Liam Foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
Watching him over the last 4 weeks he reminds me of better version of Monaghan - minus the circles.

He has an above average kicking game but occasionally takes the wrong wrong option

Very very solid defender

His passing game is ok but isn't as crisp as Dce and his brother at this stage

I think he has the size and ticker to play in the back row if ever needed.

How far have we come as a club to have a bloke as good as this in reserve grade.

Yeah i think he has done a great job and would fit in a fair few FG sides in this comp. His defense is his real strong point.

Doesn't read a game as well as Keiran and lacks pace off the mark to run through a gap.

He does some good things but if his attack passing was better we would have run away with the game yesterday.

As I've said in my previous post, Liam has huge potential and has been quite unlucky to be stuck behind both DCE and his brother. In a lot of other clubs he would be a main-stayer in the halves.

You guys are very lucky to have so much depth in your halves. You're also very lucky that both Kieran and Liam's dream is to play together. This will help to ensure they both stick around for many more years to come with the signing of Kieran's recent contract.[/align]

I think Liam is solid - he seems like he is playing within himself to not make errors and playing the percentages and its working OK.

My only criticism, other than being a bit conservative in attack, would be the number of grubber kicks he does....the kicks themselves are OK and safe but occasionally mixing it up with a bomb wouldnt hurt. The grubbers almost always lead to a straight turnover.

He's going OK and you can understand he doesnt want to make errors ...... but it wont be until he takes the hand brake off & tries to use his skills that we know what he really has.

I feel he is being groomed for 9.

But he is not in Ballins class defensively.

I think he is ordinary TBH. If he was our regular 5/8 I'd be looking for a replacement. If he is being groomed for 9 then he needs to work on his pace - especially off the mark.

He's fairly 'meh', IMO. Nothing special about his game at all. Nice link in the chain but ideally he's a career backup for us.

Don't think he's a viable option in the backrow as he don't think he has the leg drive to make a dozen or so good quality hit ups a game. He might make a decent hooker, but my only query on that would be there is a big difference going from making 20 odd tackles a game to easily doubling that, and from making the odd repeat effort to doing it every other set of six. Then back up to be involved in nearly every play in attack. I'd suggest we might find out a bit more about Toovs thoughts on him when he returns to the reggies when his brother comes back. If he spends games at hooker then he's being groomed for it. If he continues to play in the halves then he'll only ever be a backup player.

By the sounds of it we may be grooming him up as Ballin's replacement

He will be easily up to the mark defensively in that area, the other areas will be a wait and see

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4