listen to what Knight says about Tom and you'll get it. They are obviously good mates.
Yep my point exactly, the kid is well liked in the player group and wants to stay but if you take all the he said she said ***t and quotes out of context you could easily misread his intentions. He is only a kid and could have a big future with Manly , lets just see where the contact negotiations end up and wish him the best which ever way he decides..

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Whenever somebody drags out the line about waiting till he plays against men yada yada i think of a 20 year old Tyson winning the WBC
Skip to round two for the ko.

double hoops

First Grader
**** me I've watched him play against men the last two weeks where were you real fan ?
@Hgbcds I thought we had this all worked out H? I did say you should tape the nines whilst you were attending that Bulldogs trial and report back you know? I did think It was clear, I would not be attending that game and I am sorry I disappointed u so.

Please accept my apologies. Yes I understand Knight was very good that day, some might even say the opposition were men?. But I must admit I am a tad disappointed I can't be a real fan, given I watched man play 9 aside that day and not 13. :-(

Last edited:
Was told a little inside info on this today.
The Roosters had not made any formal offer to Liam or his management, they have however put in an expression of interest for 2017 should he become available to negotiate.
The kid is desperate to test himself at NRL level.
He said his Heart is at Manly, and staying put is his desire.
He is great mates with so many players at the club, many whom are first grade regulars.

Here's hoping manly do the right thing and blood the kid, if he handles NRL offer him an appropriate contract.
Well said Briza and very true, his heart is at Manly he has been here since he started his journey to NRL, Good On Ya !

Be surprised if Knight is not in the 14-17 in round 1.
Barrett is a massive fan & though only 60% of the finished product, already a better option than many in line for a spot.
Personally think an intro against a rugged Dogs pack is not ideal & would prefer him in the mix after round 5, but have a strong feeling he will be there from the start. This could well prove a good thing for retention, plus he is the type of player who has the potential to be a standout in his 1st season.
Nicely said Maxta .......

I'm certainly certain I'm not certain what's going to happen with your son. Just hoping it all works out and he stays.
Cheers Rex and dont feel lonely i have no clue whats going on either, i hear things from my mates before i get told anything by Liam ! haha

conanu

Bencher
It certainly makes more sense that Liam shows how good he can be in first grade before he signs anywhere. If he makes a big impact in his debut in 1st grade it could put his value through the roof and attract more attention. I cant see why he would want to jump into signing with anyone until he gets that chance especially when he has youth on his side.

Ryan has no certainty of anything believe me and i know !
In his defense, he did say that he did not know... he was expressing his thoughts.
In any case, thanks for coming on. Great to hear we are still in the mix... boof head certainly shows a ton of promise. Would hate to have another JWH situation!

Ryan

Journey Man
Ryan has no certainty of anything believe me and i know !

Huh? I've already said 3-4 times in this thread that I have no idea on the issue, but just have an opinion? Like I say, if his heart IS at Manly, I want him here too Papa.

Unsure why your implying I DID know anything, but I noticed a few sheep in @Clint and @southsideeagle followed suit, so maybe I wasn't clear enough in me saying I had no knowledge whatsoever 4-5 times in this thread.

If he's considering leaving (for whatever reason), then Manly should focus their time, effort and money on assets that ARE planning on sticking around.

It's about culture. We don't need apathy in the ranks about the jersey. Whether that's from Liam, Jamie Lyon, Brett Stewart - anyone. I wasn't singling him out. There WAS an article the other day quoting him suggesting he's talking to a few clubs.

Look at the toll player disharmony created around the place the last few years. It cost us Tooves. It cost us Watmough. It cost us Foran. Matai was asking for releases. It cost us a coaching staff. The team today doesn't even feel like The Manly of yesterday. What about all the negative press !!!

We need a one ship approach Papa. Players who want to rip in for the jersey and have pride in it. Players like Menzies. Unfortunately, legends like that are a dying breed, as players float from club to club. For mine, that just takes the enjoyment out of the game.

