Lewis Brown free to leave?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Ah, I imagine this would be the “ big” story my old mate Gerard Condom from Reading the Play would be alluding to.

I can’t read his tweets any more as he’s blocked me but @Cameron kindly screenshots the Manly ones and send them to me.

Mid year transfer coming up!!
I prefer reading Misreading the plays tweets way more
Informative than
Gerald Condom

I have fond memories of Lewis “Leroy” Brown.
The thing about Lewis was that whenever there was a try scored, or a big bust through the line, you could rely on Lewis being right there in the frame, in opposition colours missing the tackles or watching the try being scored.
I remember when he came to Manly, I will admit I was quite familiar with his name. His name was said a lot obviously, but I didn’t know who he was and could not remember a single thing he did, or even what he looked like.
It is then I sat down and watched him play for the mighty Panthers in those late rounds of 2015. I can be truly honest and say he met my expectations at Manly.
Other what his try for Manly in the semi final last year, I don’t remember a single thing he as done for Manly either.
Good luck Lewis, but we know Manly was never going be a good fit, and you proved us right.
NYEagle

Some harsh commentary here.
Obviously as ST's favourite whipping boy, the sheep will be happy.

Let's not forget Lewis did a job, amongst some pretty dire team injury and form issues over the last 2 years.
And has never looked like doing a Nate Myles smart arse thing.

The guy did his best for the team, and no-one can ask for more than that.

Good luck going foward Lewis.

Let's not forget Lewis did a job, amongst some pretty dire team injury and form issues over the last 2 years.

Good post mate

Not a fan off poo but certainly recognise an international and a dedicated footballer and anyone who puts it all on the line when you run out to the toughest sport in the world

The bloke had a dig every time under circumstances that didn't favour him as an individual and played in unfavourable situations

I have spoken to a couple of players past and present who rate him being around the club

Maybe not good enough for us supporters who know the game so well but hits the mark by the playing fraternity

If you move on Lewis , thanks for having a crack for the mighty manly warringah sea eagles

I dare say its ESL for him.

Mabye the titans will pick him up, they seem to buy all the players looking for new clubs.

I’m convinced it’s nothing more than click bait these days.

Bloody sad that the media has to resort to this now just to make a living!!

They're not even a real 'news' source. It's like the site only exists so they can claim some tax expenses off the rent they have to pay their mother's for living in their basements.

Bloody sad that people like Lurker are even considered media these days.

Back when I was growing up in the 80s and 90s.....media were just that. They were either legit newspaper writers or a television or radio journalist, and often were a combination of all three. Now thanks to the internet and the advent of social media just about anyone can be even without having studied journalism or actually even work in any part of the industry. You could name yourself something like "The Listener", make a fake Twitter and Facebook account and just keep putting up stuff you read or see on TV or even just make stuff up, claim its a scoop and eventually people will think you're some legit journo with inside knowledge.

Look, as far as Lewis Brown goes.....I think its best if we don't actually release him until his contract is up at the end of this season. We're down on troops as it is, even if we are due to get Jorge, Brad Parker and Jetski back in 2 or 3 weeks. He's far from the best player going around, but he's a decent bench cover if we actually need him.

Releasing him before the end of the season doesn't make much sense, even financially. We'll still be paying him so we might as well pay him to be here rather than having another Nate Myles on our hands.

Poo would be upset because Twenty is not letting him play; to show his future employers what a bargain he is at only 350k pa.

In Reggies (or a bench non player), he becomes Matt/ Tom wright @150-200k.

No-one thinks of the Poos mortgage repayments!!!!!!!!!!

Lewis Brown is on around $175K. He was bought as a cut-price replacement for Jamie Buhrer, who the club felt was being paid too much at the time on $360K. Similar role, small back rower or backup hooker/centre. Made sense at the time, although personally I was bummed at losing Buhrer.

drama.

horror

angry
embattled

filthy

Just look at the writing style of these gutless no name never were and never will be's.

Such total trash. Hopefully self driving cars get to Australia soon as surely these idiots are a risk every time they attempt to do something more than drool.

Tiny tiny brains. Serial liars.
Well said. It seems to be getting worse, too.

I actually called out Andrew Webster at the SMH for it the other day, after yet another diatribe against the Eagles which seemed to be mainly based on the fact he was having a dummy spit because the story about DCE/Hastings leaked 24 hours before he was invited to a press conference about it. Same use of sensationalist vernacular and adjectives - "horror, trash, dismay, darkness, despair...". Oddly, he didn't get back to me.

But I like your point - there is more trash-talking sensationalist garbage being written than ever before, and sadly it is no longer confined to the Telegraph!

Lets not forget that we moved Buhrer on to Newcastle to accomodate Lewis Brown. I won't miss him. I wish him all the best in his future endeavours though.

Jamie hasn't exactly been setting the NRL alight either, since he left.
Yeah and he hasn't really spent a whole lot of time on the field either. Love him as a Manly junior and was sad to see him go but it may have been the right decision. Saved some money in the cap and may have dodged a bullet with his injuries.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12