I completely understand your loyalty in this though, so there's no way I'm going to win this argument :) That said, I want Manly people at Manly, and I would absolutely LOVE Liam to be included in all of that.

By the way, I still think this shows why there should be rookie contracts, and restricted free agents.

Last edited:

Ryan

Journey Man
What is a Restricted Free Agent in the NHL?

A player who has completed his entry-level contract, but does not have enough NHL service to become an unrestricted free agent. This player qualifies as a restricted free agent when his contract expires.

What's an Offer Sheet, and what happens when a Restricted Free Agent signs it?

An offer sheet is a contract negotiated between an NHL team and a restricted free agent on another team. It includes all the terms of a standard player contract, including length, salary, bonuses, etc.

When a player signs an offer sheet with a new team, his current team is notified. That team has the right to "match" the offer sheet with an identical contract, and keep the player. Or it can decline and let the player join the new team under the terms of the offer sheet.

The original team has seven days to make its decision.

Can a team trade a Restricted Free Agent who has signed an Offer Sheet?

No. Once an offer sheet has been signed, the original team has only two options: match the offer or let the player go.

Can a team match an Offer Sheet and then trade the player?

No. If the original team chooses to “match” the offer sheet, the player cannot be traded for one year.

Is there compensation for an NHL team that loses a Restricted Free Agent on an Offer Sheet?

Yes. The team that declines the offer sheet and loses the player receives draft picks from the player’s new team.

Compensation for losing a restricted free agent is on a sliding scale, depending on how much the new contract is worth. The exact numbers change every year.

The numbers as of 2011:
- A team signing a restricted free agent to a contract worth more than $7,835,219 per season loses four first-round draft picks to the player's old team.

- For a contract with an annual value of at least $6,268,176, the acquiring team gives up two first-round picks, one second-round pick, and one third-round pick.
- There are another four levels of compensation, going down to a contract worth up to $1,034,249 per year, for which there is no compensation.

Can an NHL Restricted Free Agent sign an Offer Sheet if he is awaiting Salary Arbitration?

No. A player going to salary arbitration is effectively off the market.

He can only continue negotiations with his current team, or go to arbitration.

What is a Qualifying Offer?

A contract offer extended to a restricted free agent by his current team. By making a qualifying offer, an NHL team maintains the player's status as a restricted free agent, even if the qualifying offer is rejected.

If the qualifying offer is not made by the current team, the player becomes an unrestricted free agent, free to sign with any NHL team.

- Players who earned less than $660,000 in the previous NHL season must be offered at least 110 percent of last season's salary in a qualifying offer.

- Players who earned up to $1 million must be offered 105 percent.
- Players who earned over $1 million must be offered 100 percent.

Why is December 1 a pivotal date for restricted free agents?

A restricted free agent who does not sign a new contract by December 1 becomes ineligible to play for the rest of the season. It's essentially a deadline for contract negotiations that drag into the new season.

Ryan

Journey Man
Entry-Level Player
What is Entry-Level Player?
A player signed by an NHL team to an entry-level contract. Entry-level contracts are given to players under the age of 25 and vary in length depending on the player's age. The entry-level contract is usually the first professional contract that a player under 25 signs when beginning his NHL career.

Sporting Charts explains Entry-Level Player
Players aged between 18 and 21 years who are beginning their NHL career are required to sign an entry-level contract lasting three years, while players who are 22 or 23 years old must sign two-year entry-level contracts, and 24-year old players must sign a one-year entry-level contract. The compensation given to an entry-level player is limited, and the maximum base salary is set by the collective bargaining agreement. However, entry-level players are eligible to receive signing bonuses and performance bonuses. These bonuses are decided upon by the team attempting to sign the entry-level player.

A player is a Restricted Free Agent at the end of said contract

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
13 10 3 80 22
13 9 4 110 20
12 7 5 64 18
12 7 5 -37 18
13 7 6 133 16
13 7 6 81 16
13 7 6 47 16
13 7 6 -34 16